Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pedro just said they can't get a signal in the studio because it is a Faraday cage!
I would think it’s in their interest not to get a signal - or at least to say they can’t get one. If they actually showed, in any detail, the images that this drone is producing, I don’t think too many people would want to buy it, perhaps?

Pedro just said they can't get a signal in the studio because it is a Faraday cage!

But it's all internal within the studio!

That would stop signals getting in from outside, but not between the controller and the drone or the wifi cam of drone to the phone.

So they could fly it!? Just like RDM did with every drone in every IW studio and does so on SoTV now!

But it's all internal within the studio!

That would stop signals getting in from outside, but not between the controller and the drone or the wifi cam of drone to the phone.

So they could fly it!? Just like RDM did with every drone in every IW studio and does so on SoTV now!
And if they want to demo the video of the drone's cam sent to the phone (via WiFi from the drone), they plug a cable into the phone to send the phone's screen to their broadcast suite. Like RDM does every night on SoTV.

Natalia was previewing the new studio this morning:
1717319204801.png

Would be interesting to know why they were continually mentioning for some months previous, something that has still not materialised. Was there ever a new studio? If there really is one, have they decided to do other things with it now?

All the old sets were decommissioned and taken down from the old Peterborough site shortly after the sale of IW's assets to TJC. There's a few pictures from a member of the production team on Twitter/X showing them being taken down and the studio empty afterwards.

I thought those sets would be re-erected in a new flame resistant space by now.

I thought something was coming up after that cryptic message from Mike a few months back "this sale is a thank you from us from our time in this studio"

Hopefully the staff member on the forum can give us an update. Interesting because we only hear from them when we comment on the lack of a studio, "coming soon, be patient". The person who denies being a staff member but claims to know a lot about it. Maybe the partner (or parent) of an employee or presenter which is near enough.

My source (Peter Simon's dog) claimed the new studio would be ready on the 12th of Never...

I'd genuinely love it if you proved us wrong. And explained why it wasn't ready on the 1st June like you said. I'm sure there's a simple explanation and not that you made it up. Because that would be silly.

Latest posts

Back