Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This magic comb can reverse grey hairs... eh... that's a new one.
IMG_3668.jpeg

Not in all cases….

''ok lets talk about the price because you're probably thinking this is going to cost about twenty grand''

what planet is this girl on :oops::oops:
I don't know what she was selling but I would have probably said it was probably nearer to £20!

Ideal World's choice of products is odd. A lot of stuff that Poundland would refuse to stock, or the expensive Opatra things. Vastly different customers I would have thought.

Yeah, c'mon IW - we're bored of Hammy and Muriel!

Maybe they should buy the name generator all the Chinese junk brands on Amazon use. Chuck in the container with the next lot of neck fans, air fryers, and USB cable.

Infinite possibilities for names when you jumble up letters into incoherent nonsense (and hey, IW is fond of that):

LEVOIT's in for this already, and now VOXXU — you lot are going bonkers for this, I knew you would!
Well done ULTTY, they've gone for the gold, which we're calling plum
XIUREI - we need you to check out now, go to the phones, okay, *cough*

And no, those are all real "brand names" clogging up Amazon with (mostly) same identikit, destined-for-landfill tosh as each other.
and 4VOXXAKE

Lyndsay on wearing her pyjamas with her toothbrush in the background. Ooh hang on.. she’s got a scragged back hair, fish lipped woman wearing glasses on with her. I git that wrong it’s not her toothbrush at all but an Avologi Enron face light thingy.

Flipping heck she’s now flogging Saffron with a clam it might act as an aphrodisiac amongst other things, shock horror only £15 for 2 grams. It’s the same price as buying it from the supermarket.

Now it's another miracle product = Jojoba oil.

We've heard all the claims until we're blue in the face - not only for wrinkles, not only for cuts, not only for dry skin, not only for nails, not only for hair, not only for wounds from patio doors.............

Shame it doesn't work on restoring scruples.

I don't know what she was selling but I would have probably said it was probably nearer to £20!

Ideal World's choice of products is odd. A lot of stuff that Poundland would refuse to stock, or the expensive Opatra things. Vastly different customers I would have thought.
You're right, the diversity of goods sold (or offered) on IW3 is indeed baffling.

They start and often end the day with very expensive items; the Opatra wonder devices and then Christophe Duchamp watches. In between it is mostly cheap and nasty tat.

It is like having a luxury section in Poundland selling designer brands - the two departments don't fit together somehow in the same store.

Does this diverse sales strategy work? I guess time will tell if this version of IW survives. With the backing of QVC it is not likely to collapse in a heap as the others did.

Just not a very good presenter essentially. The channel has a number of them. Some bad ones also. But at least one or two of those are entertainingly bad. Her and several others are just poor and unwatchable.
We're short of something to laugh at on the TV at present, so at least these channels serve a purpose some of the time. You couldn't make up half of what they do or say and 'engage brain before opening mouth' is certainly not a phrase most are familiar with.

There is no strategy. One minute it’s some shitty turntable nobody with any money would give a second glance to - let alone play. Then some forced high RRP watch nobody with £1795 in their sentient minds would pay that for. And £395 to the poor, sad saps who can only afford a pack of batteries watching can only aspire to. Cheap and tacky £9.99 storage unit job lots or watches for hundreds the punters targeted would struggle to buy. What ‘strategy’ could that way of selling be labelled under?

Slightly off-topic but linked in general to issues of time…I bought this classic 1970s Westclox ‘Space Age’ clock from eBay last week. It was sold as not working but actually ticks and keeps slow time from time to time. I wonder if the Professor or Hammy know if these clocks can be repaired? Mum and Dad were always told in the Green Shield Showroom that Westclox clocks could only be repaired by the maker..IMG_0666.jpeg

Slightly off-topic but linked in general to issues of time…I bought this classic 1970s Westclox ‘Space Age’ clock from eBay last week. It was sold as not working but actually ticks and keeps slow time from time to time. I wonder if the Professor or Hammy know if these clocks can be repaired? Mum and Dad were always told in the Green Shield Showroom that Westclox clocks could only be repaired by the maker..View attachment 29421
Love it, my favourite colour.

The channel has one of his songs as their mission statement - Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word...Either that or Someone Saved My Life Tonight and pulled the plug out.
To continue with the Elton John theme, I wonder which of the presenters are Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy?🤔

Latest posts

Back