Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't know about U Guys and Gals, but I do wish they would put up the stock numbers of the products being sold, and the amount of people buying them, like they do on TJC. I personally would feel more confident in buying, but at the moment it all seems so shady and suspicious, like they are trying to hide something!! Plus, no more mentions about the new studio, do they think we have forgotten?

Again!! Is this being done to try and intimidate, do U think? A warning that we are being monitored.......da da duh!! I don't like that it is always Hammy, that is a bit suss!!
I think it is their 'attempt' to intimidate (doesn't work with me). As somebody also namechecked (although I apparently live in Hull) I would say to the 12 year olds in the gallery you're a load of tw*ts, get on with the work you're paid to do (probably minimum wage) and display real texts. If you have any. If not I will send some in but I bet the presenters won't want to read them out.

Hey folks!!! FYI.........Emu oil is part of the Australian meat trade and the Aussie's do eat both Emu and Ostrich meat, as an alternative to steak. I was recommended the Emu Oil by my Rheumatologist as a natural anti-inflammatory instead of using NHS medicines that cause ulcers. It is being researched by the MRHA into its usage in the NHS, as well as Turmeric for Conditions like Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Ulcerative Colitis and the Fibromyalgia that I suffer from. I have been taking it for nearly four years, after having come off of Anti-inflammatory NSAID's and it works for me, no awful side effects like I had with the traditional medication, and no more risk of NSAID's causing ulcers in the stomach and bowel, that could become cancerous. Right..........Now taking my Medical/Nurse head off, aaaah........back to normality!!! Lol 🤣🤣🤣🤣 xxx

Tbf, “being researched” is the not the same as “it works for every claim people make”. Unless the results of that research are published as a paper and are *peer reviewed’, it counts for nothing.

Emu oil probably “works” physchologically: people take it, that makes them feel proactive, and they start moving more without realising and /that/ is where the benefit comes from, but people don’t “notice that” so they attribute it to the thing they took.

see the history of glucosamine.

Tbf, “being researched” is the not the same as “it works for every claim people make”. Unless the results of that research are published as a paper and are *peer reviewed’, it counts for nothing.

Emu oil probably “works” physchologically: people take it, that makes them feel proactive, and they start moving more without realising and /that/ is where the benefit comes from, but people don’t “notice that” so they attribute it to the thing they took.

see the history of glucosamine.
Ah, glucosamine. The poster child for 'a total lack of clinical evidence over a sustained period'.

Ah, glucosamine. The poster child for 'a total lack of clinical evidence over a sustained period'.

Just to clarify my original comment for anyone reading: I did mean glucosamine supplementation. I’m aware the body makes it and needs the stuff. The odd trial here and there shows small benefits, and plenty of people swear by it, but when test in controlled situations where other factors are ruled out and accounted for, and in specific situations with certain claimed conditions, it’s often shown to do less than placebo or on par with it.

av a buy.

Just turned over the guest is very enthusiastic not
Is that the fairly large bloke who looks like he is chewing a wasp? The one who looks like he’s lost a fiver and found a halfpenny? The sullen looking bloke who gives the impression he would rather be anywhere else than here.. The one who looks like he should be working behind the counter of a 1970s’ paint shop, telling you he’s run out of avocado gloss on the shelves and he won’t leave the till area to check around the back?

I did, good product! I bought a few stuff, some just ok, some shitty, and some really good stuff from them. us polo association t shirts were epic for the money, wish id bought a few more. The rug doctor carpet cleaner I bought is great too.
I bought the hoodies..Not the Rug Doctor hoodies, the U.S. Polo Association ones. Great buy…The Rug Doctor package was also fantastic value and I also bought that, too. The sh…they are peddling now in contrast to before. You despair.

I think it is their 'attempt' to intimidate (doesn't work with me). As somebody also namechecked (although I apparently live in Hull) I would say to the 12 year olds in the gallery you're a load of tw*ts, get on with the work you're paid to do (probably minimum wage) and display real texts. If you have any. If not I will send some in but I bet the presenters won't want to read them out.
I think there is quite a lot of venom at work. Clearly the forum is read by many linked to the channel, and if you assume Paz is at times Mason (or some IW ID for several people) it’s caused an undercurrent of bad feeling at the channel. Those bitter exchanges involving that ID yesterday were compulsive reading, but at the same time, not what most of us (I suspect) come here for, which I think is to have a laugh about the genre in general, and also to call out the many bad selling techniques on this doppelgänger version of what used to be a decent enough channel for quite a number of years. Most of us, I feel, are just sad to see what the name has gone from in the mid-2000s to the early 2010s to the circus it is now. The use of Hammy’s name (and others‘) as has been said before, has an unpleasant edge to it behind the ‘avin’ a laugh with us, front it purports to portray.

Last edited:
I think there is quite a lot of venom at work. Clearly the forum is read by many linked to the channel, and if you assume Paz is at times Mason (or some IW ID for several people) it’s caused an undercurrent of bad feeling at the channel. Those bitter exchanges involving that ID yesterday were compulsive reading, but at the same time, not what most of us (I suspect) come here for, which I think is to have a laugh about the genre in general, and also to call out the many bad selling techniques on this doppelgänger version of what used to be a decent enough channel for quite a number of years. Most of us, I feel, are just sad to see what the name has gone from in the mid-2000s to the early 2010s to the circus it is now. The use of Hammy’s name (and others‘) as has been said before, has an unpleasant edge to it behind the ‘avin’ a laugh with us, front it purports to portray.
Totally agree about the venom. If everything is so wonderful why would they care what we say? Clearly we're touching a raw nerve. Why would they monitor us so closely? I would have thought they had better things to worry about like sorting out decent products and the new studio. I challenge them (presenter, producer or member of the gallery) to come on as themselves and respond to our criticism without aggression.

Just to clarify my original comment for anyone reading: I did mean glucosamine supplementation. I’m aware the body makes it and needs the stuff. The odd trial here and there shows small benefits, and plenty of people swear by it, but when test in controlled situations where other factors are ruled out and accounted for, and in specific situations with certain claimed conditions, it’s often shown to do less than placebo or on par with it.

av a buy.
My consultant won't recommend anything alternative/supplement unless it has been totally proven to work which is rare. He will however say it won't do you any harm to take, for example, cod liver oil (I was told this). It has taken the medical profession decades to acknowledge acupuncture, and in some cases you can get it on the NHS (I imagine hard to actually get it though!).

Due to my lack of knowledge in beauty products, I am uncertain whether what Natalia says is true, a partial truth, or complete fabrication. There's no doubt that she's adept at talking a good game.
I was in a shopping centre yesterday and there was a pop up stall selling Opatra goods. I'd never heard of the brand before seeing it on IW. They were certainly desperate to grab people to test their products! I didn't because I was desperate for coffee🙂 (large shopping centres are tiring). No idea about the veracity of her claims as I tend to turn off when I see her.

After turning on, I have to admit that this is more like it. The gardening is back and it's great to be able to see it for 2 hours. Instead of going from item to item, they should have more structured shows like this.

After turning on, I have to admit that this is more like it. The gardening is back and it's great to be able to see it for 2 hours. Instead of going from item to item, they should have more structured shows like this.
Instead of moving from pure tat items to more pure tat, as they usually do, is what I ought to have said.

Latest posts

Back