Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just looked at live feed on YouTube to be faced with him lying on the floor, I thought he'd collapsed but then realised he was using the shiatsu massager😵‍💫🤮. And making disturbing noises...

I bought a shiatsu massager years ago and it did more harm than good. The tension in my neck and shoulders was worse.

Just looked at live feed on YouTube to be faced with him lying on the floor, I thought he'd collapsed but then realised he was using the shiatsu massager😵‍💫🤮. And making disturbing noises...

I bought a shiatsu massager years ago and it did more harm than good. The tension in my neck and shoulders was worse.
I don't think Pedro uses it for any medical reasons if you get my drift. 😜😜

Now this WILL help if you suffer from the chronic ticketyboos...It MAY help. It WILL help with the lumpybumpypsychosis..It MAY help. This WILL help with limbs with no circulation. This MAY help, okay? This WILL help if you are dead and you need raising..This MAY help. Meg..Amy...Carlos...Jill...Adam...Sandy...Well done.. You are at the Crossroads of your lives...This WILL help with growing hair back...This MAY help.Not bad for a plastic cane, Okay...

Now this WILL help if you suffer from the chronic ticketyboos...It MAY help. It WILL help with the lumpybumpypsychosis..It MAY help. This WILL help with limbs with no circulation. This MAY help, okay? This WILL help if you are dead and you need raising..This MAY help. Meg..Amy...Carlos...Jill...Adam...Sandy...Well done.. You are at the Crossroads of your lives...This WILL help with growing hair back...This MAY help.Not bad for a plastic cane, Okay...
Duke, you missed out Shughie McFee, the chef🤣

Lovely use of capitals to make your point. I do appreciate the clarification. My mistake in misunderstanding the original post.
Really? Again?
Why must you continually post like this?
You seem, to me at least, to continually flip between obnoxious and sarcastic.
And we have tried to include you.
I truly believe this forum isn’t for you- would you not be happier finding one that is?
Each to their own, I suppose, but it just seems strange to hang around somewhere where absolutely no one agrees with anything you say.

Last edited:
Interesting read, thanks prof!

That author clearly has more regard for MT than the folks on r/watch where the Mathey-Tissot descriptions range from "Est 1886 but fell to the quartz crisis in the 70s, brand purchased by Chinese investors and now they do mostly entry level homages" and "The history they market today is someone else’s history" to more, ahem, blunt descriptions like "Dogshit brand", and "should be given a very wide berth; avoid".

After Blue Magic and Dormeo I learned my lesson. if something is sold on IW with too many oohs and aahs it's more likely to be iffy than not
I know what you mean, but in fairness there are lots of brands who went under in the quartz crisis and have been resurrected since.
Matthey -Tissot are a tiny, resurrected, brand for sure, and I would expect that in part they are relying on brand confusion to boost sales, but in their automatic watches, they use stock Selitta SW200-1 mechanisms, in the main, so they can be repaired, and serviced, just like most Oris, or Raymond Weil, or CW etc…
Some watch forums are a bit extreme - I think people sometimes post on them to vent, when they’ve bought a Friday-afternoon watch, or they just had wrong expectations of what they would get. A good example, and very similar in many respects, would be Dreyfuss & Co. Now they are part of Rotary who were bought out by the Chinese a few years back. I think now that they own Eterna as well, Dreyfuss is taking a back seat. Anyway, they used ETA 2824-2 calibres in the main, often with Dubois-Dupraz 2021 modules attached to provide Chrono, or other add-on complications (probably not the best practice, really - I’d expect an ETA 2892A2 if a module were being added- it’s just a stronger base calibre, but it’s far from terrible). When ETA stopped providing to independents, they started to use Selitta SW200-1 just like Christopher Ward, or Oris, or Raymond Weil, etc…
But Dreyfuss - like Matthey Tissot - get really bad reviews, and I never understood why. I can repair them easily, and cheaply, and the cases are well made, the crystals sapphire etc.
So I guess what I’m saying is that they aren’t Tissot, and some of their designs are, well, to me an acquired taste (the tiger watch, in particular, I find really ugly) but I don’t see them as quite so bad as the usual IW watches.

And if there’s a Matthey-Tissot automatic that you liked, and it was say £300-£500, I’d see it as a reasonable purchase.
But I’d rather have a Tissot Visodate - especially with the blue dial! I think Hammy also has a Visodate?

Attachments

• IMG_6146.jpeg
    IMG_6146.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Really? Again?
I truly believe this forum isn’t for you- would you not be happier finding one that is?
Each to their own, I suppose, but it just seems strange to hang around somewhere where absolutely no one agrees with anything you say.
And despite apologising he/she/they made a sarcastic comment about the use of capital letters.

Definition of a troll: a person who intentionally antagonises others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant or offensive comments or other disruptive content.

Really? Again?
Only the Mods will know for sure. I assume they can see if somebody signing in as two people on their main ISP connection will have identical IP numbers. Equally, a determined multi-user troll-type, can work around that. Their behaviour is odd but predictable. Usually reappearing every few weeks or so and logging-on for a bit of targeted confrontation. Then ‘disappearing’ again. You really should follow the troll rules and ignore them, as they crave reaction of any type. But this member is such a poor responder, it’s tempting to reinforce them making a fool of themselves. Nonetheless, this person is not an easy character (or series of them), to pigeon hole. Sometimes you feel their ludicrous errors are deliberate when picked up upon. Other times, their posts are quite reasonable and constructive. Quite an interesting case study in a person clearly at odds with themselves, trying the Good Cop/Bad Cop game in my view at least, with two sign-ons here.

Coincidentally, I ran a rival shopping telly forum for a short time back in the 2000s. Trolling on both sides was rife then as people (including me) felt more untraceable in the Internet world of those days. In the end, I walked away the dual aggro of that behaviour and gave the forum away (ironically to one of the people trying to destabilise me and it). I’ve certainly not regretted that move.

Latest posts

Back