Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flexi pay is in house ClearPay isn't, Ideal will have lower costs with Flexi Pay probably why you see it pushed more than the external offer
Wondering if Flexi-pay method does a credit check first? ClearPay probably doesn't.
Never used, like another poster here said earlier, pay full amount and never on "HP", so no chance of debt.

P S. The Irish couple are on together flogging Rattan and Towels!

I think Clearpay (the tougher one to get) does a hard search on applicants. As I remember, when they used to promote it, you could actually pay over up to 12 months in a form of some sort of credit agreement rather than without a valid debit or credit card option only a la Flexipay. Flexipay doesn’t need to credit search because you only get that form of extended payment terms with the input of a valid credit or debit card, which in turn will protect the ‘lender’ from any default fears. I am also assuming that if your credit or debit card was in good order when you gave those details and subsequently you don’t have any money/credit left on it, then the bank or the credit card company is responsible for paying in full the extended payment terms amount back to Ideal World.

I suspect that a number of their potential customers were declined for Clearpay, and IW seemed to then focus more on the Flexipay method option of payment - on-air at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearpay is a "soft search" which in theory doesn't affect your credit profile. However, these days when applying for a mortgage you almost have to explain every penny and I doubt having Clearpay/Klarna/whatever the rest of them are called would go down particularly well with a lender.

I am not advertising here as I have never used it but Clearpay seems to have a good reputation for this field anyway looks like if you miss even one payment on the line of credit they provide they straight away stop any further access to using that line of credit which is sensible.

Ideal is certainly not afraid to send the boys around it seems after a while (terms and conditions from Ideal website)

We will attempt to collect an instalment three times before handing it over to a debt collection agency. On the second and third attempt we will add £15.00, plus VAT administration charge to your account.
If you have still not paid, all outstanding payments due for your items (the missed instalments and any future instalments otherwise due at a later date) will be payable immediately in full, together with the combined £30, plus VAT administration charge.
A debt collection agency will be instructed to recover these amounts from you who will add additional charges to the debt. Document and administration charges of 14% plus VAT will be added when the agency is instructed to recover the debt. This charge will be increased to 29% plus VAT if a doorstep collection is required.
Failure to settle the account with the debt collection agency may result in legal action being taken against you and any legal fees and costs added to your debt.

That didn't work this might

Report from September 2022 you need
Thanks. It's all a bit confusing, but is that from the old Ideal Shopping incarnation that was in administration and then voluntary liquidation since 2021 to 23.
I note this company changed registered business address from Newark in 2022 to administrators in Sutton, 1 Allen Place:
Accountants/insolvency liquidation experts.

Then its assets were bought by Mojaria, and his business renamed to Ideal World and then SDI Ashley involvement.

So many Ideal World /Shopping / Direct incarnations on Companies house.

Thanks. It's all a bit confusing, but is that from the old Ideal Shopping incarnation that was in administration and then voluntary liquidation since 2021 to 23.
I note this company changed registered business address from Newark in 2022 to administrators in Sutton, 1 Allen Place:
Accountants/insolvency liquidation experts.

Then its assets were bought by Mojaria, and his business renamed to Ideal World and then SDI Ashley involvement.

So many Ideal World /Shopping / Direct incarnations on Companies house.

Saying the least ;)

I have little sympathy for the presenters but you never know the lines they may have been fed through this period to keep them doing the gig

I would be amazed especially with the frequency that they seem to have left over the past 18 months (judging by the on-air mentions) that at least some of the behind-the-camera staff haven't been treated appallingly. The production quality has certainly dropped massively

They were actually doing some rather good, professionally made promos a year or so back? Is it me, or have most of those disappeared now? It is now a very, very low rent feel in terms of the quality of the studio work and the in between stuff. The kind of ’production’ you could knock out in a large Photo-Me booth. I suppose as the money runs out, the first thing to suffer will be the quality of the broadcasting.

They were actually doing some rather good, professionally made promos a year or so back? Is it me, or have most of those disappeared now? It is now a very, very low rent feel in terms of the quality of the studio work and the in between stuff. The kind of ’production’ you could knock out in a large Photo-Me booth. I suppose as the money runs out, the first thing to suffer will be the quality of the broadcasting.
Yep agreed i think I commented then they looked a lot higher quality I wonder if they got in a higher end company to make them as they looked on a different level

I'd assume IW pay ITV for use of their channel/schedule. And someone is saving cash outlay, hence removal from ITV and the earlier VMedia/ satellite platforms I read. Somebody is cost-cutting.

On another good news note, my 2 Invigor8 towels, red & blue, £1.32 each plus 89p (now 99p *max* p&p!!!) @£3.53 total from arrived from TSSC earlier in the week 2 days after order. Just wanted to try ,'em:
Now Highly Recommended after this experience if you want any of their merchandise.

Instead of the IW price of £6 + £4.99. =£11 total!!!

there’s a 2 hour furniture show later
Can't wait!!! 😜

Will they confirm if it's real rattan!!?? Searching says it's a plant fibre from palm. But there's also 'plastic rattan' and 'rattan effect'!

And none of the real rattan search images look like the IW rattan strips, but more like thinner, closer, weave or wicker (but not hollow bamboo).

And rattan is brown/yellow, not grey/blue. Do they say if it's coated, like the metal frame? I'm confused 😕

Can't wait!!! 😜

Will they confirm if it's real rattan!!?? Searching says it's a plant fibre from palm. But there's also 'plastic rattan' and 'rattan effect'!

And none of the real rattan search images look like the IW rattan strips, but more like thinner, closer, weave or wicker (but not hollow bamboo).

And rattan is brown/yellow, not grey/blue. Do they say if it's coated, like the metal frame? I'm confused 😕
Yes it’s coated

I do feel guilty to some degree - abandoning Ordeal World in its hour of need. But I must say I believe I have intense mitigations (waiting for a GP app) in moving over to Ideal Rattan now. So much more professional than the other mob. Dedicated to the task of the relentless promotion of pretend rattan. Slick promos and great link men and women in the studio to seamlessly er…link them. Bravo to Ideal Rattan - the future of Rattan.

When Angela retired from the Garden Bargains shows last weekend, Hayley assured the viewers it would still continue. There is no mention of Garden Bargains on Ideal's website, no shows tomorrow, and no sign of Hayley either. I ordered compost last Sunday, no sign of it, or even that the order has been processed. Looks like I have lost my money.

I wonder if Varney got out while the going was still good? I didn’t see his name on the creditors list either.

Latest posts

Back