Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£25.20 for two boxes of boiled sweets. Who pays these extortionate prices?
No me for sure. I think I might be classed as eitger being tight or shopping savvy. I suppose I’m lucky that o order everything on line and have time to check the prices per 100grams. Litres etc. take for example Maltesers, it’s often cheaper to buy packs of small bags rather than the big box. I usually get my home delivery from Tescos and they have recently introduced a price per unit on their app so it’s quite easy to sort to see best value for same type items.

No me for sure. I think I might be classed as eitger being tight or shopping savvy. I suppose I’m lucky that o order everything on line and have time to check the prices per 100grams. Litres etc. take for example Maltesers, it’s often cheaper to buy packs of small bags rather than the big box. I usually get my home delivery from Tescos and they have recently introduced a price per unit on their app so it’s quite easy to sort to see best value for same type items.
Come on QVC where’s your PC.? Not a cross section of the general public sampling the food. AY will have your guts for garters 🤣🤣🤣

If you are an OAP you'll likely get free hampers anyway from the Scouts or whoever 😁
I don’t! Maybe I don’t look 74🤣. I had to show proof of age to the Amazon delivery man. I did say to him I was flattered that he thought I was under 18 but rules is rules. He did finally accept my OAP bus pass even though it’s not on Amazons list of approved documents.

Less is more, as they say.

I do think we're getting to the point where the capitalist 'growth' mantra is at odds with Climate Change (oil, fossil fuel energy, plastics, waste) and the need to reduce our footprint and do more with less. But that's a topic for another day/forum/thread.

Xmas is just the tip of the iceberg, ha ha. And it's headed straight for us.
Every political party claims that growth - both population and economic - is a great thing yet it's a disaster for the environment and wildlife and just not sustainable. Perhaps we all have to be satisfied with a bit less in future.

This is the circle they can not square.

Oh gawd not the shoe perfume again - "if you love that Marc Jacob Daisy - and I'm not comparing."

No of course you aren't Peter you slippery old sod.

I usually get my Christmas veggies delivered a couple of days before Christmas Day. They’re usually massively reduced. Think I paid 15p for Brussels Sprouts, carrots & green beans. 45p for a big bag of potatoes and same for a cauliflower. They were good quality and I used the last of them on New Year’s Day. The can’t even be arsed to work out what I’d get at normal supermarket prices for £33.

A lot of local butchers do veggies as well

Does anyone own and use a microwave grill pan?

Nope, don't need it, have a Samsung Microwave/oven/grill combi, only downside is you have to be careful with the size of items you put in due to the grill which takes away some of the internal height, had to find a smaller microwave rice cooker as the Sistema one i had gets stuck by the grill and doesn't rotate.

Does anyone own and use a microwave grill pan?
I have one. Not exactly the same, but very similar. It is pretty good and does do pretty much what they say it does, but you do need a bit of trial and error with timings for different power microwaves and thicknesses of food. I use mine a lot!

Latest posts

Back