QVC Website not working

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

scruff

Registered Shopper
They will not sell much unless they get their act together with their website. Once again I went on to order something and the website frontpage is ok but when you click to go further into it doesn't work. Can't be bothered phoning up - maybe its a sign I shouldn't be spending money anyway :nod:
Lost sale AGAIN QVC

I keep having this problem too. I always use Chrome but when I switch to Firefox it works. Very annoying!

clear your cookies and then it should work again. it happens to me all of the time and even switching to another browser has stopped working for me.

Not being computer savy I`ve no idea about clearing cookies and can I ask what firefox is please? As its always happening to me...wanted to see the sizing on a RN dress one of the few I liked in the show and couldn`t get the details up and couldn`t be bothered phoning in either!!

Firefox is a different web browser. It is great as it has some great free ad ons like ad block and so on. A great way of deleting cookies is downloading the free CCleaner. It has a section where it denotes cookies with ease and old registry files.

PJ

Agree with Bluebell the QVC site wouldn't load item details for me last night or bounced me back to the home page. The cookies thing works when the site refuses to allow you to add an item to your basket, or just restart your PC and log in a-fresh.

Jude xx

for me clearing the cookies helps with the items not loading. i spent a few weeks last year thinking it was the site as even switching servers didnt help (i saved a ****** fortune! lol)

to clear your cookies on chrome click on the spanner icon (top right hand corner), then Tools and then clear browsing data. make sure that the options are to clear the cookies and browsing data/cache but not your passwords or autofill if you use it.

If I click on a link on the forum for example for a product it just bounces back to the home page too

I'm on my I-Pad though !

****** frustrating and highly unprofessional of QVC

My problem with the website seems to be similar to everyone else's here. I have been shopping via the QVC website for a few years and the problem for me only started this year (maybe 3 weeks ago) - nothing has changed with my computer - still using Safari on a Mac. The QVC home page opens fine, and appears to display as it should, but as soon as I click on, for example, "Items from last 24 hours" or "Item on air now", I get a screen which simply says: Tune into QVC: Get email alerts about the latest QVC shows and offers.

Also, if I search for a product by brand name or product name, a page of matching products opens, but if I then click on one of the items for more info or to order it, or if I put the product number in the Search box, I am taken back to the above "Tune into QVC: ..." page.

Like many of you, it's saving me a fortune because I like to browse items, not just see something on air and phone up. I sent the tech team a detailed description of the problems today and will post back on here if I get a meaningful/helpful response.

Once again QVC's website is not working and their CS are very unhelpful, person I spoke to just now really couldn't care less, such an attitude oozing out her!

I put item in my basket and couldn't checkout, kept getting blank pages after it taking ages to get to next page etc....couldn't get in to check my account either. Eventually after many attempts I called CS and they said that there is a problem with the website and the advice they have been told to give is that people should use Firefox. I explained that item has now sold out but I have one in my basket so changing to another browser wouldn't help me, after I came off phone I tried firefox, pretending to buy another item and it didn't work either!!!!

So QVC's website is broken and they are on air telling people to use it, flashing the address up along the bottom of screen yet no-one can checkout!!! Crazy!! They should be telling people to use other ordering methods. So now I am stuck with item in basket and can't check it out, looks like I will be saving my money!!!

We've been discussing this on craft telly too, they really need to sort it out, I go to look at the items on air and nothing appears! I use Safari and Firefox on my Mac, oddly Firefox works better, still saving me from impulse buys!

Same problems for me too, I refuse to alter messing any set up on the laptop when it's QVC's problem.

I've had some success on internet explorer, searching the site.

QVC though now is a total joke, I blame this sharing the love with all this social networking malarkey.

Sick of get in touch with us on twitter, facebook so you can chat about the love of QVC etc. etc.

Well I'll share QVC just get the basics correct pretty darn quick as there's plenty other places to shop, that will gladly take our hard earned money.

Let us be able to efficiently search and order a flipping item first, before you have Will popping up every minute with an ipad in a dirty cover, telling us how good you are and for us to tell you how brilliant you are.

:mysmilie_51:

We've been discussing this on craft telly too, they really need to sort it out, I go to look at the items on air and nothing appears! I use Safari and Firefox on my Mac, oddly Firefox works better, still saving me from impulse buys!

Same here but over the last couple of weeks I've actually found Safari to be better than Firefox which used to be the other way around.

It's definitely a QVC problem. I build websites, and I suspect that the website team make updates to the software, or change bits of code...and don't test the result on a range of common browsers as they should. They should have a basic test bench technique whereby no change is released until after the test plan has been completed, which should consist of going through a set of common transactions via a set of common browsers. The last time I contacted QVC to report the problem of missing content, they asked me to send them a screen shot of a wonky page. They should have been able to replicate it themselves, in five seconds!

I shop online on loads of sites, and none of them have the problems that the QVC site routinely has. It's just bad website management.

I sometimes have to cycle through Chrome, IE, Opera and Firefox to get functionality to work. By that time, I've usually lost interest or the OTO has gone.

Latest posts

Back