Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It seems to be same sh..different day on The Jewellery Channel. Starting off items at ridiculously high prices to create some misguided impression to the gullible that when they drop them down to the original intended price, you have some massive saving to gain. They were doing that sort of stuff on the auction channels years ago. And where are the auction channels now? The channel is very much like Ideal World but without any humour of any description for most of the time. Hodgson is mildly amusing at times, but where does the he is one of the few ‘honest’ sales people in this line of work generate from? It’s the same BS essentially from all of them, across any channel. Just waiting for my text from Ricky Rattan to get through the system..

It seems to be same sh..different day on The Jewellery Channel. Starting off items at ridiculously high prices to create some misguided impression to the gullible that when they drop them down to the original intended price, you have some massive saving to gain. They were doing that sort of stuff on the auction channels years ago. And where are the auction channels now? The channel is very much like Ideal World but without any humour of any description for most of the time. Hodgson is mildly amusing at times, but where does the he is one of the few ‘honest’ sales people in this line of work generate from? It’s the same BS essentially from all of them, across any channel. Just waiting for my text from Ricky Rattan to get through the system..
These channels obviously think their viewers have the attention span and memory of a newt. It's actually laughable and not in a funny way. Even if they do it thinking most viewers only watch for short periods at a time, it's still laughable because regardless of when someone watches, it's the same ploy each and every time, rinse and repeat of the highest order. Like some sort of time warp on constant repeat.

6pm
Okay now I'm selling you this.
It's going down to HOW MUCH?!? (pretending to speak to someone behind the scenes.)
These prices are ridiculous!!! (shakes head, looks shocked.)

6.10pm
It's going down to HOW MUCH?!? (pretending to speak to someone behind the scenes.)

6.20pm

6.30pm

etc etc etc ...

they’ve got handbags on now, they. Done 4 drops on the same poxy bag
Let me guess ...

Starting price: £1,000,000,000,000,000.00

Final price: £29.99

We should cut them some slack. This type of selling takes place all the time. I went to my local car dealership the other day and the salesperson said to me 'That model could sell all day long at £160,000 sir. However we actually sell it for £25,000, which in no way reflects the true value.'

Let me guess ...

Starting price: £1,000,000,000,000,000.00

Final price: £29.99

We should cut them some slack. This type of selling takes place all the time. I went to my local car dealership the other day and the salesperson said to me 'That model could sell all day long at £160,000 sir. However we actually sell it for £25,000, which in no way reflects the true value.'
They went from 599.99 down to 29.99

Well I did say in my TJC post their price-lowering on TV was their standard modus operandi.
If you locate item on their website it's already at the 'final price' the TV channel ends up at.
They even say at start the price will go down. And everybody pays the final price.

Just like the old price-drop TV!

Guess it's just a way to create interest and lengthen the sales pitch over a few minutes, rather than immediate here's the price. Creates TV tension for those just watching TV.

On the TJC app (mobile) the item is below the TV stream at final price!

Now spinning BS that there were no iPhones 12 years ago...Just say whatever you like... Don't worry about the facts.
No iPhone 12, 12 years ago!

But only 4 years out. Thought they were earlier than 2007!

29 June 2007

The iPhone (retroactively referred to as the iPhone 2G, iPhone 1, or original iPhone) is the first iPhone model and the first smartphone designed and marketed by Apple Inc. After years of rumors and speculation, it was officially announced on January 9, 2007, and was released in the United States on June 29, 2007.

No, saving that for Shop Extra, Papa fields isn't worth the effort, he's an utter joke, as is TJC. Says all you need to know about TJC that they have someone like him on the screen, he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a shopping channel. Have watched a few of their shows and they're just as bad as IW for spouting bullshit, just that they're more boring, excruciatingly boring :sleep:, at it. TJC presenters are a cure for insomnia.
Different Hammy then😀😁

Looks as though they're waiting to see one of Richard's drones appear ...

365996432_10161208361629400_7099655937240167266_n.jpg

These channels obviously think their viewers have the attention span and memory of a newt. It's actually laughable and not in a funny way. Even if they do it thinking most viewers only watch for short periods at a time, it's still laughable because regardless of when someone watches, it's the same ploy each and every time, rinse and repeat of the highest order. Like some sort of time warp on constant repeat.

6pm

6.10pm

6.20pm

6.30pm

etc etc etc ...
You forgot the addendum, "are you sure this price is correct? Someone's made a mistake, no? Oh well, if that's what it says on screen we'll *have to* sell it at that..."
🤣

Happened a lot on IW watch shows too...

Was it just a jewellery channel once then
Yeah, originally TJC and Indian owner VGL was just jewellery, export, sourcing own gems, and retail premises and then expanded into homeware/lifestyle.
UK TJC was a purchase of TV/site.

TJC UK actually renamed ShopTJC at companies house to reflect wider offerings. The Trust, Joy, Community made-up acronyms, to emulate competitors is a bit schmaltzy, but feeding kids meals per order is honourable.

Many of their items have ShopTJC/ShopLC (USA) imprint and made for them. Not always hawking Chinese kit as-is.

At least they're not another Chinese operation.

Latest posts

Back