Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Glenn..Ghia…Gene..The Irish lady presenter is saying this is the cheapest price (£649.99) she can ever remember a folding eBike sold for on Ideal World. ‘Ever‘ suggests she istaking into account Ideal World over her many years there, and not a few weeks only of the new operation. Now, I’m not saying that she is not telling the truth to her recall. I seem to remember similar bikes sold at £599 previously. But equally, how can her claim or mine ever be checked properly. There’s no records kept. Also, this isn’t the same Ideal World as she remembers. That went bust. This is a completely new operation, based in a different place and owned by a different company. Essentially, this is the first or is it the second appearance of electric bikes on the new channel. You can only really accurately compare the price from then. And from memory, today’s price matches the price the previous time they appeared - a week or two ago.

When they say you can go 35 miles on the bike or is that 17.5 miles each way
I‘ve got a Scott one that prefers now not for me to take it out. When I did my seven or so rides on it, battery life very much relied on the terrain and the level of assistance I employed. I suspect that 35 miles stated range would rapidly decrease if you were going up hills frequently on maximum battery assistance.

It’s the shopping channel equivalent of a free transfer from Fleetwood Town to Real Madrid. I’m sure he must feel after 23 years that he’s finally made it.
I remember him as a guest on QVC years ago, with some epoxy/repair mastic that you melted and could mould into some thing to fix your broken saucepan handle etc. shortly after that he got the job at IW Mk1.

I did feel,sorry for Peter selling that Sewing Kit last night, he didn’t have a clue
I don’t usually feel sorry for him at all, but like you, it seemed like he’d been handed this sewing kit about two minutes before he formally introduced it on air. Even with his extravagant, malapropism scattered vocabulary, he struggled to get out of as enthused as being stuck in a 100 foot long queue of smelly old heads, waiting for the urinals in the interval at a Wishbone Ash concert mode.

I did feel,sorry for Peter selling that Sewing Kit last night, he didn’t have a clue
How much longer can they go on selling the walking sticks? Natalia was on with them earlier, now we have Gen, and they've all had surgery and would have found it useful. Gen and her husband, and Sally last night, all of them have had surgery.

How much longer can they go on selling the walking sticks? Natalia was on with them earlier, now we have Gen, and they've all had surgery and would have found it useful. Gen and her husband, and Sally last night, all of them have had surgery.
What I’ve also noticed some of them doing, is adopting a
pained look, and a faux frail or limping gate when they hold the cane. That’s about as bad as somebody with good eyesight wearing a blindfold and stumbling around Tesco for ten minutes saying they now know what it feels like to be blind. If you are going to have a disability focused product to sell, and then have that product on more or less constantly, at least have somebody demonstrating it who is actually disabled, so we can get a proper perspective of its usefulness or not. Is Treadmill Jenny still looking for a new gig?

Latest posts

Back