Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Agreed. If I wanted to buy from shopping telly and presenter was arrogant, or had a pushy sales assistant in store then I wouldn't buy it if my life depended on it.

My friend and her husband went to Curry's years ago to buy a computer. They researched thoroughly and chose the one that suited their needs at the best price. In Curry's the assistant practically refused to sell it to them, trying desperately to steer them to other models, and was really pushy. I can't remember if they managed to buy it or went elsewhere. I would have told him to Foxtrot Oscar before suggesting where he could shove his computers...
In there heads it’s all about Comission, I remember going back possibly 25 years back, went to PC World to get a Desktop PC, they wanted to sell me a Anti Virus programme worth over £100, while they had some on £25

When I did a business course for a business me and my friend were going to start, first thing they said, do not ask if the customer needs help, as it puts pressure on them and 9/10 times, they'll just walk away.
I've noticed these days that assistants will often greet you as you enter, and some will just say "if you need any help let me know". That suits me because I've been acknowledged, nobody is pressuring me and they're there if I need help. Seasalt are particularly good for that.

Good Evening (Hacks her guts up)..My Name is (rocket launches a mouth full of phelgm at Van der Valk) Den...(splitters uncontrollably) aged (hacks up again) 89...Take a night off and suck on a Zube, Den. It would be much less annoying for everybody having to face you. I guess it means losing £30, but anyway.
I've just switched channels (was watching Judge Judy😂). Deniece really sounds hoarse, will her voice last the whole show?

Simon Peters having a Sheridan Tank currently to drum up the Airfix interest. To follow: two old Fokkers - Robinson and Ryan… Now he is struggling with the word INFANTRY...’Infanry’ he says, missing out the key T. Similar to him missing out the key full price on the Floor Fexis..

The RMS Titanic, Simon O’Peters announces. A ‘must have’ he says. Certainly a must have for those lucky passengers and crew that missed the voyage for various reasons. With no beginning to his knowledge, I assume he doesn’t know it sank?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last Call For Boarding for The Titanic, he booms. 1914 it sailed, he proudly announces. No wonder he missed it. Does he actually realise the massive loss of life and scale of human tragedy that ensued from that last call for boarding? Shouting and spouting rubbish like a foghorn on helium. I have to say that at times like this, his buffoon like and generally ignorant patter makes me physically sick.

Last Call For Boarding for The Titanic, he booms. 1914 it sailed, he proudly announces. No wonder he missed it. Does he actually realise the massive loss of life and scale of human tragedy that ensued from that last call for boarding? Shouting and spouting rubbish like a foghorn on helium. I have to say that at times like this, his buffoon like and generally ignorant patter makes me physically sick.
He's an absolute disgrace. I did a project on the Titanic when I was at school and I've never forgotten that the tragedy occurred in 1912. Just because it happened a long time ago doesn't lessen the effect it had on people.

The same for me. My Dad bought me the reproduction 1912 Daily Mirror detailing the tragedy from the newsagents in Camden Town Tube Station’s circulating area when I was about 14. I have also read a number of books on the subject, and as you would agree I would imagine, when you do read about the horrors of it, it doesn’t even seem morally right to be selling something on a shopping channel that represents one of the biggest maritime tragedies of all time. But it is not so much the fact that they are selling a model of the ship, it’s more about somebody who was a complete and utter clown, and clearly had done no research that he wished to share at least with us about the Titanic Disaster. He even got the year wrong for God’s sake. I assume he was then corrected through his earpiece. I think if somebody like Paul Lavers had been doing that show tonight, he would’ve treated the matter with some decorum, and would have displayed that he had some knowledge of the enormity and sadness of the Disaster. He might have mentioned the loss of life numbers (over 1500), which remains a truly shocking statistic. I cannot bear to think of the fear those people went through in the sea and still on the ship as she was sinking.

Does Chef Car On Top Of His Head have to cover everything he makes in Heinz Tomato Ketchup (other brands are available)? He also continually tells us the great versatility of the air fryer. Yet what I always see him doing amounts to chips, chips..chips..chips…roasts..pizzas..pizza..fried breakfasts. Useful I agree. But these continual culinary examples in no way give any visual indication of the great variety of dishes and styles of food he implies are available done in an air fryer. Lazy cooking is one way of describing it.

The Harper Boot is ideal for and I quote

Paddling, long walks with your dog, the sea, the beach, hiking, and around the house

Please stop this obsession with pretending every item is ideal for everything, sell the benefits and even tell the viewer what it can't really do.

Latest posts

Back