Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

what do you guys who really know there watches on here think of the prices of Rolex Submariner no date and Sub Date - prices from resellers seem about 3-4k over list price with waiting times allegedly into 'years' ! is that a recent thing?! Are they really worth it?!

Not for me, but that's just my opinion, of course whether the value is worth it or not will differ from person to person, many are willing to pay, me no.

While i would like a Sub, and of course an Explorer, Daytona i'm not willing to splash out the money and the resulting service costs for having a Rolex, they are great watches and Rolex have the history and heritage and are one of the very few brands that make every piece of the watch themselves, they are a bit overpriced due to higher demand, not only from collectors but from those that wear them purely as a status symbol, lot more luxury brands, even higher luxury, out there than Rolex.

Me personally, if i was looking at a "luxury" watch to buy, would rather go down the price range that Tudor, Omega (although they're getting a bit pricey too now), Breitling, Grand Seiko etc sit in, lot of great watches within that price range.

So Shona said this is the last confirmed day they have any bike shows before Xmas
Please note she didn’t say which brand of bike she said any Bike Show
i will await with interest the truth of that comment.

yes I know I she said last confirmed and tomorrow that could change to.

We thought we wouldn’t be able to bring this back but…………

So Shona said this is the last confirmed day they have any bike shows before Xmas
Please note she didn’t say which brand of bike she said any Bike Show
i will await with interest the truth of that comment.

yes I know I she said last confirmed and tomorrow that could change to.

We thought we wouldn’t be able to bring this back but…………
They appear to say whatever they want whenever they want. Somebody there clearly thinks they are being very clever with word games. I assume the only time the ASA monitors them is when they receive a complaint they think worthy of investigation.

Shona with her usual super super busy been a sell out morning, everything selling out so be quick.

Funny, checking the youtube show for products shown morning against products which can still be ordered from teh web site and can only find one product that has sold out, the little ceramic plug in heaters, everything else is still in stock.

Now that could be a problem for Sally, as she gushed how great the brushes and the price were, she promised that if the Glindawand brush set didn't sell out today she'd show her bare backside on screen, frightening thought i know, but if they don't sell out by midnight i'm going to remind her of her promise. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Shona with her usual super super busy been a sell out morning, everything selling out so be quick.

Funny, checking the youtube show for products shown morning against products which can still be ordered from teh web site and can only find one product that has sold out, the little ceramic plug in heaters, everything else is still in stock.

Now that could be a problem for Sally, as she gushed how great the brushes and the price were, she promised that if the Glindawand brush set didn't sell out today she'd show her bare backside on screen, frightening thought i know, but if they don't sell out by midnight i'm going to remind her of her promise. :eek::ROFLMAO:
I’ve just bought 1000 to save us from that.

The whole fabulift story gets me

take an egg
divide the yoke and the white
throw the yoke away, use the white on your skin, don’t change your expression till it’s dried wait and see the results.

Pay an arm and a leg for a few additives that slow down the degradation.

they warn you not to use too much as you will get a visable white powder effect on your skin as it dries just as you would with egg white.
really time I got my coat ………….

They appear to say whatever they want whenever they want. Somebody there clearly thinks they are being very clever with word games. I assume the only time the ASA monitors them is when they receive a complaint they think worthy of investigation.
One thing i picked up on with ASA, from the wording of their reply on my complaint regarding CCCP watches on IW, is there seems to be two types of investigations, an Informal Investigation & Formal Investigation, the former seems to be their primary method where they just investigate that one issue that the complaint is for, and if the response from the transgressor is to their liking they leave it at that, which they decided with my complaint, ie IW promised staff would receive training and it wouldn't happen again, so ASA decided that settled the issue and they wouldn't be opening a formal investigation.

Some time later ASA asked me how i thought they handled my complaint, told them it was a waste of time as the same transgression were committed by the same presenter and guest, for the same CCCP brand and exact same watch a few weeks after IW's promises of "that it wouldn't happen again".

They even let her use the studio one…

IMG_2141.jpeg

what do you guys who really know there watches on here think of the prices of Rolex Submariner no date and Sub Date - prices from resellers seem about 3-4k over list price with waiting times allegedly into 'years' ! is that a recent thing?! Are they really worth it?!
It’s a manufactured shortage, really as a marketing device. Keep supply low and the desirability goes up. Personally speaking, I think Rolex are always exceptionally engineered but sturdy. They are the very best of the ‘workhorse’ watches - by which I mean you can always depend on them. But they aren’t Patek or A Lange & Sohne even though the prices are slowly climbing. They do hold that value, though. Unlike a Swan and Edgar!
If it were my own choice, I’d look at Tudor.

Latest posts

Back