Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Again I will say what are the producers/directors doing here? Hell make up some fake emails if you have to from some fans of his saying how well he is doing, do something.

Then again if presenters were owed money you can be sure background staff has been through all of that as well so maybe the inclination to go above and beyond has long gone.

I think Ideal is a tricky platform to start on as a presenter, where is the viewer interaction? I fairly regularly hear them asking for emails I very rarely see them being read out or responded to. Maybe the loyal customer is sick of sending them in and them not even being acknowledged.
I think that hits the nail right on the head.
Do you remember the days of Steve Whatley (RIP)?
Like him or not, he certainly encouraged the audience to feel like a family, rather than a passive tv viewer just waiting to be sold-to.

same with my evri delivery guy, been the same guy for over 10 years, and always comes early, Yes Amazon have there Electric vans
My Everi guy is brilliant- made it today through all the snow- the only delivery van I’ve seen.
But round here Amazon must sub-contract to owner-drivers, because most of the vans are more rust than van, and we had one recently that was full of water!

How many times can they do the "burning milk onto a pan" demo

If you bought a pan from Poundland for under a fiver I am sure it will get rid of the milk on first use anyway

Nobody does that in real life, I am struggling that anyone sees that and says "look these are good"

The vacuum cleaner demos are generally so weak ineffectual. Not only on this channel but rivals also.

Just caught the last couple of minutes of a cordless Tower model with Simon Piles. What looked like instant coffee granules (not that they’re tight) had been sprinkled on some white shelving, and to be honest it struggled to pick up all of those completely. Scattered rice, scattered coffee, scattered cereal on smooth surfaces. All these types of things are the easiest surely for any half decent vacuum cleaner to suck up. Why don’t they do some ingrained pet hairs on thicker carpet for example? Let’s see those cheaper cordless vacuums tackle those. You can of course guess why not.

Now the out of work actress/expert from the Asda car park has been called in to be a pretend expert in yet another field - somebody send her to a secure one on Skye. She tells us she is ‘evangelical’ about the Emma brand. I am also evangelical when I see her on my screen. I am immediately pray to God that she disappears from my screen as a matter of urgency.

The vacuum cleaner demos are generally so weak ineffectual. Not only on this channel but rivals also.

Just caught the last couple of minutes of a cordless Tower model with Simon Piles. What looked like instant coffee granules (not that they’re tight) had been sprinkled on some white shelving, and to be honest it struggled to pick up all of those completely. Scattered rice, scattered coffee, scattered cereal on smooth surfaces. All these types of things are the easiest surely for any half decent vacuum cleaner to suck up. Why don’t they do some ingrained pet hairs on thicker carpet for example? Let’s see those cheaper cordless vacuums tackle those. You can of course guess why not.

Now the out of work actress/expert from the Asda car park has been called in to be a pretend expert in yet another field - somebody send her to a secure one on Skye. She tells us she is ‘evangelical’ about the Emma brand. I am also evangelical when I see her on my screen. I am immediately pray to God that she disappears from my screen as a matter of urgency.
If they insist on having a presenter in a guest role, why do you need 2 of them

I bought an emma mattress from them at xmas (its via emma direct though) it was about £370 for a king, i would put it in the just about OK bracket, it is kind of ok for the money (price is budget end and being honest it doesnt feel budget so thumbs up there) and feels ok once on the thing but is VERY soft, as a 6’2 bloke weighing around 100kgs it has dipped noticeably after a couple of months (no sarcy comments!) to the point it was disruptive to my sleep i was waking up up feeling ever so slightly like i was in the dip and albeit probably miniscule.

Its now on a spare bed and im back on the firm silent night sprung mattress and sleeping well.

Think i might take Emma up on a return. Shame its close but no cigar, esp if heavier.

They dont seem to allude to it being soft on the demo but imo it most definitely is.

Then the debt collectors spring into action - the mattress finance protectors. Probably call Shona in her new IW role as a mattress debt advisor.

Shona now produces a green bowling ball, or is it Shaun Crawlers head? It fascinates me the way they make no mention whatsoever that you are actually buying from another company direct rather than from themselves. I am assuming therefore that if you had any sort of problem with the mattress, Ideal World would try to route you to the manufacturer, saying your consumer rights
lay with them? Are they not obliged to make it clear that they are just showcasing the item and not actually supplying it or administering the order’s progress?

Ordering is via Emmas website with a /IW on the end of the weblink so assume that gives IW the sales lead and commission on the sale, but to all intents it is Emma dealing with it end to end, everything is Emma Sleep instigated once youve clicked the link to order and you create an Emma app account i think it is to manage return process etc.

Latest posts

Back