Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Upside Down Head Third Person..I’m going to give you some friendly advice, Mike..Yes, Michael..What advice, Mike? Michael, you need to listen to the neighbourly advice, Gents…You can listen and you can ignore. But please, act on it..Place this worth £1000 rattan garden set in your basket and check out…NAHHHH!! But Michael?? Yes, Mike…You can’t get a £699.99 rattan garden set worth £3000 in a basket, can you? ###****off, Michael…

Looking at the picture, I can’t make out where there garden is where they do the Furniture and BBQ, the area they show looks massive,
There's a drone video linked to earlier in this thread (don't worry it isn't Peter Volauvent) and here's the best view of the garden area I could extract from it:
idealworldgarden.png

Anybody could just enter that garden area,
There are security gates to prevent the unwashed (Ideal World's customers) from entering the site without permission (or at least without being noticed), which is clearer on Google Street View:

Also the garden area actually does look posher from ground level even if you can't see the patio itself. Awful company to work for according to one review and to be honest this isn't surprising to me (the worst-performing companies usually are, based on my personal experience).

What a place no wonder they look all depressed on the tv screen,my name is Den must haunt the building with her best friend Shaun snigger 🤭 can’t see the caravan maybe it’s been towed away,the sound of cackling and screeching after hours,must do the neighbours heads in.
Who would want to live next door to that bunch of idiots.

Well, the reality from those garden shots is starkly depressing. From the shows coverage of the area it reminds me very much like turning up to a house viewing based on what you saw shot with the creative licence of estate agents expansion tool wide angled lenses, and then realising the place is about a third of the size than you thought. Funnily enough, the presenters don’t use ‘And the place is up for sale, don’t you know’ ‘sales’ technique on air. Can‘t think why not..

Well, the reality from those garden shots is starkly depressing. From the shows coverage of the area it reminds me very much like turning up to a house viewing based on what you saw shot with the creative licence of estate agents expansion tool wide angled lenses, and then realising the place is about a third of the size than you thought. Funnily enough, the presenters don’t use ‘And the place is up for sale, don’t you know’ ‘sales’ technique on air. Can‘t think why not..
We now know why they don’t turn the camera

Does anyone know how to access the actual written reviews on products sold by IW? The rattan furniture set, for example…16 one star reviews, but no apparent way of clicking on that figure to see what people have written in detail, or to be able to expand any other grading either?

Does anyone know how to access the actual written reviews on products sold by IW? The rattan furniture set, for example…16 one star reviews, but no apparent way of clicking on that figure to see what people have written in detail, or to be able to expand any other grading either?

Okay search for rattan

Capture review a.JPG

Then click on the one you want, in this case the first one 7 Piece Rattan, then you have the add to basket page, scroll down to the customer reviews open and it lists the reviews,

Capture review b.JPG

if you click on the small box at the left of the reviews you want to see, in this case bad, it will then list only 1 star reviews.

Capture review.JPG

Most seem to be about delivery taking weeks and weeks.

Okay search for rattan

View attachment 25916

Then click on the one you want, in this case the first one 7 Piece Rattan, then you have the add to basket page, scroll down to the customer reviews open and it lists the reviews,

View attachment 25918

if you click on the small box at the left of the reviews you want to see, in this case bad, it will then list only 1 star reviews.

View attachment 25917

Most seem to be about delivery taking weeks and weeks.
Thanks for that, Hammy.

its a different version this year though it’s Linea so would last years reviews show up

For that item those are last years review, this year Linear set has a different set of review, a lot less at the moment.

Older reviews for product will show up if the product number and description hasn't change, the price can change but as long as the prod number hasn't changed you get the older reviews. Sometimes they will have the same product/description etc but change the product number as well as the price when they're doing a special deal, when they do that, although it's the same product, then older reviews don't show up.

Kappa launch now

Some of these mens offerings look pretty good

Sadly i do not look like model "Steve"

I assumed Kappa was now a sports direct brand but it appears not though they do sell it.

The Rocca trainer is at least £10 cheaper at Ideal than anywhere else I can find most places £15.

Now it is a sports direct favourite Slazenger for buttons

"Think ahead for Christmas"

says our Ayley

Ashley sells these mens cuffed joggers £13 or 2 for £20

Ideal 2 for £15

When you are cheaper than Sports Direct you are not making money

People have said that you always get the best bargains from a company that's about to go bust as they desperately try to get people to shop with them regardless of the money. (Also IW are/were selling an air fryer £30 cheaper than John Lewis and there's no way they could have made money on that deal either.) Once they go bust their 'closing down sale' also has to recoup as much money as possible for the administrator so the prices won't be nearly as cheap.

Always wise to use a method of payment with some form of protection (does Paypal offer protection for guest transactions?) when shopping with any company that's possibly on the brink of bankruptcy.

RIP Ideal World

Latest posts

Back