Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She did indeed shows how low rent it is
just started watching and I heard Gen ask if she could have a break (4pm) to get a drink of water (begged) sort of cap in hand style. I think it is crazy that they don't have water bottles on set. I record the odd podcast and make various types of videos and I always make sure at the very least people are hydrated during the process. It would be very easy for them to to allow points in the programme where they are presenting 4 consecutive hours to have code words or signs for the presenter to discreetly have a drink or nip to the bathroom. They could produce more and better promos to allow more 'ad' breaks maybe make product info or show pre-recorded demos. I have seen live shows being made where water bottles are within reach and it is accepted that people may need to take a drink at some point.

Last edited:
It’s a manufactured shortage, really as a marketing device. Keep supply low and the desirability goes up. Personally speaking, I think Rolex are always exceptionally engineered but sturdy. They are the very best of the ‘workhorse’ watches - by which I mean you can always depend on them. But they aren’t Patek or A Lange & Sohne even though the prices are slowly climbing. They do hold that value, though. Unlike a Swan and Edgar!
If it were my own choice, I’d look at Tudor.
Thanks Prof/Hammy, might have a look at a Tudor/Omega at some stage , my only watch is an apple watch, I have a Marvin yellow gold watch with black strap that was my dads 'best' watch think it might have been a 21st present for him, not something id wear but a family keepsake.

just started watching and I heard Gen ask if she could have a break (4pm) to get a drink of water (begged) sort of cap in hand style. I think it is crazy that they don't have water bottles on set. I record the odd podcast and make various types of videos and I always make sure at the very least people are hydrated during the process. It would be very easy for them to to allow points in the programme where they are presenting 4 consecutive hours to have code words or signs for the presenter to discreetly have a drink or nip to the bathroom. They could produce more and better promos to allow more 'ad' breaks maybe make product info or show pre-recorded demos. I have seen live shows being made where water bottles are within reach and it is accepted that people may need to take a drink at some point.

Not sure if they provide water bottles or not, maybe up to the individual presenters, but have seen other presenters having a drink during shows, Sally had a hot chocolate yesterday and somebody else, one of the female presenters, can't remember who was caught taking a drink from their water bottles when a small VT break ended quicker than than expect.

Thanks Prof/Hammy, might have a look at a Tudor/Omega at some stage , my only watch is an apple watch, I have a Marvin yellow gold watch with black strap that was my dads 'best' watch think it might have been a 21st present for him, not something id wear but a family keepsake.

See Marvin are back on the go, looks like their main market is in the Far East these days but some nice watches in their line up.

It must hard going for them, genuinely, stuck there for four hours in a row, in that tiny studio, having to ask like a kid in detention to go to the toilet etc. I would imagine the money isn’t great either for the second tier ones. I bet they are not in top class hotels either for those presenters living too far away to drive home. Pretty lousy job really, it seems to me.

It must hard going for them, genuinely, stuck there for four hours in a row, in that tiny studio, having to ask like a kid in detention to go to the toilet etc. I would imagine the money isn’t great either for the second tier ones. I bet they are not in top class hotels either for those presenters living too far away to drive home. Pretty lousy job really, it seems to me.

There's a Travel Lodge quite close to the TJC studious. ;)

What TV award has Simon Peters won? I can think of a few for him.. Probably not the ones he’d want..Here he goes for another evening of okays and rights and Dr. Lobitoffs... The septic tank people were due to empty him, but they didn’t recognise him today - bent double, carrying a box of canes…Lovely Ladies buying tonight…Dorothy..Kenneth…William. He’s been selling the great fragrances for 50 years to air…When did he sell Packin Avan then?? I also don’t remember Armani on Bid-Up?

Has the Gammon not sold out, thought Mason said everyone wants it and the phones lines and internet were on meltdown.
We're going to have to limit this to one per customer because it is going to sell out. What a load of old bollox, in other words, create an air of panic because no one is buying. I've never heard of Gammon, makes me think of a mixed grill, and I certainly wouldn't buy it without smelling it at that price.

We're going to have to limit this to one per customer because it is going to sell out. What a load of old bollox, in other words, create an air of panic because no one is buying. I've never heard of Gammon, makes me think of a mixed grill, and I certainly wouldn't buy it without smelling it at that price.
When I was 13, we had a local corner shop, I got told I couldnt have a Panda Pop Bottle, because I wasn’t a little kid anymore

Latest posts

Back