Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s scandalous because this rattan is £600.00 pounds,will the customer get it ?
Almost into pre recorded loop constantly with a few live segments.
At the moment it’s live rattan which is a novelty,with the cackling Irish woman.
Because it’s live,it could pop anytime in a bid tv way.

Misleading pricing on IW web front-page for Bonecco fan and Instant brands airfryer: "Own today for £37.50 / £35". Actually that's just the flexi-pay first payment, they're 4 times the stated amount.

Just saw IW live on the app/yt channel, and after Under Armour ad there was a PBecque voiceover plugging ClearPay, 4 quarter interest-free payments every 2 weeks - is that Flexi-pay or different and what is Flexi-pay then if different? Same but Monthly?

Obviously not buying anything at present unless on CC for buyer credit protection/refund if needed, or wait for the fire-sale and clearance discounts, or buy via their IW eBay outlet channel to use the eBay buyer protection guarantee.

Clear pay is nothing to do with Ideal it is a massive business that is harder to qualify for and doesn't have many charges associated with it

They will be charging Ideal a cut like all payment providers they are so big they can absolve if they are being paid late I would imagine

I couldn’t do it. I just couldn’t stand in front of a camera of a business in trouble and present a front of normality to its viewers - trying to talk them into buying stuff. No job, for me, is worth the money to do such a thing.
...and that, Sir Duke, is why you're not a salesman, with a clear conscience. They might rationalize it to themselves as helping the company, staff jobs, retention, recouping money to help bail out the firm, and a safe assertion that in their minds they believe no reason customer orders won't be fulfilled.

Presumably they know the IW business situation themselves, so that begs the question: do the presenters worry they won't get paid? Typically if Contracted agents, or employed, they are paid post-monthly, i.e. a contractor would submit a monthly invoice for hours worked last month, and any bonus/commission add-on, for IW to pay them, within 30/90 days, etc. so surely they must be concerned about non-payment themselves???

Unless they've been given some legal/written assurance or verbal trust agreement, which in business ain't worth the hot air or paper it was given with, when it comes to business and financial realities!

To amend/ paraphrase Price Tag, Jessie J: "It's all about the money, money, money... " 😆

Last edited:
Clear pay is nothing to do with Ideal it is a massive business that is harder to qualify for and doesn't have many charges associated with it

They will be charging Ideal a cut like all payment providers they are so big they can absolve if they are being paid late I would imagine
Yes, agreed, thanks, but I was just asking if "ClearPay" is different to "Flexi-pay", e.g. PS "on 4 Flexis". Genuinely don't know if different payments. I could look it up, I think ClearPay is every 2 weeks and Flexi-pay may be in-house 4 monthly payments?

Linea ratten furniture is on so much, whenever l am flicking thro there it is. They must have bought every bit of rattan ever made and always selling fast but never sells out!

Would ITV axe them if they had wind of any troubles ahead? I suppose it doesn’t look good for a mainstream broadcaster to be giving it’s a time to a company that might crash any moment? How does the ITV deal function, does anybody know? Do Ideal World pay a fee to ITV for the airtime? Or is it the other way around, and ITV get a cut from sales as a result? I genuinely have no idea how it works.

As for the never ending rattan set: I put three each in two guest baskets without issue. I thought how it worked was the studio becomes aware that baskets haven’t been checked out and then puts a prompt to complete your purchase reminder out during the programme - usually also issuing limited stock warnings etc.. Well, if I can put six sets of ‘limited stock’ relatively expensive furniture into two baskets and it doesn’t make a difference to their stock levels, that seems a little odd? Now, all I have to do is find £3500 to pay for them all…

...and that, Sir Duke, is why you're not a salesman, with a clear conscience. They might rationalize it to themselves as helping the company, staff jobs, retention, recouping money to help bail out the firm, and a safe assertion that in their minds they believe no reason customer orders won't be fulfilled.

Presumably they know the IW business situation themselves, so that begs the question: do the presenters worry they won't get paid? Typically if Contracted agents, or employed, they are paid post-monthly, i.e. a contractor would submit a monthly invoice for hours worked last month, and any bonus/commission add-on, for IW to pay them, within 30/90 days, etc. so surely they must be concerned about non-payment themselves???

Unless they've been given some legal/written assurance or verbal trust agreement, which in business ain't worth the hot air or paper it was given with, when it comes to business and financial realities!

To amend/ paraphrase Price Tag, Jessie J: "It's all about the money, money, money... " 😆

There has been a lot said previously but this is a long thread :)

Somewhere there is a list of Ideal World creditors from a few years back including a lot of suppliers and it mentions in there presenters were either paid late or received reduced payments a while ago now

Would ITV axe them if they had wind of any troubles ahead? I suppose it doesn’t look good for a mainstream broadcaster to be giving it’s a time to a company that might crash any moment? How does the ITV deal function, does anybody know? Do Ideal World pay a fee to ITV for the airtime? Or is it the other way around, and ITV get a cut from sales as a result? I genuinely have no idea how it works

No idea about the details but maybe the slot actually costs Ideal unless they make a certain number of sales, with the now limited product range this is maybe not being reached and whilst the presence of being on ITV even at that time should be a commercial benefit they don't really have anything to sell to a new customer

Its a long old document but you can see the amounts owed as of September last year

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/...938775fcea8b95312e90aaa965b322cc9d0000e50e9c6

Hence why many of us on here have had doubts for a long time now

Its a long old document but you can see the amounts owed as of September last year

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-live.ch.gov.uk/docs/0zJ07Sr7Yy0QcyLCzn4I53XdPUufZOGulv7tCwuzJeU/application-pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=ASIAWRGBDBV3KRJ4RN75/20230701/eu-west-2/s3/aws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20230701T114241Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-Security-Token=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&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&response-content-disposition=inline;filename="companies_house_document.pdf"&X-Amz-Signature=43414622e2709d0a9f8938775fcea8b95312e90aaa965b322cc9d0000e50e9c6

Hence why many of us on here have had doubts for a long time now

That didn't work this might

Report from September 2022 you need

Latest posts

Back