Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Let's face it, if any of us had £2000 plus to spend on a watch, we wouldn't be looking for a Chris Duchump, would we?? And if I had £600 to spend on a watch, I would go for a Citizen or something of similar reputation. That probably tells you why Citizen watches aren't seen on shopping channels like Ideal World, but Chrissie Boy Duchumps are.

25% off at Argos today. ;)

I bet that's why Peter thinks they've been into space, he'll be assuming astronauts used Nubeo watches as weights on their moon walks to keep them from floating off into space. ;)
It's just to give the look of the original, it's just colour that's been added to give the illusion of aged lume.
I know, that just don’t get it🤔Sooner have white or the pale green of new and let it age naturally over the years.

More wildly overinflated prices for the collagen creams. Widely available online.

Collagen as an ingredient in creams is pointless tbh.

For one, collagen (as a formed, structural protein) is too big to penetrate the skin. It'll be all those other ingredients in the slop making the skin feel soft and hydrated, not the collagen.

And even if big collagen proteins could penetrate the skin they wouldn't do anything. The body doesn't "absorb" collagen, it makes its own. The "trick" to producing more collagen as it depletes with age is to provide your body with more of the amino acids it uses to make it (plus vitamin C).

Which is why collagen supplements are more logical — to a degree. When you take them your stomach acid breaks collagen pills down into the constituent amino acids (digestion 101). Eating protein-rich food get you the same amino acids as pills. Those who don't fancy chomping on more meat/eggs could just use a balanced amino acid supplement/powder like athletes do. Basically the same thing but you don't pay a premium for fancy marketing, hype, and dodgy claims.

That said, most cosmetics marketed as "with collagen" actually only contain ingredients to stimulate collagen production - which makes a bit more sense on paper though the actual efficacy of doing that through the skin is TBD — the only real proven skin aids are moisture (Hyaluronic acid, either as supplement, serum, or injectable), and retinol/als and tretinoin.

Sorry for the rant haha but I looked into this a while back because GETTING OLDER SUCKS 👵🏼

Last edited:
They have finally found some existing space for it...

Screenshot_20240605_095346_Chrome.jpg

Without a word of a lie I've just hopped on the YT feed and heard the presenter say this:

Once it's gone it's gone

Oh dear, I'd better buy one now then! Thanks for the warning trustworthy presenter. But wait, that's not all she said:

Once it's gone it's gone, for another two weeks ...

Emmm, so it's not really 'gone' then is it ;) you'll soon have more into the business and loaded into the system.

It's just to give the look of the original, it's just colour that's been added to give the illusion of aged lume.
Yep. You can get all different colours.
You paint the lume on (normally) from the underside of the hands- usually there’s a slit cut into each hand to help hold a decent quantity. Lume actually comes as a powder (leastways the stuff I buy does) and you mix it up.

If its good enough for Prince Andrew it should be good enough for us. He used Pizza Express in Woking as his alibi.
Yes, it's the one place he can go where he sweats. He can't sweat anywhere else, dont'cha know. Actually, a gentleman should not sweat, he should gently perspire - is there no class left in the world?

Latest posts

Back