Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I understand the concept of pre-cooking some items. In the real world it makes perfect sense. But what this new lot at Ideal World (producers etc) don't seem to grasp, is that viewers, potential customers, want to see these particular products in action. The not too distant days of Paul Brodell having 4 or 5 on the go at the same time and showing us the food being cooked from scratch (or the opening of a packet) is what shopping TV excels at. When they now have 4 hours each to fill, there is no reason to skip any stages of cooking. If there isn't a new studio in January I'll be complaining formally about their whole (shoddy) setup.

Gammon next…
IMG_2494.jpeg

Is there any news on the new studio, we were told 12 weeks when it first launched its been over that time, 6 or 7 weeks ago Gen said 3 weeks

Dont think I’ve heard them even mention it for a while

Gammon looks under cooked
I’ll take a bet that there will be no new studio. I don’t think they had any intention of ever having one going by the interlinked to the other channel type goods they are selling or not selling. What’s the point of spending on a new studio to sell £9.99 toy cars and £15 canes?

Is there any news on the new studio, we were told 12 weeks when it first launched its been over that time, 6 or 7 weeks ago Gen said 3 weeks

Dont think I’ve heard them even mention it for a while

Gammon looks under cooked

Yeah there's been a few conflicting statements, but when tehy first started i'm sure they said about 3 months so studios would be ready just after xmas.

Gammonnnnn, he says. NOT Bleedin’ ‘Gammon’. I feel music.. I feel it.. I am the Chosen One…Do you remember The Police? I am THE The Police’s biggest fan.. Walkin’ In The Sahara… Tea On The Moon… Message In An Invisible Sun..King of Pain 1985 Remix….I ‘ear it and I feel it.. Music.. Music, Mike. My First Love and My Last - apart from Gammon…Cheeky Little Wink to the Wifey…Get on a Dr. Hook track..Pull off me JoBoxers..

I have it on very good authority that the new studio is on its way. Space has been created and builders are on site. It's gonna be massive improvement on the current offering. End of January is the target ;)

That guy Rob (I think his name is) just sprayed GAMMON and said it smells of pineapple. He also commented on the strange name. Fair play to him for being honest
Do you get a choice?
One that smells of pineapple, or one that smells of fried eggs?
I’ve gone through a lot of posts tonight to ketchup.
Sorry. I think I need a lie down, or I might have had my chips!

I just watched that and thought it good he said about the name being weird.

I am glad he said something about the name because at least in this country, it is a ridiculous title to use for a perfume, because all you think of is bacon and eggs whenever the name is mentioned.

Rob comes over as a very decent guy. You appreciate the job requires people to be full of waffle and over exaggerating the quality and usefulness of stuff, but he at least does employ a sense of reality about what he is selling, and how he sells it. Only one or two of the others there are doing that in a similar way.

Latest posts

Back