QVC plants.. Should we all post piccies?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wow they are beautiful
just wait until I show you my trailing sweet peasin the basket, mmm perhaps not

I finally have some (1 or 2) of the 100 bulb set about to flower. If the rabbits don't get them first, I will take some shots once they open.

the geraniums are doing alright and so too are the stripey tiger flowers (cant remember what they are called), the giant begonias have taken ages to grow but they are almost in flower: as soon as they all flower I will take some pics :tongue2: x

They look like gazanias

Stuart

Well ......... having clicked on different buttons I hope I've finally found the right one to post photos.

The plants have been in flower for a few weeks now and despite being battered by the heavy rain etc are still on the stalks. ;)

They're in pots and planters because, once I'd realised they were annuals, I decided it was less effort than having to dig them out of the ground at the end of the season.

Attachments

• QVCflowers1.jpg
    QVCflowers1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 203
  • QVCflowers3.jpg
    QVCflowers3.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 200
  • QVCflowers4.jpg
    QVCflowers4.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 204
Well, we have finally had to admit defeat with our trailing sweetpeas as, despite watering them and feeding them regularly, they are yellow, crispy and dead!! As they were on the front of the house too we thought it better to take them down as we don't want to look like we don't take care of our plants.

Our neighbours hanging basket looks so much better than ours and he got his ready made from B&Q which is where we're off to today to get one. We are so disappointed as we both love sweetpeas.

Would have posted pic but still trying to find cable for camera!!

I brought the sweetpeas & am totally disappointed!

Two flowers!!

Also brought the strawberries & only 4 plants 'bloomed'. At the moment have 2 green strawberries!!

super poppies - all dead, and i bought 2 packs! and qvc sent replacements when i complained - still they died!!!

sarahs delta fushia - all dead!!!

don't think i'll be buying plants again from qvc, and i know it's not me because the plants i've bought from the garden centre and the supermarket are all flourishing!!! :flower:

I have one sweatpea that has survived but had to take them out of hanging basket a good while ago as they had started to go yellow.

One of my tree peonies looks like its going to die...to say im gutted is an understatement :(

I have one sweatpea that has survived but had to take them out of hanging basket a good while ago as they had started to go yellow.

One of my tree peonies looks like its going to die...to say im gutted is an understatement :(

We had sweet peas bought from another retailer and they have been a huge disappointment too! I'm wondering if it hasn't been the weather conditions?

Richard Jackson said that the QVC sweetpeas were bred to be hardy and that they would take whatever the weather threw at them! I think not. Do you think it would be worth me speaking to CS to see if we could get a refund or have I left it too late?

Richard Jackson said that the QVC sweetpeas were bred to be hardy and that they would take whatever the weather threw at them! I think not. Do you think it would be worth me speaking to CS to see if we could get a refund or have I left it too late?

Its never too late Catkins !, ring them and complain ...:call:

Just to let you know that I emailed CS about my sweetpeas and asked them for a refund. Have received a letter form them this morning stating that they have refunded full amount back to my credit card. Result!!

Thanks Scampdog for telling me its never to late to complain!!X

Just to let you know that I emailed CS about my sweetpeas and asked them for a refund. Have received a letter form them this morning stating that they have refunded full amount back to my credit card. Result!!

Thanks Scampdog for telling me its never to late to complain!!X

You are welcome Catkins :blush: !, my OH has said that we will not be buying any more plants via QVC as so many have died this year !.

Sorry folks for not posting any of my piccies...yet.... lol
I have taken them but I am having trouble getting them onto the site.
Honestly,I am absolutely hopeless:sad::sad:

Catkins I am so glad you got your refund for the dreadful sweet peas.

I purchased 2 lots of the large Oriental poppies and when they arrived they were awful , complained to CS and they were replaced. Only a few survived. Had the Hibiscus bare roots and only one has grown and so far haven't had a flower. I did send an email to RJ complaining about the poppies and hibiscus and had an email back from him asking me to ring CS and ask for a full refund which I did. I also bought some petunias which were ok until I put them in the baskets and they are very poor but I think that the weather hasn't helped. The best plants I had from QVC were the 54 b3gonia plus and they are flowering lovely. My neighbour bought cheap trailing fuschias from Morrisons and B & Q and they have a fantastic display. Won't be getting any more plants from QVC.

My hibiscus were very late to sprout (June). They now have quite a lot of long shoots but no flowers yet. They will probably be coming into flower as the first frosts arrive.

On the other hand, I am delighted with my tree lilies (I don't have any cats in my garden nor do any visit as I have several dogs). They are absolutely spectacular.

My tree peonies (if that's what they were called) are miserable things.

The vine I bought 3 years ago has yet to flower/fruit. The foliage is wonderful this year though so I haven't given up all hope.

The clematis bought around Chelsea time last year is very nice.

I seem to have about a 50/50 success rate which isn't wonderful.

Latest posts

Back