Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

One of my three dogs was 16 in November. His in-house days are spent asleep or when not asleep, licking the kitchen floor. He recently went out on a ten mile cross fields walk with my partner and a group of friends. He did a little walking but was carried in a papoose for most of it.
i have to ask, been thinking about it ever since you posted
what type of carrier do you have. I’ve looked but couldn’t make up my mind which sort to get. I currently use a doggy pushchair I already had twas bought when another dog I had until earlier this year snapped his cruciate ligament a few years ago and needed major surgery. It’s ok for long walks but only good for level paths no good for muddy fields or sand.

Furry Fido Puppy Carrier from Amazon.

IMG_1942.jpeg

When they do it well, then people are supportive. Rob does it well. Breath of fresh air.

Watched a small bit of Rob doing watches, william hunt watch, was impressed with his honest, basically saying you're getting a good watch for that price, and while he has bought watches costing several hundred which are really good, and of course this watch isn't in same league but it is still good for the price.

Now we have Miss Precision, who is the complete opposite, after an honest Rob, afternoon Ideal World has now turned into bullshit central.

I don't know much about watches, I used to enjoy wearing them but would probably fall into the gullible category as to what they tell you on those shows, I don't know the ins and outs of it all, which is why I wouldn't buy them from Ideal World

You won't learn much from Ideal World, but you will get lots of lies, huge exaggeration of quality and copious amounts of bullshit, oh and ridiculous RRPs.

Furry Fido Puppy Carrier from Amazon.

View attachment 27345
It’s not available on Amazon ATM but I found it on EBay it may not work for me as it isn’t ajustable and I’m only 5ft tall 😆
But it’s not exactly expensive so worth a punt. 👍
Theres a whole world of pet lovers out there be it dog, cat, mouse, rat,snakes etc willing to spend a fortune to keep their chosen pet happy IW could target if they had a mind to. 👀

It’s a great pity because she is articulate and personable. Unfortunately, she doesn’t follow Rob’s style of generally telling it like it is.
She is only articulate in the sense of talking discernible drivel despite being in a state of pretend excitement. As someone who has been flogging watches for a long time she should a) know better and b) be able to give some actual details about the watches. She seemed to spend all the time going on about the colours and her claimed quality of the packaging. I suspect that even the on-screen Swiss Movement' claim of the William Hunt watches is debatable, although a Ronda 505, even if from one of their Swiss factories, is hardly anything to shout about. Then there was the nonsense about the Schild tourbillon. Genuine tourbillon watches are now available for just under £250 from Ali Express. And the 'famous' Swan and Edgar watches were actually more expensive than on previous shows.
I actually purchased a lot of watches from versions of IW over the last 4 years, although not in the last 12 months. Looking back there were, in my opinion, genuine watch bargains, further helped by special promotions (eg the fantastic £99 day, various coupons, etc) So my IW watch spend has gone from £2k+ per annum to £0 per annum.
I did, for the first time in years, look at QVC because people here see it as better. They were selling a nothing special lithium-ion jump starter for, I think, £90.
Selly telly has lost the plot.

She is only articulate in the sense of talking discernible drivel despite being in a state of pretend excitement. As someone who has been flogging watches for a long time she should a) know better and b) be able to give some actual details about the watches. She seemed to spend all the time going on about the colours and her claimed quality of the packaging. I suspect that even the on-screen Swiss Movement' claim of the William Hunt watches is debatable, although a Ronda 505, even if from one of their Swiss factories, is hardly anything to shout about. Then there was the nonsense about the Schild tourbillon. Genuine tourbillon watches are now available for just under £250 from Ali Express. And the 'famous' Swan and Edgar watches were actually more expensive than on previous shows.
I actually purchased a lot of watches from versions of IW over the last 4 years, although not in the last 12 months. Looking back there were, in my opinion, genuine watch bargains, further helped by special promotions (eg the fantastic £99 day, various coupons, etc) So my IW watch spend has gone from £2k+ per annum to £0 per annum.
I did, for the first time in years, look at QVC because people here see it as better. They were selling a nothing special lithium-ion jump starter for, I think, £90.
Selly telly has lost the plot.

IW have had some decent quality watch brands over the years, as well as the overpriced junk brands, but they have put off a lot of potential customers for the decent watches with the poor guest 'Experts' spouting rubbish and the deceitful sales tactics employed by the presenters, obviously encouraged by the IW management.

