QVC purchases found in the back of the wardrobe!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I do like a stock pile, wish it was just one thing. I have more make up then I will possibly ever need and at least a few years worth of Bath and body stuff.
Sometimes stock piling can be good - I bought 5 moisturisers and three sets of shower gel and body butter from a company called Naked Body care at a good discount. Next time I went to look for them online, the website had disappeared. Apparently bought up by Boots and then discontinued. Such a shame as they were a small British company with alot of their stuff 97% natural. Loved their Thirst Aid Moisturiser - thank goodness I have a stockpile to work though before I have to think of what to replace it with.

When I get down to 6 bars of L'Occitanne soap I need to seriously re-stock which I did from their website when they had an offer several weeks ago ( FREE P&P)They last ages & are the only soaps I ever use.I was recently @ the Liz Earle counter in JL & said if they run low on stock to give me a ring (enough said!)

Are you sure it is plum and not purple? The beginning of this poem springs to mind by Jenny Joseph
When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves

Ah yes, I did realise when I was writing the thread that I sounded like the old woman who would wear purple - and yes, the garment is not a deep purple , more pinky purple and VERY shiny. There is also a 'red hat' brigade movement where I live, but those involved seem to be a bit jolly hockeysticks cum WI and saying 'oh bugger' would be the height of their devilment !!! They'd all be in need of therapy if I joined !!!

Last edited:
Are you sure it is plum and not purple? The beginning of this poem springs to mind by Jenny Joseph
When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves

They had that poem at my mother-in -law's memorial. It was an understatement where she was concerned. Really really fond of her in spite of it all.....

I hate to tell how many Indigo Moon jackets I have cluttering up my wardrobe. One or two more subdued ones I still wear occasionally but the others I am just aghast at the thought I bought them.

I hate to tell how many Indigo Moon jackets I have cluttering up my wardrobe. One or two more subdued ones I still wear occasionally but the others I am just aghast at the thought I bought them.

Get in touch with Coronation Street Tilley. I'm sure they'd buy them off you for our Rita's wardrobe.

Get in touch with Coronation Street Tilley. I'm sure they'd buy them off you for our Rita's wardrobe.

Indigo Moon is much missed, I loved watching those incredible designs being unveiled.

Agree about Corrie and RItas wordrobe,I have seen her wearing a centigrade shearling coat in red they sold some years back.I think the other colours are still being sold one of their best sellers.

Ooooo I too have a few 'vintage' Indigo Moon "pieces" (see, I've already fallen under Frank's influence) -- but these were from the pre-bling emblazoned days. Mine have lovely patchwork embroidery, and I do wear them, at night to walk the dog !

I don't stockpile mine, I open them all. Hence why I currently have a Cleanse and Polish, a Pro-Radiance, a litre of Purity made simple, a Moringa Balm, a Pro Collagen balm and a Prai thing all on the go. I DO use them all (well, most of them) regularly but I can't resist trying a new product and if I waited for that lot to be used up, I'd be 90. I am the same with shampoo and bath stuff and have more perfumes than most Debenhams. I have just audited my collection of nail varnishes (the winter nights are long!!!) and I'm currently at 260 different shades, all Leighton. Plus about 30 duplicates. and some triplicates. BUT this will help me as when I see one I don't think I have I can check. And it so nice to know it's not just me! And I stopped myself buying a Glamglow cleanser on BOGOF the other day.

I thought that I had loads which is around 30 nail polishes
And I also have 5-6 cleanser's on the go and around 10 moisturisers and 4-5 facial masques
And 20+ Kipling bags
Was tempted by Judith Williams TSV yesterday but said No to myself as I have countless unopened skincare

We had a massive clear out last year, a week before Christmas and moving house...Mr Whatsgoinon? found a box under the stairs containing 100 grip to me hangers, which I had bought 3 years earlier but never opened because of my accident and he had shoved them under the stairs where things got piled on top, so they were forgotten about.

Not the most exciting thing, I know, but by eck, they really helped with my sorting out and the removal guy had never seen anything like them before...a row of tops hanging from one hanger...he said he hoped his wife never saw them, because she'd end up buying even more clothes, typical man!

Found odds and ends of loccitane ...small items ....nothing terrible to declare lol ...I love hearing your rediscovered purchases lol ....

I put a Kim & Co set in a charity bag after it had been hanging in the wardrobe for years, the most galling thing is the fact I actually waited for this set to come back into stock! Then never wore it, but wouldn't give it away for ages because as we know her clothes aren't cheap. Can't understand what I was thinking as I wouldn't touch her stuff with a barge poll now. I hope someone in the charity shop appreciates it and gives it some ware!

My slimline hangers are on the floordrobe under the clothes pile. it's been nice sorting my varnishes as I've rediscovered a lot of 'old' colours again. And I love a masque/mask? Face pack?!!! But I quite like the Montagne Jeunesse £1 ones almost as much as the £30 Elemis ones. Anyone remember the Avon lemon peel-off one?!

I'm a fan of the Montagne Jeunesse ones too, bargain price and leave my skin lovely and soft. I've got countless Elemis ones lurking in cupboards from TSVs of old, but it's the Montagne Jeunesse ones I reach for.

Latest posts

Back