Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter Simon has just said that Fabulift was invented by a consultant cosmologist.

I came across IW Extra this morning early, Loen selling - Downland Premium Hotel Quality Double Duck feather topper.

I wondered what Hotel Quality means in this context?

I listened for as long as I could stand it,but no mention of what said Hotel Quality is. .I mean ,I've stayed in some dives over the years of various quality. Its meaningless .

If you are making these claims shouldn't you state exactly what that standard is ? Just wondering.......

Last edited:
I came across IW Extra this morning early, Loen selling - Downland Premium Hotel Quality Double Duck feather topper.

I listened for as long as I could stand it,but no mention of what said Hotel Quality is. .I mean ,I've stayed in some dives over the years of various quality. Its meaningless .

If you are making these claims shouldn't you state exactly what that standard is ? Just wondering.......

And I am sure we have all, over the years, stayed in hotels that were not exactly top notch. "Hotel Quality" doesn't really mean anything does it? The meaningless comment I like is "it's in all the magazines" - Exchange and Mart? Gardeners Weekly? They try to imply Vogue but don't actually want to say it in case Vogue are highly litigious!

I don't think it means anything at all on a shopping channel but I presume she's implying that it's equivalent to a 5* luxury hotel bed quality

Saint Peter of Simon, once again opens the month rabbits and rambles on with yet another classic line, ..........."I need you to grab a pen and paper....write that item number down then grab the phone and just av' a buy"

Thanks for that top tip Saint Peter, I will get the pen and paper and write said item number down...............just incase I miss the bold item number that is on the screen for an hour!

It means don't bother swiping it when you leave.....it's carp :giggle::mysmilie_17:

I would not be responsible for my own actions if I pitched up at IW as a brand ambassador and found I'd been teamed with Pope P. I'm sure he's an automaton, and there are switches in his back so that he can be programmed for "serious and spiritual routine", or "screaming and manic routine", or "innuendo and winks at the camera routine" and so on, whichever one fits the product. I cannot work out how anyone agrees to work with him - he does the product no favours whatsoever, quite the opposite.
I have wondered what the guests think. He never explains the product and never finishes a sentence. He just screams "you're not going to do that" on the drill bits show when it miraculously does the job it is supposed to do, or screams when it is food, like he has not been fed for a week! I would just say "will you just shut up" which is why I am not a brand ambassador on IW...

Of course, you could get the reverent Pete, wearing the bow tie if you are really lucky!

Beekeepers Weekly.

And I am sure we have all, over the years, stayed in hotels that were not exactly top notch. "Hotel Quality" doesn't really mean anything does it? The meaningless comment I like is "it's in all the magazines" - Exchange and Mart? Gardeners Weekly? They try to imply Vogue but don't actually want to say it in case Vogue are highly litigious!

could have been worse...he could have said consultant gynaecologist.....although something tells me he would not have been able to pronounce that...after all, this is the man who gave up the attempt to say "ergonomically" and settled for "comfortable" instead...

Peter Simon has just said that Fabulift was invented by a consultant cosmologist.

I would not be responsible for my own actions if I pitched up at IW as a brand ambassador and found I'd been teamed with Pope P. I'm sure he's an automaton, and there are switches in his back so that he can be programmed for "serious and spiritual routine", or "screaming and manic routine", or "innuendo and winks at the camera routine" and so on, whichever one fits the product. I cannot work out how anyone agrees to work with him - he does the product no favours whatsoever, quite the opposite.

If he is an robot I wish he would get a flat battery live on air...

Saint Peter has just said and I quote "(Sad faced, straight down the camera and pause).........Usually you wouldnt get much change out of £2000, but today get this for £269 come on what a deal this is, you'll need to buy this!!!!!!" so that was £269 for the item, mmmmhhh that sounds an amazing deal from IW.

PS the item Saint Peter is selling is actually £799.99, No mention of any flexi pay, zilch nada zip just mention £269 Saint why bother leting the full facts get in the way of a sale eh Saint Pete?????!!!!!!

PSS this is not just a slip this is a constant with him, he gets away with it day after day, shame on IW.

Saint Peter has just said and I quote "(Sad faced, straight down the camera and pause).........Usually you wouldnt get much change out of £2000, but today get this for £269 come on what a deal this is, you'll need to buy this!!!!!!" so that was £269 for the item, mmmmhhh that sounds an amazing deal from IW.

PS the item Saint Peter is selling is actually £799.99, No mention of any flexi pay, zilch nada zip just mention £269 Saint why bother leting the full facts get in the way of a sale eh Saint Pete?????!!!!!!

PSS this is not just a slip this is a constant with him, he gets away with it day after day, shame on IW.

Infuriating :taphead:

Mutts, I'm still giggling at the thought of him with a flat battery :mysmilie_15:(I hasten to say, this is not a euphemism - I have my standards, although admittedly not many) - I'm just picturing him in the middle of the usual spiel "over 9,000% gone", etc. then suddenly slumping to the ground... they'd have to get the battery charger out, which would not be a pretty sight (where the heck would they plug it??) :mysmilie_481:
If he is an robot I wish he would get a flat battery live on air...

How the heck do they get away with it? Where are the ASA - do they even exist? Complaints to IW meet with a bog-standard, mailmerge response, and how often does a complaint to ASA get upheld? Rarely, and in any case IW don't care, because seemingly ASA have no "teeth" to penalise them even if the complaint is upheld. I often wonder why there isn't more about this in the newspapers, cautioning people to be careful and check the facts, rather than just listening to the presenter spiel and ordering based on what's said. To imply that something they are flogging for £269 costs around £2,000 elsewhere - well, where's the proof?

Why is it in every show, every presenter always "thinks the stock will sell out this hour" "stocks are limited" "you may never see this item ever....ever.....EVER again" (until tomorrow) "managed to get the stock back this time but unlikely ever to do so again".

Going on past sales hours the FACTS prove that items very.........very rarely sell out in the hours, the FACTS also prove more than likely even if the stock sold out you could easily buy again in a few days time (if not hours time)

Just more proof the presenters just spout and rabbit out any old tosh with no FACTS whatsoever to back up the claims.

Latest posts

Back