Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Here's Peter selling Earnshaw on Bid.
They sold other crap watches as well , often the very cheapest Chinese of the day , usually with made up Italian of French sounding names.

Peter was more entertaining on Bid - he was always totally unprepared , plus there was virtually no compliance , so he could lie even more excessively.
You're right the same goes for Mike of the Dubonic dubinousness...del boy ...just imagine him off loading his 3 wheeler van before each watch presentation with grammar and english to suit

Here's Peter selling Earnshaw on Bid.
They sold other crap watches as well , often the very cheapest Chinese of the day , usually with made up Italian of French sounding names.

Peter was more entertaining on Bid - he was always totally unprepared , plus there was virtually no compliance , so he could lie even more excessively.
Ps you gave us a great laugh and insite and I've NEVER seen this, nor often watched and bought loads from bid TV.

Peter starting off in full shyster mode - Nubeo is an American Company that started in 2004 and Cadola from Switzerland.

Nubeo on IW isn't American (The original Nubeo started in 2004 in Switzerland but went bust, now the regurgitated name is Chinese owned and made)
Cadola on IW isn't Swiss (Original Cadola closed down long time ago, now the regurgitated name is Chinese owned and made)

And you've guessed it, no mention from Peter of where both brands are owned and made today, ie CHINA.

emailed them to be honest with their viewers.
Well done for mentioning

Yep. Unless they're selling products at a significant loss, we can be relatively confident they're selling stuff at a profit, even if just a small profit. So if they're flogging a watch for £89.99, you can confidently assert none of the components within that watch are tier 1 because the true retail value is £89.99. Business for dummies would tell you that.

I literally caught 3 mins of that show and they did they usual 'wait, is that price right?' Of course they carried on selling the watch at that (potentially wrong) price. How kind they are.

Then you get THE REALITY when a price is genuinely wrong. A week or so back Mike M started his usual bullsh1t selling a watch. Within seconds (someone obviously talking in his ear) he paused and said (in a normal non-selly tone) along the lines of 'sorry guys, we think there's a mistake with the price ... so we're just going to remove those details from the screen and get that sorted for you.'

Sure enough, details removed then replaced with new details showing the correct (higher) price. Kevin then blurts out some bullsh1t saying something like 'emmm yes, that previous price was a promotional price we did a while back.'

My point is, when the price is GENUINELY WRONG, it gets dealt with pronto.

So what does that tell you when they do the 'is that price right?' routine ;) ;) ;)
Totally agree on the bull, still the same on ideal world TV to date. The script hasn't changed. Dear folks ...beware see my spluge and rant on the service on how bad ideal TV is. They should be investigated by watch dog and office of trading, holding money for more than the allowed time periods

Ooh, another watch week 🤔 so more of the stuff they can't sell 😁 During the demo of the blue, rose gold Vostok Lunokhod, PS moved the quick adjustment clasp on the bracelet and I noticed scratches on the blue pvd. Lo and behold, an email was read asking about the durability of the pvd. Of course, Kev said it could be marked with a diamond ring or such, but don't go near it 😁 . Complete and utter charlatan 😞

I've also noticed how out of touch and behind Kevin is bringing the "latest" designs from mathey Tissot such as the colours he said were before any other maker, which in fact were 2 years behind 😁 , So expect to see in the next couple of years an integrated bracelet, such as everyone one else is releasing 😎

Ooh, another watch week 🤔 so more of the stuff they can't sell 😁 During the demo of the blue, rose gold Vostok Lunokhod, PS moved the quick adjustment clasp on the bracelet and I noticed scratches on the blue pvd. Lo and behold, an email was read asking about the durability of the pvd. Of course, Kev said it could be marked with a diamond ring or such, but don't go near it 😁 . Complete and utter charlatan 😞
Oh god they came up with the worst all-cock and all-bull story about the Lunokhod 2 earlier tonight, namely that 'Igor from Vostok' was aware that Aviator were launching their Bristol Scout tonight so had specially sanctioned the 'low price' :ROFLMAO: That's surely one for the ASA? ✅

Also for their Watch Week they're giving away a bundle worth 'over £4000' but the 'best' watch I can spot in the promotion is a Nubeo (!); you would have thought they would have given away something decent like an Aviator/Traser or Vostok (perhaps one of their unloved Lunokhod 2's?) as a headline prize. So that's actually over £40 of prizes by my reckoning :D

Plus 'Seksy' just has to be THE worst brand name for a watch EVER regardless of origin; Seksy isn't a brand name it's something that Roger Moore might have said when slightly tipsy...

