Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Do we have any Paul Becque fans lurking and close to the Milton Keynes area?

7 pm tonight nobody I would love to hear tell me how easy it is to get on the property ladder (no doubt through a series of expensive courses)
and a crowd full of plants saying how great the progressive "journey" is
Interesting sideline he offers. Or was the shopping television work the sideline? Looks far from a broken man in a state of utter devastation (unlike the building), and you wonder if his apparent fewer appearances on Ideal World in recent times was connected to the state of the place (the channel, not his garage). Success coach on failing shopping channel about to go bust isn't an easy mix. It's a pity they didn't use his improvement services skills instead of his presenting ones. His talks should go down a storm at Coffee Hall Local Centre.

FA53C86C-259A-48E8-8031-7DEEB7366977.jpeg

Yep I have mentioned it a few times

Shock horror they want sales and if you show interest in a product and it is still in stock if you are patient 8 times out of 10 you will get a code that can at least get you free postage sometimes more reduced

Again said it before but also worth using all coupon generators (plenty around on chrome extensions ) a lot of the time they will again at least save you some, sometimes a lot
Yeah, but strangely I've left items in the basket and only received email reminders, but no discount codes, yet a different email account is being sent "not seen you for a while" 20% discount codes.

Yeah, but strangely I've left items in the basket and only received email reminders, but no discount codes, yet a different email account is being sent "not seen you for a while" 20% discount codes.
Is it just me that all the advert slots interwoven on this shopping telly forum pages are crammed full only with watches and items from TJC that I've been researching?! 😆

Damn cookies! 😲

Interesting sideline he offers. Or was the shopping television work the sideline? Looks far from a broken man in a state of utter devastation (unlike the building), and you wonder if his apparent fewer appearances on Ideal World in recent times was connected to the state of the place (the channel, not his garage). Success coach on failing shopping channel about to go bust isn't an easy mix. It's a pity they didn't use his improvement services skills instead of his presenting ones. His talks should go down a storm at Coffee Hall Local Centre.
Actually, (I'm turning into SRyan), I did look up PB a long time ago, long before IW's recent troubles, and he's been running this "life coach" business for a long time, along with other voiceover/home studio "presenter" roles.

He also has a website creation business, but I don't know how much he makes from all this and whether IW was the main gig or a sideline to other things.

Presumably you take the work offered, as you don't know where the next job's coming from. Job security is an issue unless you're financially sound and the mortgage paid off, which I suspect they are after they've been working in the TV/shopping industry and other lines for 20+ years.

These ex-cruise ship/holiday camp/hosts/actor/performer-types, all seem to have portfolio careers, many with home studio/voiceover recording capabilities and acting/other interests.

You need a positive outlook and approach if you're always 'hustling' to get the next job/gig, I suspect. PB has turned it into a consultancy business on how to be positive and get your property/life business interests moving forward!

Think I read in his LinkedIn/CV somewhere that effectively he approaches his life as his business project... Not a bad PMA to have, I guess.

Beyond all the loud beeping noises and Carry On Shopping banter, there lies an interesting character, I suspect, with more depth to him than some of his colleagues (nobody say Jacks). He has clearly led an interesting and varied life. Also, if he did intentionally step back from the final desperate days of Ideal World, whilst others carried on flogging as normal until the plug was pulled (literally, in Head of Rubber’s and Blodwyn’s case), then some credit at least to him in a world where credit was exclusively something over four months. I suppose on the downside, working on shopping television, and some of the other less depth providing activities, for me lessens his credibility as a ‘life coach’ or whatever he exactly pitches himself as. He may well be very good at the work, but if I booked him to stop me prevaricating (I am on bail for it currently) - or was it procrastinatiing..or masticating?? Then all I could see at our sessions would be him making loud noises and selling cheap watches on Exemplar Planet.

Beyond all the loud beeping noises and Carry On Shopping banter, there lies an interesting character, I suspect, with more depth to him than some of his colleagues (nobody say Jacks). He has clearly led an interesting and varied life. Also, if he did intentionally step back from the final desperate days of Ideal World, whilst others carried on flogging as normal until the plug was pulled (literally, in Head of Rubber’s and Blodwyn’s case), then some credit at least to him in a world where credit was exclusively something over four months. I suppose on the downside, working on shopping television, and some of the other less depth providing activities, for me lessens his credibility as a ‘life coach’ or whatever he exactly pitches himself as. He may well be very good at the work, but if I booked him to stop me prevaricating (I am on bail for it currently) - or was it procrastinatiing..or masticating?? Then all I could see at our sessions would be him making loud noises and selling cheap watches on Exemplar Planet.
Personally, as the arch, prevaricating, procrastinating sloth that I am, I can already hear PB's wise words: make a plan, achieve something per day even if a small task, make task lists, tick off things done, think about your objectives short/mid/long-term, don't leave for tomorrow what you can do today, be energetic/fit, a fit mind and body achieves great things, variety is the spice of life, all work makes Jack/Jill a dull boy.
And...stop watching TV shopping channels and wasting time on discussion forums to have more time to achieve these things! 🥴

Errrr, I'm not implementing that advice. Too busy looking at watches and craft materials, heh, heh. 😜

Latest posts

Back