Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just texted to the tjc channel about gamages, sorry, I know this is iw, asking how the tachymeter worked? Daddy fields said just Google it 😁

Maybe tachymeters are baby fields specialty.;)

You should have asked if the the Gamage's store also managed survived the Zeppelin attack on London during WWII like the Swan & Edgar store did. :whistle:

That strange tubby fellow who sells the drones is now selling magical towels. Strange transition product wise. Apparently, these towels prevent you heating up if you wrap one around your neck, drone flogger tells us. Cuts back to old Upside Down Head One, full into his excessive heat scaremongering, do you know what being burned alive feels like, phantasmagorical extravaganza of third person conversation. Marvellous, my friends…

Never seen in the same room…

2EFB5EAD-D92A-4066-8A0A-3B4F071BAFD5.jpegD5E725BC-BDBF-437B-BEB3-66220792C702.jpeg

Corden and Craig

I was wondering what those numbers were on some of his fingers? Presumably, some reference to a fondly remembered item from his shopping TV past?

Each to their own nowadays, but I grew up in an era when the only people generally with tattoos were soldiers, sailors and trapeze artists. I loathe the look of them in general. Certainly in the police, you had to keep any well covered up, and on a hot day had to have your shirt sleeves buttoned down to ensure the public didn’t see them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruntilda and Irish Top Gear (a Triumph Toledo on a SORN) combining scaremongering duties this morning. Selling an air showering fan. Am I being obtuse here, but don’t most people being burnt to an Ideal World example crisp, locked in a broom cupboard, want to be showered in cold air, not recirculating hot? Does this particular fan chill the air, then, while it’s showering it around? I suspect not but I might be wrong. I would turn the sound up to see if they would let me know on this particular point; but I always find that woman is far more watchable with no noise coming out of her mouth.

I was wondering what those numbers were on some of his fingers? Presumably, some reference to a fondly remembered item from his shopping TV past?

Each to their own nowadays, but I grew up in an era when the only people generally with tattoos were soldiers, sailors and trapeze artists. I loathe the look of them in general. Certainly in the police, you had to keep any well covered up, and on a hot day had to have your shirt sleeves buttoned down to ensure the public didn’t see them!
The numbers might be for a timepiece he's after that keeps (not) selling out?

Gruntilda and Irish Top Gear (a Triumph Toledo on a SORN) combining scaremongering duties this morning. Selling an air showering fan. Am I being obtuse here, but don’t most people being burnt to an Ideal World example crisp, locked in a broom cupboard, want to be showered in cold air, not recirculating hot? Does this particular fan chill the air, then, while it’s showering it around? I suspect not but I might be wrong. I would turn the sound up to see if they would let me know on this particular point; but I always find that woman is far more watchable with no noise coming out of her mouth.

They get themselves into some right pickles with all the different stories they tell, it gets really hard to keep up with them sometimes.

When they're selling a normal fan, then moving air is cool air and normal fan are the bees knees.

When they're selling the Boneco, then normal fans are crap as all they do is push hot air around, and Mason's fav observation normal fans are badly designed as the motor is behind the fan so heats the air up even more as it's passing through the fan.

Now according to the presenters the Boneco is great cause it takes the cool air from low down in the room blasts it up to the roof and it falls back in a cooling shower, which sounds great but a few questioned for Mike i would ask is:-

a)When not in the vertical alignment (blasting air to the roof) isn't the Boneco doing exactly as other fans do ie just pushing hot air around and at an even faster rate?

b)As the motor in the Boneco is situated in the exact same position as a normal fan is that a bad design in the Boneco?

c)If the hot air rises and the hottest part of the room is near the roof, doesn't the cold air being pushed up not get heated by mixing with the hotter air near the roof?

And of course, when they are selling air-conditioning units all fans are crap!!! At least now they grudgingly reveal that you need a window kit to make these things work properly. Demonstrated and sold air-conditioning units for quite a time, making absolutely no mention of the fact or showing it.

It could be the warm weather thats addled my brain but i think Mason has been quite funny and entertaining of late, far less annoying when he is ‘himself’ and and not trying to be a pretend London Mayfair sales assistant doing his naff watch gigs!

And of course, when they are selling air-conditioning units all fans are crap!!! At least now they grudgingly reveal that you need a window kit to make these things work properly. Demonstrated and sold air-conditioning units for quite a time, making absolutely no mention of the fact or showing it.
Im guessing the window kit could be a drag, they dont show it fitted, which usually means it is!

I wonder what expert on everything Van der Valk gets paid by IW per show for the use of his extensive knowledge on er..everything? £30 a show plus an air frying pamphlet? £50? It can’t be that much, can it? From the bits and pieces, I’ve seen of his acting work, he looks like he’s been in one or two good shows over the years. Demonstrating rattan can’t be his ideal choice of work, surely?

It's funny how Peter keeps name dropping and going on about how VE, Traser and Mathey-Tissot have agreed to keep the same prices from last week show, cause they had problems during that show, as though IW have contact and are negotiating prices with these brands.

They ain't, IW are only dealing with Kev and Watchbase, not the brands.

Latest posts

Back