Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is so irresponsible of Ideal World.
Thing is - they will fool a customer once. It is extremely unlikely they will get the chance to fool a customer a second time.

Are they really aiming to alienate customers by conning them??? Surely not!

Their onscreen graphics are dreadful. They've got so much going on, it's hard to keep track of what is actually on offer, at what price, and with what installments. The size of the print, the colours used, the method of rotating the graphics are all designed to confuse rather than inform viewers, in my opinion.

I like the graphics on IW I find them a lot easier on the eye, and easier to read and understand than QVCs which is quite hard to read with everything rotating, now if the Bid losers would move on over to QVC, IW would be my perfect shopping channel.

trouble is it seems to me other channels are now jumping on the bandwagon...Craig did the same yesterday, the "it's £8.50 plus postage" when it was clearly £25 + and the lower amount just one easy-pay. My blood boils when I catch them at it, but sadly it isn't only Pope Pete, albeit he could be in line for the "Worst Repeat Offender at Glossing Over the Full Price" Award.

I hope IW tidy up before they leave, its Bid tv all over again, untrustworthy presenters contributed to its demise so see yeh Ideal World, nice knowing yeh.

we know he's arithmetically challenged, that's obvious when he shouts out the percentages of items sold, but this is deliberate...he knows full well what the total price is, and just ignores any mention of it being an instalment payment only. When you think of how many people are partially sighted or blind, and have to rely on accurate verbal information, it is nothing short of a complete con IMO, totally immoral.
"Its £30 on flexipay, plus p&P with a 14 day money back guarentee" Quote from Saint Peter when selling a Tower product.

Come on IW get it sorted its geting beyond a joke now, time to complain to ASA, the item is £59.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If a newbie just tuned in they would think it was 2x£15 and that the full price is £30 as Saint Peter is more than happy to just say 2 flexi payments with no mention of a full price!!! rather than giving a true full detailed price guide, such a pee take its beyond the pale!!!! but hey why let the truth get in the way of a sale eh???

Again seling another item he has just said "ITS £20!!" No mention at all of the full price of £40 or a flexi pay, FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trouble is it seems to me other channels are now jumping on the bandwagon...Craig did the same yesterday, the "it's £8.50 plus postage" when it was clearly £25 + and the lower amount just one easy-pay. My blood boils when I catch them at it, but sadly it isn't only Pope Pete, albeit he could be in line for the "Worst Repeat Offender at Glossing Over the Full Price" Award.

They don't care how many people they deceive, so long as they notch up another sale.

Howard just said he is not allowed to tell lies

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I watched the earlier show with the Chef and he was banging on about his bowels - Howard and his Bowels is for me now to be known as HOBO - You can thank me later people :mysmilie_59:

On one of his presentations the other day he said people moan about me talking about bowels so i suspect he looks at this, so get the message for fecks sake and talk about something else,we are not interested in your daily motions.:puke:

Came across Dennice this morning selling the Crystal Clear facial set in which she thanked it for giving her her cheekbones back.! She then blatantly said it got rid of her jowels and turkey neck and has been proved to work by the clinical trials .

I know its been said before but she really either has no memory or doesn't care how much she misleads people. Around 6 weeks ago she was telling us the Paul Younane neck excercisor got rid of her jowels and firmed her neck and she wouldn't be without it !

With the amount of equipment she is allegedly using on her face I'm surprised she has time for anything else.

I must admit model Lynn looked a bit like she'd rather be anywhere else than answering questions about how marvellous the crystal clear is.

On one of his presentations the other day he said people moan about me talking about bowels so i suspect he looks at this, so get the message for fecks sake and talk about something else,we are not interested in your daily motions.:puke:

Interesting. If presenters want to know exactly what we think of them, then this is the perfect place to look! Or it could be that his friends are as fed up with his bowels as we are!

Dave, love it! Shopperholic has coined Poward for the Dynamic Duo of Howard and Pope Pete, and we now have HOBO to add to the list. Other contributions gratefully received, people, and please keep it clean!! :giggle::giggle:
I watched the earlier show with the Chef and he was banging on about his bowels - Howard and his Bowels is for me now to be known as HOBO - You can thank me later people :mysmilie_59:

Who is the gentleman who is in most of their recent adverts? He comes across as their attempt at having a Will Gowing like figure.

Dave, love it! Shopperholic has coined Poward for the Dynamic Duo of Howard and Pope Pete, and we now have HOBO to add to the list. Other contributions gratefully received, people, and please keep it clean!! :giggle::giggle:

How about Pop-out Paul (as in his tummy or popping out stuff from the halogen oven)

Yeh, sorry that could be misconstrued as something else.

How about Pop It In Paul, as in apple pie (in the halogen oven)

OK, one more attempt:

How about 'Pop-up Paul' as in -

1) the appearance of one of those fly-by-night 'pop-up' restaurants that are fashionable in London, right now
2) as simple as toast or a pop-tart that 'pops up' from a toaster.

There. :mysmilie_13:

Latest posts

Back