Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DP also hasn't explained that there are three different sets of six lights: 1) pentagon, 2) hexagon and 3) octagon. Not helped by the fact that he's demonstrating a mix 6 lights from the three different sets as if they're a set the viewers will receive.

IW makes the old sit-up.tv channels look like QVC
I watched this - - - unfortunately

The channel was being discussed on that BBC morning show after Breakfast today. I only caught the end of it, but the gist appeared to be people who are out of pocket from the previous incarnation of the channel, not being assisted by the new one. With TJC, releasing a statement to the effect of they were sorry for the issues people who are past customers are encountering, but they didn’t purchase the customer lists and accounts in that context, and so are not responsible for recompensing these people now. Perhaps they should remember that stance when their presenters present the context of Ideal World being a channel of many years standing, when clearly, when it comes to reimbursement of long-standing customers, their bosses say this is a brand new start version.

The channel was being discussed on that BBC morning show after Breakfast today. I only caught the end of it, but the gist appeared to be people who are out of pocket from the previous incarnation of the channel, not being assisted by the new one. With TJC, releasing a statement to the effect of they were sorry for the issues people who are past customers are encountering, but they didn’t purchase the customer lists and accounts in that context, and so are not responsible for recompensing these people now. Perhaps they should remember that stance when their presenters present the context of Ideal World being a channel of many years standing, when clearly, when it comes to reimbursement of long-standing customers, their bosses say this is a brand new start version.
Perhaps the presenters should keep their heads down a bit.
Foghorn,Dirty Peter,especially with the rattan farce.
Not your fault is it🤣
People still out of pocket and they have the temerity,to spout the longevity of the channel,no you went bust and you were fronting the rubbish right up to the end 🤬

Last edited:
Watching the whiskey granite stones plus two glasses in a box set
was already thinking « just buy the stones » but also wondering why you need them.
so off I went to Google and the following made me smile so I thought I would share it.

What experts say about whiskey stones​

"Whiskey Stones? Arguably one of the most pointless, ephemeral gimmicks to ever curse the world of spirits," says Ewan Morgan, Head of Whisky Outreach at Diageo. "The ones made of stone scratch your glassware, the metal ones clank around your glass like a robot falling down stairs and they just don’t stay cold! Using them is also counterintuitive as whiskey tastes and smells better at room temperature. They would have been comfortably at home in the original SkyMall (RIP) along with the life-size ‘Garden Sasquatch’ and other pointless gifts that are destined for the landfill."

Watching the whiskey granite stones plus two glasses in a box set
was already thinking « just buy the stones » but also wondering why you need them.
so off I went to Google and the following made me smile so I thought I would share it.

What experts say about whiskey stones​

"Whiskey Stones? Arguably one of the most pointless, ephemeral gimmicks to ever curse the world of spirits," says Ewan Morgan, Head of Whisky Outreach at Diageo. "The ones made of stone scratch your glassware, the metal ones clank around your glass like a robot falling down stairs and they just don’t stay cold! Using them is also counterintuitive as whiskey tastes and smells better at room temperature. They would have been comfortably at home in the original SkyMall (RIP) along with the life-size ‘Garden Sasquatch’ and other pointless gifts that are destined for the landfill."

Just as well we drink Whisky up here and not Whiskey. ;)

Only joking, always wondered why they used Whiskey as opposed to Whisky for the stones till found out the original makers trademark the name "Whisky Stones", so everyone else that copied, had to pay royalties or use "Whiskey Stones" name instead.

Seen it all now vintage feather pen and wax stamp. Remind me what century this is again.
It would possibly make a good JOKE prezzy with a certificate for say something like a ballon ride, day at silverstone etc hidden under the base card but risks the recipient throwing the box in the bin before they find the real prezzy unless your there to stop them.

Just as well we drink Whisky up here and not Whiskey. ;)

Only joking, always wondered why they used Whiskey as opposed to Whisky for the stones till found out the original makers trademark the name "Whisky Stones", so everyone else that copied, had to pay royalties or use "Whiskey Stones" name instead.
Not really sure why the stones are called whiskey stones. I was gonna type whisky but ideal and the site I found were calling them whiskey so thought it best to use their spelling 😆

I’m sure the presenters would have made it out like, IW just decided to go for a summer holiday if they could

How many of the previous version‘s customers have been affected? For me, the decent thing to have done would to have taken on the issues of any out of pocket Ideal World customers when they launched this one. I mean…the TJC owners’ are not short, are they? Apart from the abject dull
and tacky stuff they try and sell in such repeated numbers, for that refusal to help people out of pocket alone, I would never buy anything from them.

How many of the previous version‘s customers have been affected? For me, the decent thing to have done would to have taken on the issues of any out of pocket Ideal World customers when they launched this one. I mean…the TJC owners’ are not short, are they? Apart from the abject dull
and tacky stuff they try and sell in such repeated numbers, for that refusal to help people out of pocket alone, I would never buy anything from them.

While it sounds like a nice idea, nae sure they could have done that though, all they've aquired from the Adminstrator is the trade name, a freeview channel slot, and some equipment, aquiring some of the financial/customer aspects of the old Ideal World might end up with them having to take on some of the old business's others debts as well, remember customer debts are low down on the priorities for the Administrators, the redundant employee wages, Sports Direct and Tax man come first.

Ideal World turning into Shop Extra😂
Quick send for DEN 👵🏻
CanWeComeBAck.jpg

Latest posts

Back