Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is it me or is idealworld is going downhill like bidtv last days. Also alot of weird brand names like stk smartphones never heard of them. Big brands do not want to be associated with certain presenters and idealworld.

Is it me or is idealworld is going downhill like bidtv last days. Also alot of weird brand names like stk smartphones never heard of them. Big brands do not want to be associated with certain presenters and idealworld.

I don't think it's going down hill, too many good things on their website, I would however love to push the Bid Twateraratti down one though.

If it wasn't for the fashion (and possibly the crafting) I think Ideal would be completely buggered like Bid.

If it wasn't for the fashion (and possibly the crafting) I think Ideal would be completely buggered like Bid.

Yeah I do like the fashion, bought lots, saying that though I do like the majority of what they sell, it's the Bid ^*+%* that are stripping it of all credibility that's why I shop predominantly on their website.

Yeah I do like the fashion, bought lots, saying that though I do like the majority of what they sell, it's the Bid ^*+%* that are stripping it of all credibility that's why I shop predominantly on their website.

Do you work for Ideal World, shopperholic? You seem to be shilling desperately just like the presenters do. The last time I bought anything from IW was over six months ago. The products have gone down in quality, the presenters more desperate. It's a complete joke now...

If anyone wants to buy the Nutribullet Pro 15 Piece Bundle and Recipe Book on Ideal World (which in fairness is a good price) you can get exactly the same bundle in Argos for a little bit less.

Ideal World £105.98 Delivered (3 x FlexiPay)
Argos £103.20 Delivered or pick up in store (buy now, pay in 6 or 7 months later interest free)

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/nutribullet-pro-15-piece-bundle-with-nutribullet-recipe-book-376532?fh_location=//IdealWorld/en_GB/$s=Nutribullet%20pro

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3392588.htm#pdpFullDesc

Hayley Green is making some pretty bold claims. She said use it for 14 days and then, direct quote, word for word:-

'Have it every morning for breakfast, you will not believe how much more energised you'll feel within those 14 days, how your hair seems to be in a better condition, how your nails seem to be a little bit stronger'

Never mind the outrageous claims about energy, hair and nails but what is 'it' that she's referring to that you have for breakfast every morning? 'ooh, what a lovely glass of "it", just look at my energy, nails and hair'.

Definitely a candidate for the Advertising Standards Authority, absolutely no question about it. That's too much much spiel I'm afraid :down:

If anyone wants to buy the Nutribullet Pro 15 Piece Bundle and Recipe Book on Ideal World (which in fairness is a good price) you can get exactly the same bundle in Argos for a little bit less.

Ideal World £105.98 Delivered (3 x FlexiPay)
Argos £103.20 Delivered or pick up in store (buy now, pay in 6 or 7 months later interest free)

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/nutribullet-pro-15-piece-bundle-with-nutribullet-recipe-book-376532?fh_location=//IdealWorld/en_GB/$s=Nutribullet%20pro

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3392588.htm#pdpFullDesc

Hayley Green is making some pretty bold claims. She said use it for 14 days and then, direct quote, word for word:-

'Have it every morning for breakfast, you will not believe how much more energised you'll feel within those 14 days, how your hair seems to be in a better condition, how your nails seem to be a little bit stronger'

Never mind the outrageous claims about energy, hair and nails but what is 'it' that she's referring to that you have for breakfast every morning? 'ooh, what a lovely glass of "it", just look at my energy, nails and hair'.

Definitely a candidate for the Advertising Standards Authority, absolutely no question about it. That's too much much spiel I'm afraid :down:

A lot of people can't get credit Wirral to get the Argos one, I know they won't accept it back too if you've used it and changed your mind, you can return it to Argos unused though. I did a juice diet for a week using fruit and veg and did feel amazing after it, can't speak for my hair or nails being any better because I never noticed, but I did feel great though after one week. It did bore the poop out of me.......literally.

A lot of people can't get credit Wirral to get the Argos one, I know they won't accept it back too if you've used it and changed your mind, you can return it to Argos unused though. I did a juice diet for a week using fruit and veg and did feel amazing after it, can't speak for my hair or nails being any better because I never noticed, but I did feel great though after one week. It did bore the poop out of me.......literally.

