Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Awww Jazzy, it was only in fun, just ribbing you as you're so earnest about your C&C club membership. 😜 And it going up in price?!

What craft stuff *do* you buy/interests you?
It is and it isnt, they have 2 clubs but I only am I member of one, which has actually gone from £20 to £10 a year, the other gives you free postage also a £10 a month but that doesnt worry me

Mainly Cards really, using dies, or the type you glue together, being honest Create and Craft kept me going through lockdown, as I was shielding and I could it on, and shut covid out, many customers emailed them in, and said how grateful they were to have something to take there mind off stuff, and I agreed

It is and it isnt, they have 2 clubs but I only am I member of one, which has actually gone from £20 to £10 a year, the other gives you free postage also a £10 a month but that doesnt worry me

Mainly Cards really, using dies, or the type you glue together, being honest Create and Craft kept me going through lockdown, as I was shielding and I could it on, and shut covid out, many customers emailed them in, and said how grateful they were to have something to take there mind off stuff, and I agreed
Yeah, agree with that. Lockdown you needed a diversion.

My aunt used to do a lot of card crafting using paper adornment "swirls", curls, flowers and 3D effects and embossing, etc.

For a while every b'day card she sent was a work of art, with birds, flowers, kingfishers, calligraphy, etc. Very nice, but got a bit samey and think they got tired of doing it!!!

Where as most maybe tune into the news in the morning I go to Create and Craft
And I don't blame you. The news is depressing and although I still keep tabs, I definitely listen/watch it less than I used to and switch if something better to do.

Apparently one of the first things psychologist/counsellors tell depressed patients is to stop watching/listening to the news and the newspapers.

I refuse to watch ‘normal’ television with just a handful of exceptions. For numerous reasons. One in particular is it angers, upsets and depresses me. Er..that’s three of them! I also only watch films made between 1930 and 2000. I couldn’t even tell you the names of actors who’ve become famous since the churn of the tentury.

So yeah I will carry on buying from create and craft, but I’m not buying anything from Shop Extra with those 4 shysters, I may watch but Im not buying, as they are liars, and took the viewers as a joke
Yes they did take us for a ride. How the hell he expects old IW customers to trust a word they say ever again is beyond me Jazzy, I for one have taken the pledge! never again.

I refuse to watch ‘normal’ television with just a handful of exceptions. For numerous reasons. One in particular is it angers, upsets and depresses me. Er..that’s three of them! I also only watch films made between 1930 and 2000. I couldn’t even tell you the names of actors who’ve become famous since the churn of the tentury.
Hi Duke, I know what you mean. We have become huge you tube fans so much choice. On telly I'm trying to not watch any shopping channels as I'v had a bellyfull of them right now. I like nature programs, travel, & programs that help inform consumers when they get ripped off. Trouble is they are never on when you need them.

Naaah. I *love* TV. The good stuff, the fun stuff, the light and the serious. I call it my window on the world. Series', science, nature, docos, programmes, films, comedy, art, music, entertainment, events, news. Obviously have likes and dislikes, stuff that numbs the mind, stuff that expands it, but I find both live and recorded TV that I like interesting and stimulating. It generally cheers me up.

All life is there.

If you remember a US TV comedy series 'Dream On' in the 90s, where the main character Martin recalls TV excerpts from his youth and life, I think I am a bit like him!

Of course these days I also enjoy streamed and on demand internet TV like Pluto, Plex, Roku channel, YouTube, (Freevee, ahem Amzn ahem), iPlayer/ITVX/C4/5 (much more than just the main channel content) etc. And the odd shopping telly stream!

But there's nothing like sitting in front of the telly with a cuppa! 😄

Like isn't the right reaction to this apologies Duke been there with my Mum
I agree. I clicked ‘like’, but ‘like‘ isn’t what I mean.
Hopefully Duke knows that what I mean is my most sincere and heartfelt sympathies. Losing a partner is the pits and at such a young age and in a painful way is truly awful.
From my own experience, it does get better. It never stops hurting, but it will get easier to bear in time.
RIP.

Here we go 2-3-4..

Exciting News! 🎉

Get ready for an incredible lineup of TV shopping on our new channel, 'Shop Extra' The new home of family, friendship and fun! 💞

Shop Extra will be live from 6pm every evening and you can watch us on Freeview 85 by pressing the Red Button on a connected Smart TV, Sky 680 until 10pm when we switch to Sky 673, or Virgin 748 and Freesat 813 until midnight.

We will be dedicating special hours to the new channel and please note that the channel will not replace any of the demonstrations and shows on Create and Craft that you love. Our library of content will still be available online, on your TV, and on demand via our app. 🖥

There will also be familiar products and faces from Ideal World, such as Shaun Ryan, Dennice Robinson, Hayley Green and Shaun Crawley! 🎨

We appreciate that as craft enthusiasts, these shows may not be your cup of tea, but we hope you will join us in supporting those affected where possible. 🫶

If you want to discover unique items and amazing deals then register your interest here 👉 https://bit.ly/3rNdXIg

#ShopExtra #TVShoppingBonanza #LetsGetCreative #familyfriendsfun
Love that opening. ‘Here we go 2-3-4’.
Here’s a bit of pop history for you- I was in the studio when the first iteration of the Jilted John single was recorded (for Rabid Records). A mate of mine’s mate was playing bass…

Latest posts

Back