Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would get 22 of them..Only because..I want you to get 22 of them....Just multi-buy them, okay? Chuck 'em on a skip, I don't care, Me....A LOT HOTTER...BURNING IN YOUR BEDS.. SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUSTING IN RUNCORN...I don't mean to frighten you.... Why has one side of my middle parting become a permanent goodbye? My nail varnish is melting in the intense heat of this unit full of ice cubes, okay?

Yeah, I looked into this a while back and bored everyone to death with it 😅.

The beauty side sell it on a very flimsy inference, i.e., "swallowing collagen = puts more collagen in your skin" but that's not how it works.

Collagen is a bundle of amino acids, so when you swallow some the stomach will break it down, in this case back in to those constituent amino acids — the same acids you get from a variety of other foods/drinks, not just "collagen drinks" flogged on selly telly.

Those amino acids are then available for your body to use for whatever it needs them for — spoiler: they're used for everything!

What the body can't do is say: "oh, gosh - best not use THESE amino acids for muscles, eyes, or basic brain function. THESE ones came from the Ideal World collagen drink. I need to use them for not only skin, not only nails, okay…"…

Of course, it's logical that giving your body an excess of amino acids makes it more likely it'll use them for things, but you can't choose what.

Plus, you'd need to not do any extra exercise (or those amino acids will be prioritised for repairing or building muscle, as that is more useful to your survival); you must be healthy and eating a proper balanced diet (to ensure you are getting an excess, and not just plugging a deficiency); and you take more than your RDA of vitamin C (as collagen can't be made without ample vitamin C).

But it doesn't require a specific "collagen drink" or pill.

You can do the same thing by eating more rich protein sources, a packet of jelly babies (gelatine is literally just collagen), or buying a £3 tub of amino acid powder you mix into water (which body builders use - more amino acids are needed to build muscle).

Or scoff a packet of Jelly Babies - gelatine is just cooked collagen 😂

Last edited:
I went for an eye test the other day, right? Right? I walked in and said can I have my sight checked, please? The man said to me: “It’s shy..,,this is the greengrocers,” okay. I then went to my dentist, Mr. Fillmeupp…I sald: “What do you recommend for yellow teeth?” He said: “Shove a banana in each ear for a matching twin set,” okay……Get the Fairywill NOW….I have been looking for fairy to agree for years, okay!!

Latest posts

Back