I can't comment further on the presentation, I'll leave it at what I said.

But perhaps if people can't get just £100 credit (real credit from a responsible lender that credit checks prior to offering a credit agreement) then perhaps it's irresponsible of Ideal World and QVC to be offering payment terms to all and sundry which, lets be absolutely clear, isn't even credit, there's no credit agreement therefore no 'hard' credit checks are performed. It's a Continuous Repayment Authority, nothing more.

That's how these channels survive, I don't think it's anything to pat either of them on the back for. It can be downright dangerous. :down:

I can't comment further on the presentation, I'll leave it at what I said.

But perhaps if people can't get just £100 credit (real credit from a responsible lender that credit checks prior to offering a credit agreement) then perhaps it's irresponsible of Ideal World and QVC to be offering payment terms to all and sundry which lets be absolutely clear isn't even credit, there's no credit agreement therefore no 'hard' credit checks are performed.

That's how these channels survive, I don't think it's anything to pat either of them on the back for. It can be downright dangerous. :down:

Argos are really strict when it comes to credit and can deny it for all sorts of reason, a friend of my husbands had a big fight with them to prove that it was the people who owned the house before him and his wife that had bad credit, not them. So after a while Argos succumbed but he told them to stick it, he wouldn't shop with them now on principle. I told him I don't know why he didn't just buy it first but he said the credit would've been handy because he had to gut the house out from top to bottom, but he ended up going elsewhere. You think someone who had a mortgage on a £300.000 house would be able to get credit but they must've fell into financial difficulties, which is sad but my husbands friend felt the knock on effect from the previous owners, and he can more than afford to pay flexi-pays and credit, but I get your point Wirral, it's the same with QVC.

I'm just adding, meant to say Ideal World and QVC do do credit checks, they started a while back.

Last edited:
Argos are really strict when it comes to credit and can deny it for all sorts of reason, a friend of my husbands had a big fight with them to prove that it was the people who owned the house before him and his wife that had bad credit, not them. So after a while Argos succumbed but he told them to stick it, he wouldn't shop with them now on principle. I told him I don't know why he didn't just buy it first but he said the credit would've been handy because he had to gut the house out from top to bottom, but he ended up going elsewhere. You think someone who had a mortgage on a £300.000 house would be able to get credit but they must've fell into financial difficulties, which is sad but my husbands friend felt the knock on effect from the previous owners, and he can more than afford to pay flexi-pays and credit, but I get your point Wirral, it's the same with QVC.

I'm just adding, meant to say QVC do do credit checks.

QVC do not perform 'hard' credit checks and nor do Ideal World. Hard credit checks look at a credit applicants 6 year account history and can only be performed by a regulated establishment when a potential offer of credit is being considered following an application from an individual. QVC and Ideal World do not this because they don't offer credit, Easy Buy and Flexipay isn't credit, if it was you must be legally provided with a Credit Agreement which you aren't. The term 'Credit Check' is much misunderstood, people often believe any kind of enquiry with a Credit Reference Agency is a 'Credit Check' but it isn't.

QVC and Ideal World only perform ID and address history Checks with the Credit Reference Agencies to identify if a customer had has previous accounts at a different address.

QVC do not perform 'hard' credit checks and nor do Ideal World. If they did they'd have to offer a credit agreement which they don't because they don't offer credit.

QVC and Ideal World perform ID and address history checks to identify if they've had previous accounts.

When I used to shop with QVC, years ago I bought a TV and I think it was something about £250, it was a while back. It seemed to be stuck in process for almost a week so when I rang I asked what was taking so long, she told me finance were doing a credit check as they do for items over a certain amount, I told her I'd been a customer (then for about 15 years) but she wasn't interested, finance were doing a credit check and that was that, as it happens it arrived used and faulty and they got it back.

When I used to shop with QVC, years ago I bought a TV and I think it was something about £250, it was a while back. It seemed to be stuck in process for almost a week so when I rang I asked what was taking so long, she told me finance were doing a credit check as they do for items over a certain amount, I told her I'd been a customer (then for about 15 years) but she wasn't interested, finance were doing a credit check and that was that, as it happens it arrived used and faulty and they got it back.