I've also noticed how out of touch and behind Kevin is bringing the "latest" designs from mathey Tissot such as the colours he said were before any other maker, which in fact were 2 years behind 😁 , So expect to see in the next couple of years an integrated bracelet, such as everyone one else is releasing 😎

I have to turn off now with Reynolds and his "listen to this" and then goes on to give detailed specs as though they're the greatest thing since sliced bread, when in reality they're just basic or everyday specs used by many microbrands. The way he went on about the Sellita movement in the Aviator watch as though Sellita had design something really special when in reality it's near enough a clone of an ETA movement.

And how many times is he and Peter going to get Seiko's name wrong? :rolleyes:

Oh god they came up with the worst all-cock and all-bull story about the Lunokhod 2 earlier tonight, namely that 'Igor from Vostok' was aware that Aviator were launching their Bristol Scout tonight so had specially sanctioned the 'low price' :ROFLMAO: That's surely one for the ASA? ✅

Also for their Watch Week they're giving away a bundle worth 'over £4000' but the 'best' watch I can spot in the promotion is a Nubeo (!); you would have thought they would have given away something decent like an Aviator/Traser or Vostok (perhaps one of their unloved Lunokhod 2's?) as a headline prize. So that's actually over £40 of prizes by my reckoning :D

Plus 'Seksy' just has to be THE worst brand name for a watch EVER regardless of origin; Seksy isn't a brand name it's something that Roger Moore might have said when slightly tipsy...

They've been trying to get rid of that blue Lunokhod 2 on every show Reynolds has done for a few months now. Laugh is, if you go to his son's web site he's doing 15% off Vostok Europe for the weekend, so you can get that watch about £20 cheaper from him than IW. ;)

Haven't seen what is in the bundle but i often wonder if the the value of the bundle is based on the RRPs/book price of the items or the price they actual sell the items at on shows. Ain't going to get a lot for £4000 if it's the RRPs they are using. ;)

This Matt chap is very likeable just hope they don't train that out of him :)

Its Becks who must get very confused whether she is on Gems, Ideal or TJC not surprisingly she doesn't get involved in the channel name
be a disaster waiting to happen
Who is Becks please?

Kev says look at the internet, you won't find the Traser P59 Aurora as cheap as IW, £299.99.

Ok Kev you know i like a challenge. :)

Well took a minute and voila, £325 less 15% (Bank Holiday discount) - £276.25

Kev really should keep his gob shut, everytime he opens his mouth he's just making a fool of himself.

BBQ time and Hayley keeps going on about a heat waves.

If there's a heat wave why are they dressed like it's winter? :ROFLMAO:

heat wave.JPG

Jim Corden this morning with the self-proclaimed expert on everything telling us some cheap and nasty storage container for cheap and nasty suitcases is the 'Best Idea' he has ever seen in entire lifetime. Yes, James. Have another six doughnuts.

£4.99 postage for one pamphlet. £5.99 for the actual pamphlet itself. £11 in total more or less. What a rip off.

£4.99 postage for one pamphlet. £5.99 for the actual pamphlet itself. £11 in total more or less. What a rip off.
Is that those Paul Brodel Books, now and again you see them on Amazon for pence

Slightly unrelated Duke of Cheese, but we used the Ninja Woodfire BBQ yesterday, and you were right it’s not easy finding how to turn the thing on.

No. It certainly is not. Was at first going to return the thing as defective until we eventually finger stumbled over it.

well that was interesting, the Emma mattress that are returned aren’t sold they are all destroyed , they cant re sell them

Emma have sold over 5000 returned mattresses on Ebay !

well that was interesting, the Emma mattress that are returned aren’t sold they are all destroyed , they cant re sell them

Emma have sold over 5000 returned mattresses on Ebay !

Good find, yet another IW claim bites the dust. (y)

You have to wonder if there anything that IW says that is actually true? ;)

Latest posts

Back