As for Miss Precision, she worked for Fossil, Area Sales for their fashion brands (Michael Kors, Emporio Armani, Burberry watches) for a year, and a few years at IW flogging the Resultco brands, so i wouln't class that as flogging watches for a long time, certainly doesn't seem to have been involved in flogging quality watches at any point. ;)

Most of her sales experience is with gemstones / jewellery / vintage jewellery etc and of course she has quite a few years experience in various presenting roles, on radio, selly telly (Gems TV in the UK and in the US, IW etc).

Listening to her as a supposed 'expert', while she can be articulate, when it comes to passing on actual detailed and technical information about the watches she comes across as pretty naive and comes out with some rubbish at times, although she is not alone in that regard when it comes to IW's watch 'Experts'.:ROFLMAO:

Annie now with watches.

So in tthe last day i've seen 4 presenters flogging watches.

Annie, Simona, Rob & Emma.

Okay a quick assessment and where i see the problems.

Annie, Simona know next to nothing about watches, especially not enough to be doing an honest and competent job, they are relying on the rubbish being fed to them by the backroom staff and believing what they've been fed about the watches is true and accurate, they try to expand on that with their own input, which of course makes the sales pitch sound even worse, really shouldn't be flogging watches until they get some basic training (especially selling watches costing into 3 figures) and are able to make an informed and honest input to their sales pitch. Don't blame the two presenters, those behind the scenes are the guilty party for the nonesense being spouted.

Emma, knows a bit more although a little knowledge can be a bad thing some times, but has been highly influenced by her previous stints on selly telly, most articulate of the females, but the worst at giving accurate and fair sales pitch to customers, guilty of highly exggarating quality and value of watches, she represented the Resultco brands so knows full well that the RRPs have been set ridiculously high to enable retailers to give big discounts. Despite her knowing that the RRPs are NOT an indication of the true value of the watches, she is quite happy to let viewers believe they are buying a high RRP priced luxury watch, which they are not, at a bargain price. As on the old IW, she comes out with some utter drivel, regarding quality, value and info about the brands.
My favourite claim by her was when she was flogging Shield 'professional' divers watches on the old IW, claimed they were pro divers watches as they were 200 mtr certified, they had all been sent to the ISO labs in Switzerland, tested and passed the ISO 6425 standard to be a 'pro' divers watch, which sounds good, but is a lot of rubbish as ISO just set standards they DON'T do the testing/certification, it's up to the brands to organise that, and as resultco watches are from some unknown source in China, it's anybody's guess as to whether they were actually tested or not. :ROFLMAO:

Rob, pretty articulate, best of the lot as he has some basic knowledge of watches and is able and WILLING to give a fair, fairly accurate and honest sales pitch to the customer.

As i'm typing this Annie is on a Mann Egerton watch, giving a lot of details about the Mann Egerton watch brand, have lots of history and heritage, actually she's giving details for the defunct Mann Egerton engineering and avation brand, which of course has nothing to do with the present day Baby Fields's Mann Egerton watch brand. Again, Annie is being fed irrelevant rubbish from the backroom staff.:rolleyes:

All they need to say to be accurate is these ‘recreated’ company names for the watches they sell are ‘heritage’ chosen. Named to remember, and as a tribute, to great companies of the past. But they cannot resist implying or even directly stating the company concerned IS and not was. QVC also do it with Hell & Bowel and have done with other rebadged no actual link manufacturers names of the past, so it not just an Ideal World problem. Focus more on the plus points of the watches themselves, rather than using the company name as one of the main selling points. It is maybe lost on younger buyers who don’t remember the actual real companies when they existed, that Gamages was just a bog standard department store (possibly with a watches counter) as was Swan & Edgar. They had no actual connection to my recall to watch making whatsoever. And Mann Egerton’s high street presence was car dealerships. Nothing ticking over there other than engines in the service bay.

Rob selling the Mann Egerton £149, says - “let me show you this, this is their (Mann Egerton) web site, this is what they would expect someone to pay £250 <giggles> should you go to their web site, that’s nearly, that’s ridiculous, eh, em no, em, no, no, no and thrice no. Em £149.99 there you go, that’s a good price for what you’re getting here, Seiko quartz etc that’s a good price for that, none, none of that other nonsense.” :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Although I agree with him on the RRP being a load of nonsense, I still think the £149 is overpriced as well. But having said that well done for having a sly dig at the ridiculous RRP. (y)

Okay that’s me for the day, off to enjoy xmas with lots of food and drink at my sister’s house. 🥳

I did a double take when I saw Annie. I remember her as being the very enthusiastic sales rep on Gemporia selling all things health and primal. I thought that was her expertise, fitness and well-being.
Yes, I remember her being introduced by Steve, stressing her fitness background. I suppose she was a casualty of the changes in the Gemporia/Primal team, or she was seduced by the BS at IW MK3.

Latest posts

Back