Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just placed an order for 100 of the flamingo wind spinner things. I'm going to put 60 in my front garden and 40 in the back. I'll daisy-chain electrical wire between them and connect to a large storage battery. The storage battery will be charged off them and I can then use this to power the electrical devices and lights in my home, thus saving me on electricity bills.

I'm not daft me, plus they'll look GREEEEEEEEEAT!

:)

I've just placed an order for 100 of the flamingo wind spinner things. I'm going to put 60 in my front garden and 40 in the back. I'll daisy-chain electrical wire between them and connect to a large storage battery. The storage battery will be charged off them and I can then use this to power the electrical devices and lights in my home, thus saving me on electricity bills.

Sooo stylish! I'm well jel.

I'm surprised there's any left because I heard Hammy was planning on bulk buying them to accompany him on his coastal walks.

Yes. They were even on the original Talk Radio which morphed into Talk Sport in the later 1990s, I think.

I remember emailing them what was meant to be a pun dressed up as ‘factual story’ about an actually fictitious encounter with curmudgeonly then presenter Mike Dickin (worth several posts in his own right. I said I ended up sat next to him on a plane and he was devouring several pieces of fried chicken as we flew. A case of ‘Finger Lickin’ Dickin’ (a KFC slogan of the time)…I said I said to him. Paul Hawksbee only went through the whole thing with Mike as they handed over to him. Only for him to abruptly say it was a pack of lies - leaving Paul totally deflated. needless to say, they never read out any more emails from me after that.

Dickin was killed in a road accident in Cornwall some years later. An experienced motoring journalist driver, well used to Cornwall’s challenging roads. He died very near to where he lived. A fierce believer that Princess Diana was murdered, he repeated those views frequently on-air over the years. I am yet to see the results of the inquest into his death or anything other than the most cursory details of what allegedly took place.
Yes, I remember Mike Dickin, the accident, and Talk Radio from its controversial outspoken beginnings, especially in the late night slot.

Also LBC, from the golden Bob Holness and Douglas Cameron era and the excellent theme music intros.

Latest posts

Back