Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, it's the one place he can go where he sweats. He can't sweat anywhere else, dont'cha know. Actually, a gentleman should not sweat, he should gently perspire - is there no class left in the world?
What a classic bit of telly that was, for all the wrong reasons! Like something of a comedy sketch show.

What a classic bit of telly that was, for all the wrong reasons! Like something of a comedy sketch show.
The funny thing was he thought the interview went well! Emily Maitless did a brilliant job. If it's still on the BBC iplayer I'll watch it again. I like the line where he said he was "too honourable"😂

Yeah, i'm off out for a walk to ASDA in the rain, much better standard of tat to look at there, that's how appealing Mike of the Braggards & his tat is. :ROFLMAO:
It's warm in London, I had a very busy day in an overheated office taking minutes at an event. Went for a drink afterwards with colleagues and sat outside in the sun.

No desire to watch Mike of the Market stall tonight.

Can I give you all a word of advice.

Do NOT buy the GX suspension pillow, that thing is dangerous!

I bought one last year and the webbing stuff inside must have been stitched in too tight.

I laid down to go to sleep, laid my head on the pillow and BOING, the thing was as taut as an Olympic trampoline!

My head flew up, taking my body with it, and I essentially head-butted the ceiling with my head going straight through!

Seven hours I was stuck there until the fire service arrived ... the worst part being I sleep naked :(

We went see the Fast Show tour two or three months ago. For me, thirty plus years later, it was completely unfunny. Very much of its time, and I think it is fair to say, most of the laughter there was happened out of respectful hilarity rather than for humorous reasons. Nice earner I imagine for the surviving cast members.
Went to see Count Arthur Strong a few years ago in Bexhill. Laugh out loud funny. And one of my favourite comedians Omid Djalili in Bournemouth was very humorous.

Not sure watching old TV acts from the 90s would be that funny. Was Whitehouse, Williams et al in it. Like the Whitehouse & Mortimer fishing, but not up for his Only Fools redo.

Went to see Count Arthur Strong a few years ago in Bexhill. Laugh out loud funny. And one of my favourite comedians Omid Djalili in Bournemouth was very humorous.

Not sure watching old TV acts from the 90s would be that funny. Was Whitehouse, Williams et al in it. Like the Whitehouse & Mortimer fishing, but not up for his Only Fools redo.
What made it worse is that John Thomson didn't show. He was meant to be there. They tried to make a joke of his absence (it was clearly an on the night occurrence), but he WAS a key player from back in the day. Obviously Caroline Aherne couldn't be there either. And with those two not there (all the others were), lots of the funnier sketch material couldn't be redone. Watching it was the perfect argument for not bringing back comedy shows from decades previous. I wanted to leave at the interval but my partner said we should stay as it might improve. So beer in a plastic glass (the worst torture for innocent beer) and 45 more minutes of polite forced laughter.

What made it worse is that John Thomson didn't show. He was meant to be there. They tried to make a joke of his absence (it was clearly an on the night occurrence), but he WAS a key player from back in the day. Obviously Caroline Aherne couldn't be there either. And with those two not there (all the others were), lots of the funnier sketch material couldn't be redone. Watching it was the perfect argument for not bringing back comedy shows from decades previous. I wanted to leave at the interval but my partner said we should stay as it might improve. So beer in a plastic glass (the worst torture for innocent beer) and 45 more minutes of polite forced laughter.
Often, these theatre/arena versions of tv shows don't really do it for me. Granted I've never been to one, however when I watch them on tv they seem devoid of something when compared to the tv series. A case in point being Still Game. I found the tv series lol funny, however when I watched the stage version, it seemed less 'tight' and tbh I think something gets lost in translation when they're in larger arenas, maybe they're ok in theatres.

Some people convince themselves out of loyalty and respect to the performers on stage, and perhaps a dash of nostalgic comfort thrown in, that they will laugh their heads off whether what they witness is actually funny or not. There were quite a few of those there in the audience in Nottingham on the night. The additional trouble was the performers lost all the visual capabilities that being able to film in advance was able to give them at the time, and now with no real backdrop or props at all. Essentially, just five people in their mid-60s, laid bare, moving around the stage in various characters from decades previous - some of whom not carrying well with the passing of all that time.

One thing a lot of us seek, particularly during the process of getting older, is to go back to times when we were happier, and we were younger – hence the interest in previous decades numerous music extravaganzas we have now. There is a massive market of people like us to tap into, and The Fast Show Live tour was no different. The stark reality is that it really isn’t a true recreation to see your former comedy and pop heroes now decades older and trying to behave in a manner that they did 30 or 40 years previously. Some can embrace it regardless of the passing of time, but some others like me struggle with it,

Some people convince themselves out of loyalty and respect to the performers on stage, and perhaps a dash of nostalgic comfort thrown in, that they will laugh their heads off whether what they witness is actually funny or not. There were quite a few of those there in the audience in Nottingham on the night. The additional trouble was the performers lost all the visual capabilities that being able to film in advance was able to give them at the time, and now with no real backdrop or props at all. Essentially, just five people in their mid-60s, laid bare, moving around the stage in various characters from decades previous - some of whom not carrying well with the passing of all that time.

One thing a lot of us seek, particularly during the process of getting older, is to go back to times when we were happier, and we were younger – hence the interest in previous decades numerous music extravaganzas we have now. There is a massive market of people like us to tap into, and The Fast Show Live tour was no different. The stark reality is that it really isn’t a true recreation to see your former comedy and pop heroes now decades older and trying to behave in a manner that they did 30 or 40 years previously. Some can embrace it regardless of the passing of time, but some others like me struggle with it,
We tried to get tickets for this, but they sold out very quickly. It sounds like we didn't really miss much. I would much rather remember them as they were, and will still enjoy watching repeats on TV, plus we have the box set on dvd.

Just shows you how a new studio won't alter the fact that IW employees are dumb, blind and absolute ******* amateurs at their job, it's just as well for them that thery have so many of their fellow dumb idiots in their viewership or they'd go out of buisiness in no time..

We have an advert running promoting a Luxury Brand for a show tonight at 8pm.

Well for a start they ain't a luxury brand, far from it, but more importantly they ain't called NAUTIA it's NAUTIS.

The amount of spelling and informational errors in VTs and onscreen graphics is astounding, criminal in fact, what a terrible indictment of our present day education sysytem.

Nautis.JPG

Latest posts

Back