Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lmao :ROFLMAO:

The Muppet guest said that the Seiko Hybrid VK63 movement (£20 retail) is inside many watches costing many thousands at the watch show in Geneva. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Okay they come out with some rubbish and i used to think Baby Fields came out with some beauties, but that **** takes the biscuit, they must think the viewers have an IQ of 1.

There is only one brand at the Geneva show with Seiko movements in their watches and that's Grand Seiko and you can bet your house on it, that the VK63 will be nowhere near a Grand Seiko watch. ;) :ROFLMAO:
See what you mean 🤣 just watching tonight and his rubbish about the VK 63. I've got £60 pagani design watches with it in, hardly a big Geneva brand 😂

See what you mean 🤣 just watching tonight and his rubbish about the VK 63. I've got £60 pagani design watches with it in, hardly a big Geneva brand 😂

It was the way he kept saying prestigious Swiss brands use this movement, and it's a trade secret that quite a few Swiss brands use Seiko movements i found hilarious, the guy has either mince for brains or he is a devious shyster, actually he's probably both judging by his performances.:ROFLMAO:

Oh and one thing that is really annoying me now is the amount of times different dumb watch "experts" (a few of them use the term) and presenters are constantly saying Seiko Industries when referring to the movement manufacturer. Seiko Industries are a sewing machine manufacturer in India and despite using the name Seiko have absolutely no connection with the Japanese Seiko Group.

James Corden on air now..air frying… He is a huge fan (all 25 stones of him) of air frying, he gushes. It’s a good job, because essentially, that’s all he has to sell. Interesting box they have provided for him to show the contents to camera today. It looks like it’s an ex-Amazon return that was previously chucked over the garden fence of the returning recipient. It’s got more dents in it than George Michael’s BSM Metro.. You think at least
they could bring him to camera with a decent one to present the fryer with? Standing by for Child Chef Air Fryer (Tuck) Joe to present a Jelly Tots Pizza with Walnut Whip dressing. That’s useful, because I could do with some projectile vomiting this morning…

On a good day. There’s confident but pleasant, and then there’s cocky and generally full of yourself. He takes the latter route for me on what I have seen of him. I would be loathe to buy anything he was involved in selling on there.

Probably fed up with having to feign enthusiasm for selling the same old stuff time and time and time again. You wonder whether people like Mason and Peters get the pick of the better shows? That’s if you accept the premise there are any ‘better’ shows.

Short straw Clearance Show now. Probably an oxymoron, as I doubt from the undesirable, unsaleable goods on show, they actually clear anything. You have to take your stuck in their warehouse since 1936 felt bowler hat off to the presenters on punishment duty hosting these extravaganzas of awfulness for finding the words to even try and shift the most unappealing of goods, as the girl aged about 12 with the turbo motormouth that says very little worth hearing is trying to do this morning. Cue the ghostly grey gazebo.. AGAIN….Perfect for the worst rainy afternoons - celebrating the dead…The mourning gazebo is ‘very busy’ ‘allegdeadly’ Yeah right it is..

It was Jess bless her, she was good when she started, But soon turned into Typical IW Presenter, went off to have her baby, and has come back how she left off

I see IW have Peter Simon presenting Airfix Models and Hornby Trains later, no doubt he will be telling us how he used to build Airfix models back in the day, and how he used to go Choo Choo Choo as his train was going around the tracks

At 9am you have Zzuzh with Sally and Carys, what is the point of having Cary’s as guest, Sally would have known about Zzuzh longer than Carys. So she should know more, Having a presenter with Joe I’m beginning not to see the point of, he presents on Craft perfectly well.

No doubt it’ll be Carry On Up the Under Carriage, and he’ll make reference to having been through several regiments of Airfix Paratroops in his youth, Puffin’Billy, in steamy carriages, and inserting long Piccawilly Line tubes into windy tunnels…
I would have thought hanging around dark underpasses in a dirty mac would be more Gibbering Pete's thing.

ETA: I apologise for using the phrase "Gibbering Pete's thing" 🫢

On a good day. There’s confident but pleasant, and then there’s cocky and generally full of yourself. He takes the latter route for me on what I have seen of him. I would be loathe to buy anything he was involved in selling on there.
Agreed. If I wanted to buy from shopping telly and presenter was arrogant, or had a pushy sales assistant in store then I wouldn't buy it if my life depended on it.

My friend and her husband went to Curry's years ago to buy a computer. They researched thoroughly and chose the one that suited their needs at the best price. In Curry's the assistant practically refused to sell it to them, trying desperately to steer them to other models, and was really pushy. I can't remember if they managed to buy it or went elsewhere. I would have told him to Foxtrot Oscar before suggesting where he could shove his computers...

Latest posts

Back