Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sad but true. I went to see Bryan Ferry and thought ‘God’, he looks like a geography teacher’ . (Apologies to all geography teachers, but you know what I mean). While, I on the other hand haven’t aged. Or my eyesight is so bad, I can’t see the wrinkles. You decide, but it’s definitely not Opatra 🤣🤣
I don't think of myself as being that old, but then I realised I left school 40 years ago.😵‍💫. I loved all the New Romantic stuff, Spandau Ballet, Adam and the Ants, and I thought the ladies in the Human League looked so cool.

It’s cheap and essentially nasty stuff, most of it. For example, if you have to get a dash cam, if you can, get a decent one. One from a known maker with some expertise in their field and with a good modern day spec. Yes, there are hard-up people who must rely on cheap stuff. But on virtually everything I have seen them sell, it is cheaper elsewhere. Like Poundland TV where everything costs at least double than elsewhere. There is also no structure or theme to the hours. From haemorrhoids cream to headphones…canes to cuddle blankets…dog leads to dattery dargers….
As Sally has said many times "buy cheap, buy twice" (not on this version of IW who appear to be sponsored by Poundland). I'm at an age when I buy better quality stuff, I've made too many mistakes before buying too cheap.

I reckon it doesn't, longer term, matter what their strategy is. Because gradually. the viewer base must surely be shrinking as the older ones depart, however not to be automatically filled by younger viewers who are more used to price checking and ordering from Amazon etc, and less inclined to watch linear telly or whatever the heck they call it.

I don't think of myself as being that old, but then I realised I left school 40 years ago.😵‍💫. I loved all the New Romantic stuff, Spandau Ballet, Adam and the Ants, and I thought the ladies in the Human League looked so cool.
I remember reading about Joanne and Suzanne being taken out of school by their Mum’s so that they could appear on Top of the Pops! The stuff that dreams were made of when I was growing up. And Heavens, we loved to dress up in those days! Pencil skirts and stilettos to see ABC, Oriental silk dresses to see Japan!

Homesmart, Hamilton Beach, Tower, Tefal, Proscenic, and some generic air fryers are sold or have been sold by them. The difference between all of these and the Philips one today is that the Philips one is actually the best available price you can get for it, saving you £40 on the cheapest price on Amazon. The other items could be purchased for a lower price elsewhere.

I remember reading about Joanne and Suzanne being taken out of school by their Mum’s so that they could appear on Top of the Pops! The stuff that dreams were made of when I was growing up. And Heavens, we loved to dress up in those days! Pencil skirts and stilettos to see ABC, Oriental silk dresses to see Japan!
Wow I never heard that! They were so glamorous. I had a frilly loose white shirt I wore to see Adam and the Ants🤣

Latest posts

Back