Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That’s the thing… They are presenting these huge RRP but low IW price point watches as heritage time pieces, watches that you must insure because of their great value and horological significance. Heirlooms etc…Yet they have straps with ‘Genuine Leather’ on them. I can’t see the likes of Rolex and certainly Breitling (I have a panda faced Top Time with a Breitling leather strap) needing to confirm they use real leather. I would imagine it is a natural expectation of their client base. Whereas, Timex, for example, probably may do.

That’s the thing… They are presenting these huge RRP but low IW price point watches as heritage time pieces, watches that you must insure because of their great value and horological significance. Heirlooms etc…Yet they have straps with ‘Genuine Leather’ on them. I can’t see the likes of Rolex and certainly Breitling (I have a panda faced Top Time with a Breitling leather strap) needing to confirm they use real leather. I would imagine it is a natural expectation of their client base. Whereas, Timex, for example, probably may do.
I bought a sofa off the previous IW lot and it has a 'genuine bonded leather' stamp on it, so I'm happy, because as they seemed to imply, bonded leather must be better than ordinary leather.

I'm no fool ...

Hungry leopard alert..
IMG_2084.jpeg

Shame they can't squash in '1st layer'

‘Ave a Buy…Please…

View attachment 27592

I'm genuinely tempted to pick up a copy. They're about 10p on the used book shop sites… I could scan some pages and have a field day with Photoshop #iknowimsad #idontthinkicare 🤭

I wonder if the "Pete's Eats" section covers his fondness for poorly cooked pink sausages…

—Alright you at home, don't! Kiss my sherpa-lined anorak! *camp glare*

Miss whiplash, who told us very recently during a massager show, that she has restricted movement and has to turn on her seat to look left, not looking very restricted today. Of course on the old IW the story then was she was restricted when looking right. ;)

View attachment 27593

Ahh Hammy, that must be the special on-air "demo" Sally, which is why her neck is suddenly fine. Don't worry; the Sally you buy will of course come with a sore neck (however the side affected may vary) ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back