Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’m losing the will to live here
does anyone have a clue just how many hours the pillow has been on the screen
it feels like all day
Yesterday early afternoon they were selling the pillows. I did a load of housework jobs, tackled a job I had been putting off, took me a good couple of hours. I had music on while I was doing this to encourage me to keep going, TV too distracting. When I turned the TV back on Peter was still selling them😳. Surely he can't have been talking about them all that time! I'd rather have done the housework than to attempt to flog these...

I am annoying the neighbours playing a 12 string guitar this morning. I honestly tried to avoid annoying them, but that dreadful Joanne woman was annoying me, so rather than putting my Takamine Martin Lawsuit model through the screen, I played Martha’s Harbour on a loop, going wrong at the same point each time and peppering the air with profanities.

The ‘buy all’ is something they do on TJC so I think that’s why it’s showing up on IW but onTJC it’s usually not sizes but colours or scents. Lindsey is a professional auctioneer and was on the Channel 4 TV programme ‘The Greatest Auction’ .

Yes, they do look scarily the aame
They do. One can dance and one can’t present anything but pillows. I’ll leave you to decide which is which.

I hope they do some nice Tamsy For Men action slacks.. I need four pairs in 38”,40“, 42” and 54” waist sizes. Ideally purchased via their wonderful Buy All Four Sizes Pay Exactly The Same offer.

We all know the amount of bang average day in day out jobs that are same every day, But imagine having to do that to an audience on TV, it must be so dull and mind numbing working on IW saying the same things about the same items day after day after day.

The money must be very....very decent or IW is the only place the current presenters can get a gig!

Ps buy one pillow for £49.99 or buy all 2 for £99.98 🤭 :ROFLMAO:;) (why why why??? haha)

We all know the amount of bang average day in day out jobs that are same every day, But imagine having to do that to an audience on TV, it must be so dull and mind numbing working on IW saying the same things about the same items day after day after day.

The money must be very....very decent or IW is the only place the current presenters can get a gig!

Ps buy one pillow for £49.99 or buy all 2 for £99.98 🤭 :ROFLMAO:;) (why why why??? haha)
I said before it would be interesting to know how their pay structure works from being on the dominant channels like QVC down to the smaller ones. I don't mean it in a horrible way or anything else, I'd simply be interested to know out of general curiosity what the likes of Debbie Flint gets for doing a daytime QVC slot, what Mike M gets for doing an IW daytime slot, and what Andrew gets for doing a 2am slot on TJC!

I've not really looked at this website and channel before, neither have I seen before an electric food mixer which is dishwasher safe!

View attachment 26790
Errrrr, presumably they're talking about the mixing bowl and accessories, y'know the forks, prongs, whisky things you got to lick as a kid, not the whole thing! But then you knew that... 😊

I think the key to it lies in any other work that they may do. With Mason for example - how many on-screen hours would he do in a week? 16 or 20? Or is it less? Most shopping television presenters seem to do similar or even less. Some on QVC only seem to do a handful of hours in a week. They certainly aren’t doing 40 hour on-air weeks. Or do they get paid for all the off-screen time that they are preparing and researching products ? Like Simon Peters obviously does!!

You wonder then if their income from shopping television work is just part of what media type work they do overall. Making their combined income a lucrative living, rather than shopping television work alone providing it.

Latest posts

Back