Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Or a Grace Brothers. I think these stores closed about the same time! Both are mythical brands.
Yeah, but Swan & Edgar were at least a real store, once. Ok the watch brand is not them, not related to them in any way, a fake old store brand reallocated onto a watch. Whereas Grace Bros. was a fiction of Croft & Lloyd!

Swan & Edgar Ltd was a department store, located at Piccadilly Circus on the western side between Piccadilly and Regent Street established in the early 19th century and closed in 1982.
1717355080281.png

Swan & Edgar Ltd building, Piccadilly Circus

Last edited:
At work and at a bar a couple of times, I have had a relative and a couple of colleagues notice my wristwatch and look at it and ask about it. Nothing special, just an automatic (and you'd be amazed at how few people know about automatics and how they work) Constantin (not Vacheron) that has a nice pilot style and tachymeter countdown/variable wheel rim with 3 d/d/m complications that looks far more expensive than it was!

But nobody has approached me and enquired from any distance!
Oh yes, I didn't mean friends or colleagues etc. The implication is that total strangers will ask this as you walk in a bar. Mike used to say this a lot (haven't heard recently though as I avoid him).

I asked my son ages ago if anyone had ever come up to him, or indeed, had he gone up to anyone and enquired/complimented on his/a watch........he looked at me with a 'you what?' kind of expression and said 'no, why?'.....I got the feeling that it's really not the done thing at all

I wish I'd not asked lol
I doubt that young people these days wear watches as their phones are pretty much glued to their hands and they can check the time there.

I don't think they're interested in the bragging rights of having whatever IW are selling on their wrist.

He is as dull as ditchwater.

When he came over from C&C a lot of us were hoping he'd be more honest and restrained than the usual suspects yet although a bit calmer he uses the same BS to sell as the others. To be fair, nobody could do much better with the tat IW try to shift. I mean what is it with all the bubble machines today?

Feeble.
I'm afraid he is extraordinarily tedious, which is unfortunate to say because I really wanted him to be a breath of fresh air. Certain ones will go for the family association with every product virtually that they sell, and he is one of them. The silly girl used to do it and others like My Name is PRODUCER!!!!!

With him, it is numerous mentions of his wife, his little boys, his wife and then his little boys again. Trying almost to establish a family connection with those watching. Maybe to encourage them to buy for that kind of reason alone, if they are foolish enough to do that. I suppose to his credit, that at least the people he mentions appear to be real, rather than comedy creations like Walter mentions as so-called family members, friends and buyers. I see he now has a new friend now - Brendan in Ireland, who apparently sends out all the IW goods...Or is it the Brendan who dresses as a crusty old woman?

In the new bloke's favour again, he certainly managed to cut Chef Mark's lamb with aplomb - using a chain saw today. There was so much blood in it, though, it would have kept the NHS Transfusions Service going for a week. I usually like my meat dead when it comes out of the air fryer not running around the decorating table.

I'm afraid he is extraordinarily tedious, which is unfortunate to say because I really wanted him to be a breath of fresh air. Certain ones will go for the family association with every product virtually that they sell, and he is one of them. The silly girl used to do it and others like My Name is PRODUCER!!!!!

With him, it is numerous mentions of his wife, his little boys, his wife and then his little boys again. Trying almost to establish a family connection with those watching. Maybe to encourage them to buy for that kind of reason alone, if they are foolish enough to do that. I suppose to his credit, that at least the people he mentions appear to be real, rather than comedy creations like Walter mentions as so-called family members, friends and buyers. I see he now has a new friend now - Brendan in Ireland, who apparently sends out all the IW goods...Or is it the Brendan who dresses as a crusty old woman?

In the new bloke's favour again, he certainly managed to cut Chef Mark's lamb with aplomb - using a chain saw today. There was so much blood in it, though, it would have kept the NHS Transfusions Service going for a week. I usually like my meat dead when it comes out of the air fryer not running around the decorating table.
Me too, can't eat meat that's got a trace of pink. Everything has to be well done for me.

I find Nubeo watches extremely ugly.

Really for folks with big wrists, if you like the style nothing wrong with them but nothing special either, RRPs are ridiculously high, even IW price is high for what you're getting.

Keep saying they are rare cause only a 100 is made, but that's a hundred of each colour/strap orientation and they keep adding colours/straps. It ends up the Apollo watch will easily end up with over a thousand made (probably a few thousand).

I asked my son ages ago if anyone had ever come up to him, or indeed, had he gone up to anyone and enquired/complimented on his/a watch........he looked at me with a 'you what?' kind of expression and said 'no, why?'.....I got the feeling that it's really not the done thing at all

I wish I'd not asked lol
What sort of watch has he got?
Is he over 30?

Latest posts

Back