Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They were two bands essentially- the four piece vocal group who got to be the UK’s Eurovision entry for 1979. And the happy clappy anthem charting duo of the early 1980s. Other than the chap who died this week who was a part of both - very little connection musically between the two outfits.
A bit like Bucks Fizz then, you had the orginal, and the Sally Jacks version

To be honest wasn’t really thinking of Roamer, although do comapre them a lot :ROFLMAO:, was thinking more about the popular Swiss watchmaking brands, Tissot, Certina, Hamilton, Mido etc, but I suppose in this instance Roamer is probably the perfect brand to use as a comparison.

Actual Mendrisio facilities, home to Roamer

View attachment 28764

and Photoshop pic from Duchamp web site, allegedly original head office/facilities of Christophe Duchamp

View attachment 28765

Roamer – All Watches assembled in Mendrisio.

Duchamp – Mix of assembly between Mendrisio and Far East.

Roamer – Have their own designs.

Duchamp - Mostly copies of Roamer designs.

Roamer – An actual Swiss watch brand, with actual history & heritage dating back to 1888.

Duchamp – Pretendy Swiss brand with a history & heritage dating back to Woking in Oct 2020.

Roamer – RRP’s range from approx. £250 - £830 for original designed Swiss Made watches.

Duchamp – RRP’s range from £1450 - £2995 for copied designed mix of Swiss & Far East made watches.

There is absolutely no logical reason for Duchamp's high RRPs as against Roamer's RRPs other than to be part of a marketing con job. They are not better quality, better workmanship, better movements etc, at best some of their watches are on a par with Roamer but some definately ain't.

And as Duke has mentioned, i'd willingly sacrifice an alleged bargain for honesty any day of the week.
So you did mention Roamer after all! 😁

Yep, but if you want a 'bargain', there are some half-price Hamiltons on the TkMaxx site currently.

Off topic from here as such, but on another channel’s thread I just read Vapid Stoat has said they are leaving the forum. Very sorry to hear that as I thought they were a superb and very funny writer. Good people and quality contributors on message boards in general sometimes fall away for whatever reasons, and then it is as if they never were. That’s wrong. Thanks for the posts, VS.
Did they say why they were leaving?

So you did mention Roamer after all! 😁

Yep, but if you want a 'bargain', there are some half-price Hamiltons on the TkMaxx site currently.

Yeah they are a good site for end of series etc, often see Hamilton, Tissot, Eterna, luminox, Traser etc on there inbetween the cheaper fashion watches.
Got a couple of good deals from them a few years back, how they ended up with the Eternas i don't know as they were limited at the time and in demand, should have bought the black ip one as well, 3 available on Chrono24 but asking just over a £1000, i only paid £499 for mine.

Hamilton Khaki Pilot Pioneer H76456955 {Cal: H31 (Valjoux 7753)}

Hamilton Khaki Pilot Pioneer H76456955 {Cal H31 (Valjoux 7753)} (10a).jpg

Eterna Heritage Military 1939 Collection (Cal: ETA 2824-2)

Eterna Heritage Military 1939 Collection (Cal ETA 2824-2) (2).jpg

Still going, although Kevski bragged about being a huge distributor, Mathey-Tissot's main markets are still in the Far East, America & mainland Europe etc, UK doesn't really figure much just Kevski's web shop. ;)

Been looking at this 34.5mm Mathey-Tissot Explorer homage i quite like.

Although i already have 3 Smiths 36mm PRS25 Everests (Explorer Homages) so maybe not. :whistle::ROFLMAO:
No, stick with Eddies far better imo. On a side note why do they put aged lume on the dials of new watches. Personally don’t like it, unless it IS aged on an old watch👍

Latest posts

Back