Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cleaning products always perform well on trustworthy selly telly with its 'selly telly dirt & grime' ;)

Yeah there's a big difference from normal dirt and selly telly dirt, normal dirt is a pain to shift, selly telly dirt is a dawdle. :ROFLMAO:

I remember watch Simon Lies doing his Blue magic demo, dipping a piece of cloth into oil and then into blue magic soln and watching the oil magically separate and fall away from the shirt into the soln. But Simon didn't explain why the cloth was wet and what it was wet with before he put it into the oil and why was the oil already seperating from the cloth before it went near the Blue Magic? Was he cheating by treating the cloth with something before the demo? :unsure:

Just ordered a 9k Gold Watch out of some inheritance I have hope I dont live to regret it
I don’t get how they work out the prices, The watch I bought was 999.99 down from 3999.99, but he never explained where they got the recommended price from

You can always return it (you've got till Jan 14th to make up your mind, have a Jewellers opinion ;)) if you don't like it.

Personally wouldn't buy any watch at that price without more information on the watch, it's good knowing what the case is made of, but even more important is who the brand are, who by & where it was made, what movement is in the watch, but that's me, if you like it and are happy then fine.

It was a not direct comparison price, they just plucked the price for another gold watch from the internet for comparison, but unless it's the same specifications etc it ain't a fair comparison.

While it may be a gold watch, who it's made by, where and what movement is in it will have a huge bearing on whether it's worth the price they are charging let alone some higher price they've plucked from the internet to compare it against.

You can always return it (you've got till Jan 14th to make up your mind, have a Jewellers opinion ;)) if you don't like it.

Personally wouldn't buy any watch at that price without more information on the watch, it's good knowing what the case is made of, but even more important is who the brand are, who by & where it was made, what movement is in the watch, but that's me, if you like it and are happy then fine.

It was a not direct comparison price, they just plucked the price for another gold watch from the internet for comparison, but unless it's the same specifications etc it ain't a fair comparison.

While it may be a gold watch, who it's made by, where and what movement is in it will have a huge bearing on whether it's worth the price they are charging let alone some higher price they've plucked from the internet to compare it against.
You mention get a Jewellers opinion, would that break whatever return whatsit, My mums mum died last year,,and bought it as I thought it would be a keep sake

And what would a Jeweller be looking for,,and does it cost, sorry about the questions

Why are they making out prices have been changed for Black Friday when I’m not sure they have
i was thinking that too, if you notice there is nothing saying was *** now****. I have seen a few things I know are the same price as they have been before. It seems IWs idear of a black friday deal for the customer is 5 easy pays and free P&P

Either ill, personal family matter or quit.

Yeah i would guess the first two, can't see him quiting, despite the shambles of the channel it's not like he some high end celebrity that can be choosy, he basically a market stall shyster that's managed to find work on a couple of selly telly channels who have very little to no morals and are quite happy that their staff lie and con viewers, which he willingly did, so it's not like he's in a position to be taking any moral stand against the standards of the present IW debacle. ;)

You mention get a Jewellers opinion, would that break whatever return whatsit, My mums mum died last year,,and bought it as I thought it would be a keep sake

And what would a Jeweller be looking for,,and does it cost, sorry about the questions

No problem.

As long as you explain to the jeweller that you may be returning it, i'm sure they won't be doing anything that will invalidate the returns policy.
There will probably be a charge, depends on the Jeweller, maybe £50ish. Not sure exactly what it would involve, but they will know what they are doing, they do it all the time for folks who want jewellery/watches valued for insurance purposes. So imagine they would be looking at the things i've mentioned, case material, workmanship/finishing, movement, where it was made etc.

BTW this is just my opinion, if you are happy with and like the watch that's all that matters especially if it's just a keep sake.

No problem.

As long as you explain to the jeweller that you may be returning it, i'm sure they won't be doing anything that will invalidate the returns policy.
There will probably be a charge, depends on the Jeweller, maybe £50ish. Not sure exactly what it would involve, but they will know what they are doing, they do it all the time for folks who want jewellery/watches valued for insurance purposes. So imagine they would be looking at the things i've mentioned, case material, workmanship/finishing, movement, where it was made etc.

BTW this is just my opinion, if you are happy with and like the watch that's all that matters especially if it's just a keep sake.
I trust your Opinion Hammy, probably get my dad to take it in for me

Outcome of dash cam ASA complaint:-

Dear Mr. Cheese,

Thank you for your complaint about this advert and for your patience whilst we considered the matter. Youchallenged whether the ad was misleading because it did not provide evidence to substantiate the claim made regarding dashcams reducing insurance costs.

We’ve assessed the ad you highlighted and, from the information we have, we think it likely to have breached the Advertising Codes (“the Codes”) that we administer. We are writing to let you know that we will be taking steps to address this.

We will explain your concerns to the advertiser and provide guidance to them on the areas that require attention, together with advice on how to ensure that their advertising complies with the Codes.

Thank you once again for taking the time to raise your concerns with us. Comments such as yours help us to understand the issues that matter to consumers and we will keep a record of your complaint on file for use in future monitoring. If you would like more information about our complaint handling principles, please visit our website here.

Oh i just receive an mail with the same result for the first of my few complaints about the Duchampe watch shows. :)

I trust your Opinion Hammy, probably get my dad to take it in for me
Peters sale patter for the watch was strange. As he didnt mention House Insurance

Thank you, but it's still just my opinion, don't take it as gospel, if you like the watch and are happy just ignore me. ;) :ROFLMAO:

A thousand pounds is a lot to pay on a watch where not a lot of detail is actually provided, probably cause i collect watches i've become used to wanting to know and finding out everything about a watch and the brand before i would part with any cash, even the cheap Ali watches.:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, "you must insure" is one of his trademark sales tactics.

This is where these channels show themselves up for talking complete and utter bullsh1t. They'll maintain they're not trying to rush people into making a buying decision whilst doing things like:

putting countdown clock on screen.
constantly referring to low stock (even when blatantly not true.)
presenters often talking in a rushed, exited, panicked tone.

etc etc. But hey, they're not trying to rush you ;)

Family ... friendship ... fun
It's the same as when you get a dodgy email purporting to be from your bank. They try to rush you into making a payment and highlight the sense of urgency.

Obviously I'm not making a direct comparison between Ideal World and a bunch of con men...

Latest posts

Back