Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My Dad was entertainments manager at Spurs in the early 1970s. He used to bring me in to White Hart Lane on a Sunday morning when he did the ground’s bars stock taking. The place appeared to be completely empty other than for me and him. I stood on the pitch with the whole of the empty stadium in front of me. And I still ended up supporting Crystal Palace!!
Sensible choice. Spuds, no thanks.

I come from Hornsey, so Highbury was slightly nearer than White Hart Lane. Palace had a better strip in 1973/74. The Barcelona type one with the player’s number on the side of each arm as well as on the back of the shirt. It was essentially an aesthetically motivated decision and clearly not one based on footballing logic.

And now Mike the Woman Whisperer...

He knows all about them, understands all their problems, calls his wife a goddess.

And calls 'em darlin'

Trouble is, if you don't accept everything about today you are accused of being out of date, luddite, living in the past.

Only recently a "millennial" told me everything about modern life is better than in the past.

What? I said. Can't find a dentist, can't get a doctor's appointment, call centres, no Bobbies on the beat, dire auto tune sampled music, unfunny woke comedy to name a few!

Not to mention lack of community spirit. Oh I just did.

Instead we must embrace EVs and AI and every innovation without question. After all, we baby boomers had it easy didn't we? Houses were given away with cornflake packets. We didn't have to work hard or save.

Yeah, sure.
I was chatting to an intern in my office the other day. I was telling her I had never been on a long haul flight and she was utterly shocked. When I was a child our family holidays were in a caravan in Clacton (which I loved), she went to Florida as a young child. Not much difference there.

Latest posts

Back