Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s the shopping channel equivalent of a free transfer from Fleetwood Town to Real Madrid. I’m sure he must feel after 23 years that he’s finally made it.

Yeah and after 20 years on IW where he pretended Garden bargains had a nursery and was the supplier of the plants he's finally being honest and stating You Gardens is the supplier, of course now they are his employer he has too. :ROFLMAO:

I‘ve got a Scott one that prefers now not for me to take it out. When I did my seven or so rides on it, battery life very much relied on the terrain and the level of assistance I employed. I suspect that 35 miles stated range would rapidly decrease if you were going up hills frequently on maximum battery assistance.

It's a bit like the cordless vacuums, they always quote the extreme limit on the low power mode, where as the high power mode is substantially less., ie 50 mins on low power, 15 mins on high power.

Nice to see Tim Britton back doing fitness products. One of the best real experts they had.

I liked Tim until I saw his Instagram. He's a total grifter. Spewing nonsense (in-between trying desperately hard to make money as a collagen pill affiliate marketer/fitness influencer, which he's about 40 years too old for) about why poor people need to stop resenting the rich because actually being born into money doesn't give you a break in life at all, smiling more does. If you want to stop being poor, smile.

Forget donating beans and bog roll to yer local food bank - give 'em a poster with Tim's wise words on instead.

I did feel,sorry for Peter selling that Sewing Kit last night, he didn’t have a clue
I don’t usually feel sorry for him at all, but like you, it seemed like he’d been handed this sewing kit about two minutes before he formally introduced it on air. Even with his extravagant, malapropism scattered vocabulary, he struggled to get out of as enthused as being stuck in a 100 foot long queue of smelly old heads, waiting for the urinals in the interval at a Wishbone Ash concert mode.

Well i'm the opposite, because we've been told by some of other presenters that their working days are not just confined to on screen hours but off screen they have to prepare for shows, they go through what they are selling in meetings with the show producer/director etc.

maybe certain presenters think they are above such preperations or maybe they attend and it in goes in one ear and out the other. ;)

How much longer can they go on selling the walking sticks? Natalia was on with them earlier, now we have Gen, and they've all had surgery and would have found it useful. Gen and her husband, and Sally last night, all of them have had surgery.

If there's a medical condition that is related to a product they are selling, then every presenter has either suffered from that condition or a family member has. ;)

Well i'm the opposite, because we've been told by some of other presenters that their working days are not just confined to on screen hours but off screen they have to prepare for shows, they go through what they are selling in meetings with the show producer/director etc.

maybe certain presenters think they are above such preperations or maybe they attend and it in goes in one ear and out the other. ;)

Yeah, Peter is forever talking about how in "the production meeting earlier we were all just saying…" how marvellous/amazing/what a steal/amazing price whatever they're selling is*. He would've know what he was selling that day. And known it was… Not really worth £14.99. You can pick those sort of sets up for £5 in most bargain home stores. I bought one once and the thread quality was incredibly poor (I mean, that's why the thread is in a cheap set and not being sold fir more on its own).

He wasn't struggling because he didn't know what the product was, or hadn't time to prepare for it, he was struggling because even his mastery of BS couldn't quite cover how pitiful and pointless an offering it was for a channel that is (allegedly) "one of the biggest retailers in the UK".

*which always makes those "IS THAT THE PRICE? THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT… SOMEONE'S MADE A MISTAKE" routines the more obvious: they know what they're bringing to air, and at what price. They need to know the price so they can do all the build up about "how much would you expect to pay for one of these?" nonsense with inflated supposed high street/garden center prices.

I LOVE SELLY TELLY <3 <3 <£

Last edited:
Yeah, Peter is forever talking about how in "the production meeting earlier we were all just saying…" how marvellous/amazing/what a steal/amazing price whatever they're selling is*. He would've know what he was selling that day. And known it was… Not really worth £14.99. You can pick those sort of sets up for £5 in most bargain home stores. I bought one once and the thread quality was incredibly poor (I mean, that's why the thread is in a cheap set and not being sold fir more on its own)

*which always makes those "IS THAT THE PRICE? THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT… SOMEONE'S MADE A MISTAKE" routines the more obvious: they know what they're bringing to air, and at what price. They need to know the price so they can do all the build up about "how much would you expect to pay for one of these?" nonsense with inflated supposed high street/garden center prices.

I LOVE SELLY TELLY <3 <3 <£

It's even more stupid and obvious when Reynolds got involved and would make faces and pretend to be unhappy at the prices. What IW sell atdoesn't effect him in the slightest, whether they make a big or low profit, he'll still get paid the wholesale price he sold it to them for.

How much longer can they go on selling the walking sticks? Natalia was on with them earlier, now we have Gen, and they've all had surgery and would have found it useful. Gen and her husband, and Sally last night, all of them have had surgery.
I wonder what their spiel would be if they had to flog a parachute? Maybe something like ...

'I was on a flight home from my holiday last summer and this would definitely have come in useful. Somebody kept on farting and the cabin was STINKING! If I'd had this I could have exited the plane in a safe manner and gently floated down to the ground.'

So you know when they do that "Po's in, Tinky-Winky's in, Lala's in, Dennice's producer's in…" routine - I don't think it means they've bought anything yet. I think it just means someone who is logged in on the IW website is looking at the product page, and they read out the account name.

Cos the other night during a watch show Peter reeled off the name of someone who was supposedly "in" on a Swan & Edgar Tourbillon — the exquisite pinnacle of watch making, a crown jewel that few of us could ever aspire to own, etc etc. After a few minutes he got SUPER aggressive/desperate demanding they check out, addressing them personally by name to stress the value, the savings, the opportunity, how, and he really did mean this, he didn't want them to miss out and kick themselves, they must insure it, get it valued etc.

After about 4 minutes of pleading he did a "have they checked out?" question to the gallery and clearly didn't get a "yes" - he looked so pi*sed off and …moved on.

There was a different model: "the blue has sold out", chucks it off screen, "that's gone… well done to all those who got it" …only for it reappear 5 minutes later. "Only 3 left of the blue…"

Last edited:
What the actual feck?!?

I've just looked at the live feed and he's flogging a security light or whatever it is. He's just walked from behind the display to get closer to the camera. Doing that STUPID gurning and licking his lips. Disgusting. Then, no doubt to encourage his antics, they put music on that he starts moving around to!

Deary deary me. Fun to watch? Maybe for some. But for all the wrong reasons.

I just think it looks bargain basement and tbh, pathetic.

What the actual feck?!?

I've just looked at the live feed and he's flogging a security light or whatever it is. He's just walked from behind the display to get closer to the camera. Doing that STUPID gurning and licking his lips. Disgusting. Then, no doubt to encourage his antics, they put music on that he starts moving around to!

Deary deary me. Fun to watch? Maybe for some. But for all the wrong reasons.

I just think it looks bargain basement and tbh, pathetic.
He was talking about his back passage being dark, now he's on about wearing crystal door knobs as earrings!

Latest posts

Back