Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TBH I wont buy anything from Ideal as they won't let me use PayPal for some strange reason :confused: as I was interested in the Demon shine for £15 but without the protection of PayPal.
I am put off using any other payment as they tend to sell your details off to some worthless reward scheme.
Paypal dont you have to spend at least £30 on IW

They have stopped me using it PayPal too now. Possibly, I thought, because I had a PayPal claim successfully held against them very recently and my monies were refunded, for goods that were delayed being sent out, and also that were not described correctly at the time of on-air presentation. Ideal World refused to cancel the order, because of the latter, saying it was too late and I’d have to wait and return it - even though it was still showing as not dispatched yet. I wonder if a number of other customers have had successful PayPal claims against them and they are reluctant to offer it now?

TBH I wont buy anything from Ideal as they won't let me use PayPal for some strange reason :confused: as I was interested in the Demon shine for £15 but without the protection of PayPal.
I am put off using any other payment as they tend to sell your details off to some worthless reward scheme.

I don't and won't buy from IW, doesn't matter how good the product or price is. As they openly con potential customers with lies and misinformation then personally i don't believe that shysters using underhand tactics should be rewarded by buying their products. It only encourages them to continue with their deceitful behaviour.

It’s Burke and Hare doing the watch show. Hard to say which one is actually Burke the Bigger? Upside Down Head 2 and “You Must Insure That Chicking Pie” Peters who is still doing his misleading total price routine - least, it misleads me. “£62.50 on four flexies,“ he says. Now to me, if I didn’t know any better, that sounds like the total cost is £62.50 but spread over four instalments. Clearly, he gets away with it on a regular basis so he will keep doing it.

Nice technique from Peters. Twice he’s done it now on some tinpot timepiece…”Is the RRP £390 on this??“ to the Gallery. “£560??“ he then says. Of course, this creates an impression that the customer is getting an even better potential deal by initially quoting a lower price RRP and then correcting himself on two occasions making it apparently £200 or so more. Obviously, he could well be genuinely undervaluing the stock that he’s selling and being absolutely correct when he says he thinks it’s a lower RRP. But that doesn’t say much for the calibre and quality of watches he is showing to the public if he believes they are hundreds of pounds cheaper than the actual list price, now does it?

Looks like they're all there for Sunday night, Kevskis is back for a couple of shows and seems near enough same line up.

This endless "last chance", "last few in the world" or "last of the stock in the world" tactic has been used so much for the same watches that it's laughable now, it should be consigned to the dustbin with a lot of the other bullshit he spouts.

What's funny as well is when he goes on about The VEareONE watch and he goes on about how 210,000 VE facebook fans took part in deciding the watch features. Considering only 498 watches were ever ordered and made, and considering they are still available in quite a few online retailers around Europe etc, you have to wonder why those 210,000 fans didn't want the watch they helped in picking the features for? Just how many of the 498 have they actually sold?
So a, erm, ‘huge‘ 0.23% of the VE fans who helped design the watch actually went on to buy one. Less than a quarter of one percent.
If Kevski is telling the truth on those numbers, I’d advise him not to trust the input of his ‘fans‘.
Don't let them name a watch for you Kev, or ‘Watchy McWatchface‘ is certain to be in the lineup.

Wonderful, Wonderful Copenhagen

Certainly doesn't describe this show.

Becque tells us you can cover any chair NOT JUST LEATHER with these throws, thanks I would never have worked that out myself

The same point applies even if they are selling high hundreds of these per show (bedding and throws) they can't be making anything more than a very nominal profit.
Probably aiming it at all the folks who bought their ‘bonded leather’ sofas and chairs, given that much bonded leather splits so quickly and wears so badly.

(Google Answers - question ‘Does Bonded Leather Split?’. Answer: ‘Bonded leather is not a durable product. Generally, furniture made from bonded leather is likely to peel and crack within two to five years’)

So having caused the problem, they now have a solution for sale.

You got to admire their sheer brass neck!
(Brass polish also available)

Can you imagine walking into a shop (I was going to say John Lewis but they'd never get a job there) and being accosted by the aggressive Mike of the Masons, pushy Sally Jacks or creepy Peter Simon. You'd either barge past them, or tell them to f*** off (maybe that's just me🤣)
I’m imagining that scene at the start of’Airplane’ the movie, where Leslie Nielsen is approached by a succession of panhandlers, karate chopping his way through them, doing full wrestling falls etc.
I’d pay good money to see IW presenters in John Lewis, recreating that scene in judo moves as they shout ‘check arrrt yer baaaaskits!’

So a, erm, ‘huge‘ 0.23% of the VE fans who helped design the watch actually went on to buy one. Less than a quarter of one percent.
If Kevski is telling the truth on those numbers, I’d advise him not to trust the input of his ‘fans‘.
Don't let them name a watch for you Kev, or ‘Watchy McWatchface‘ is certain to be in the lineup.

Well Kevski had nothing to do with the vote, unlike other ditributors who informed their customers of the vote taking place, and the various options to vote on at each stage, he did sod all, out of the 3 VEareOne watches if i remember correctly he's only briefly mentioned voting was taking place once during IW shows, pretty sure that was half way through the voting on the second model.

The poll was done through their Facebook page, Kevski gets the number from how many followers VE have, not how many took part.

The poll doesn't give actual numbers of people who took part, only gives % of those who voted for each option, so could be 210,000 people took part or just 500 and given the numbers who react to posts on their facebook page, i would confidently say that the number taking part in the vote will be very close to the 500 number rather than the 210,000 that Kevski claims.

I am trying to organise a search party for some missing IW products and services that seem to have disappeared over the last 12 months or so. Please feel free to add to the list of the missing so we can go out and hunt for them with powerful torches. We could possibly have a fly on the wall documentary made about us and our special rescue service on IW plastic horses.. Shopping Television Mounted Rescue…

RCA Tablets
Reconditioned iPhones
Rattan Furniture
Reclining Big Boy Chairs
Magical Golf Clubs
Steam Powered Televisions
Air Conditioning Units
Curtain Blinds
Financial Planning Services
Will Planning
Rug Doctor

I am trying to organise a search party for some missing IW products and services that seem to have disappeared over the last 12 months or so. Please feel free to add to the list of the missing so we can go out and hunt for them with powerful torches. We could possibly have a fly on the wall documentary made about us and our special rescue service on IW plastic horses.. Shopping Television Mounted Rescue…

RCA Tablets
Reconditioned iPhones
Rattan Furniture
Reclining Big Boy Chairs
Magical Golf Clubs
Steam Powered Televisions
Air Conditioning Units
Curtain Blinds
Financial Planning Services
Will Planning
Rug Doctor
Back in 2020 IW were selling Coda Spark laptops and you can still buy them from Coda. They don't look as if they've been upgraded since 2020 either (a pity, since a small powerful laptop is a good thing), though also worth remembering that Mike Mason said back then that he absolutely hates using his mobile phone for anything computing tasks-related. Also I'm fairly sure that will writing turned up about six months ago though I don't watch IW as much as I used to. Plus Ideal World did try selling a few Create and Craft products which of course they no longer associated with apart from a few presenter borrowings.

Latest posts

Back