Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Queen of Clean spouting the usual ignorant crap, ceramic sole plate on the iron heats up quicker cause ceramic is a good conductor of heat. :ROFLMAO: Almost as bad as the line that ALL the resident chefs at IW have trotted out, "Aluminium is the third best metal for conducting heat after Gold and Copper", yeah Silver doesn't exist at Ideal World. ;)

She also decided to treat us with some facts on Beldray's past inventions, as an example of how Beldray is improving through time, shame she failed to mention that was a different Beldray and those inventions had nothing to do with the present day incarnation.

Kev gushing over the YM86 movement in the Lunokhod 2, Mike thinks the watch should be "a thousand quid, with this movement twelve, thirteen hundred everday".

So for Mike another two to three hundred just for the movement.

I have that movement in a Seiko watch (SPC129P1), although the movement is designated as the 7T86 as it's from Seiko in Japan, whereas the YM86 is a cheaper version of the same movement, made for 3rd party brands, from Seiko Epson in Hong Kong.

The watch only cost £159 (new not second hand), but seeing Mike says the movement alone should add a value of 2 to 3 hundred then i wonder if i could make a profit by selling it on ebay, maybe even quote Mike of the Masons in the listing. :ROFLMAO:

Oh and Kev the Ronda movement in the Mathey-Tissot watch has 13 jewels not 14. And just for your information, seeing as you've never heard of a quartz movement using so many jewels, a lot of Swiss brands (and non Swiss but using Swiss movement) use the Ronda 5030 & 5040 series movements which all feature 13 jewels, heck if you go through to the IW warehouse right now they have a Roamer Rockshell they were flogging last night, which has a 13 jewel Ronda chrono movement in it. 45 years in the watch business? Pull the other one. ;) :ROFLMAO:

Are they using some sort of softening glamour filter for the Piranha feature. It might make the image a bit sweeter and professional looking, but not the hard sell. It’s almost like one of those sickly long TV ads in style.

Are they using some sort of softening glamour filter for the Piranha feature. It might make the image a bit sweeter and professional looking, but not the hard sell. It’s almost like one of those sickly long TV ads in style.

Noticed they have recently went back to showing a repeat show between 7-8am after being live for a while but saw this today which was... different. Covered a few other products as well during the hour including the Powerglide

See IW are doing their bit for the planet, now recycling those used mops that Simon Iles is always buying & ruining during his floor cleaning demos.

Laura and Hayley were both sporting previously ruined but now loving restored mop heads this morning.

mop3.JPG
mop 1.JPG

Chef Car on His Head asks Rubberhead if he prefers it with butter or oil? By the schoolboy sniggering accompanying a so-called innocent culinary remark, you know it's yet more of Carry On Calzone. "It depends what I'm doing," says Head of Rubber. The very thought of him panting, wobbling and grinning away, going hammer and tongs towards the peak really doesn't bear thinking about. Pass the sick bucket...

Simon Peters and There..There.. There..There..There.. and cheap watches to follow.. The Beaumont (he meant Beaufort) is Peters's first ludicrous misuse of words this evening...

Chef Car on His Head asks Rubberhead if he prefers it with butter or oil? By the schoolboy sniggering accompanying a so-called innocent culinary remark, you know it's yet more of Carry On Calzone. "It depends what I'm doing," says Head of Rubber. Pass the sick bucket...

Simon Peters and cheap watches to follow..
uncomfortable viewing. RH will be off now to slip into his LBD, wig and high heels for his Friday night cabaret act !!:ROFLMAO:

They have ALL this history says There x 10. What 'history' exactly do the Tommy Es have?? It's a £430 watch says Simon O'Peters..Really??? £4.30 - do you mean?? You've used a lot of expolotives, says UH2 to O'Simons.. Superlatives, you mean - RIGHT!!! says O'Simons McPeters...God help us..

This is a complimentary Watch Roll says O’Simons. He should know. He has two of them - Two Crusty Ones. Or is that just the way he swings his hips?? It’s worth £90, he incredulouslyluzizes.. Real leatherette, he orgasmatrates.... I can’t watch any more of it.. I need to go and buy 100 leatherette watch rolls for a fiver… I’ve seen more valuable ham rolls…Are these free £90 leatherette watch rolls made in Zurich? Swiss rolls?? Insure Them..Insure Them…

IP black says O’Peters.. With that condition he needs to be assessed in ED for kidney stones and not fantasising in a television studio. On to marine coronnomterers, says O’Porkpiemans.. Here comes a £6000 watch winder.. How many have we got, Jess? Er..20000..I mean er..two…

Ain't IW's guests great, they just love educating us while they're working. :)
Alan Ennis once again letting us know why the Carnauba Tree produces carnauba wax, over millions of years it's evolved and produced Carnauba wax to protect it's leaves from acidic bird poo dropping from those nasty birds that inhabit the Amazon rainforest where the Carnauba Tree grows. Thanks Alan, we are really lucky to have such a knowledgeable person as yourself who is willing to share these fascinating facts with us. 👏

Of course back in the real world the Carnauba tree doesn't grow in the Amazon rainforest nor does it produce the Carnauba wax to protect itself from acidic bird poo, but hey when did IW let the truth get in the way of a good story. ;) :ROFLMAO:

Irish Top Gear’s main fantasy vehicle test pilot - a 1989 Nissan Sunny Turbo with advisories and no service history.

Last night Simon Peters was gushing over a distinctly average-looking TW Steel watch as if it was the greatest object created in the history of the universe. And here lies (quite literally) the problem; anyone watching the channel for more than a few microseconds will realise that such hyperbole cheapens the channel and devalues any attempts to sell anything that's actually half-decent.

And now we have Tim, replying to the guest saying £129 is a ridiculous price, he's saying even the RRP of £309 is a ridiculous price.

Well Tim considering £129 is way over (probably about 4 times) what the watch is actually worth then your opinion only reinforces the fact that you know absolutely sod all about watches and really, really shouldn't be giving your uneducated opinion as to quality or true value of a watch. :rolleyes:

Last night Simon Peters was gushing over a distinctly average-looking TW Steel watch as if it was the greatest object created in the history of the universe. And here lies (quite literally) the problem; anyone watching the channel for more than a few microseconds will realise that such hyperbole cheapens the channel and devalues any attempts to sell anything that's actually half-decent.

Problem is there are a lot of folks out there, lacking in the common sense dept, who sadly fall for all the rubbish they spout.

With the behaviour of the presenters, personally i can't understand why any watch brand would want to be associated with IW and the negativity that creates in the mainstream watch collecting community towards brands that appear on selly telly, but hey what do i know. :confused:

Chef Lurch is spouting his usual air fryer bull crap now -'game changer guys' 'like having your own personal chef' 'best way I can describe it is like your hair dryer times 10'. It's a fair old leap the fact it has a timer feature somehow making it the equiv of your own personal chef. Does it Julien the veg and add a jus at the end!!

That tower one looks about the size of a washing machine no wonder its going cheap.

Latest posts

Back