As I said the term 'Credit Check' is bandied about, often wrongly. QVC check an individual's ID and Address History and particularly with high cost items, my friend worked there and told me all about it but you can see from your Experian file what checks they do and they aren't 'hard' credit checks', they're not allowed to.

It's dead simple. QVC do not offer credit, they aren't licenced to and nor are Ideal World. Easy Buy & Flexipay isn't credit, if it was you'd have a Credit Agreement for it and absolutely nobody has. It's as simple as that Shops, it's how these outfits survive and it's why you simply don't widely see such payment terms offered elsewhere. It isn't credit.

It's aimed to accommodate, amongst others, a certain demographic which the Selly Telly channels have clearly identified as a large part of their potential audiences. This certainly originally included older viewers with little or no credit history although that will be a shrinking group these days.

QVC used to offer 'proper' credit via their Account Card but that was a different beast altogether and has long since been canned. :mysmilie_59:

I know it's not "credit" as we think of credit, but QVC do check that you're able to pay and haven't got CCJs and the likes, anyone can go on line and check someone's credit rating, QVC check that you're able to pay for an item through the back door, they still offer easy-pays and because they're not over more than four months it's not credit, I know if they spread an item over say eight months, it would then be called "credit" but if a new customer bought a £1000 telly today, believe me QVC will check that you're going to pay you're not going to do a runner, they wouldn't take the risk. Anyway, we'll leave leave it at that now hey and let's get back to the more important things, dirty old farts and aggressive, woman hating baldy coots!

I know it's not "credit" as we think of credit, but QVC do check that you're able to pay and haven't got CCJs and the likes, anyone can go on line and check someone's credit rating, QVC check that you're able to pay for an item through the back door, they still offer easy-pays and because they're not over more than four months it's not credit, I know if they spread an item over say eight months, it would then be called "credit" but if a new customer bought a £1000 telly today, believe me QVC will check that you're going to pay you're not going to do a runner, they wouldn't take the risk. Anyway, we'll leave leave it at that now hey and let's get back to the more important things, dirty old farts and aggressive, woman hating baldy coots!

No I'm sorry Shops, what you're saying is absolutely wrong about QVC and Credit Checks. What you're suggesting is illegal.

If what you totally erroneously suggest was the case Credit Reference Agencies are breaking all manner of regulations by allowing this organisation access to such information. If you have any evidence that they have carried out such checks, and been provided with, such information about you I suggest you absolutely pursue it. It is completely not allowed.

Would they let a brand new customer buy a £1000 telly on EasyBuy as a first order? (would Ideal World do similar for a £1000 3D Printer?), the truth is I have no idea. But their decision wouldn't, couldn't be, based on having access to highly confidential 6 year financial data that they have absolutely no legal right to, only ID and address history information :mysmilie_59:

This ones particularly informative. https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071201025843AAqIw2S The bottom one says friend of QVC employee, but jets agreed to disagree hey.

I don't care what a chat board comment from a friend of an employee says.

You cannot have such information when you don't offer credit. And that's it, but playing devils advocate if QVC do do this, and they don't, then is there not a chance Ideal World do too? But they don't either.

And that's all I have to say except no Credit Agreement = No Credit Being Offered = No 'Hard' Credit Check and to suggest otherwise is a complete fabrication and every bit as big a whopper as anything you'll hear on Ideal World when Peter Simon is on (and QVC when Lee is on) :mysmilie_59:

So it's lunchtime and Baby Jane is in her umpteenth change of clothes today.

But still no sign of that wardrobe of fabulousness that she's supposedly bought from Ideal World. Maybe Polyester isn't so good with those hot Studio Lights? She'd no doubt be sweating like a Weight Watcher in Gregg's :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

And I must say that Bev Bad Hare looks like Frankie Howerd :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpg

I recently heard presenter Joanne tell us that she was ordering new carpets for her home when someone at Ideal World said 'Joanne-before you but new carpets try the Bissell !'
Joanne did try the Bissell and guess what ? She didn't need those new carpets after all !

Today presenter Hayley told us exactly the same story, except that it was her who nearly bought the new carpets.

It's a small world at Ideal World !

No wonder they ' really are incredibly busy '.

Latest posts

Back