QVC in Daily Mail again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yep, their marketing department is in full swing again, and interestingly only advertising high end goods. So what happened to Nina Leonard or Michelle Hope then ????

No mention either of once being the country's no.1 retail jewellery seller, but apparently 30% of sales are beauty products - what a surprise.

OK with all this FREE publicity you would think they would start to pass the benefit down to us the customer .
I can think of one way they could do this by REDUCING the VERY HIGH P&P charges.
Even if they made it a capped P&P per order if you order more than 3 items like on C&C (not that I have ever brought any thing from them) but their P&P charges do seem very reasonable.

If they had any sense they`d test the water and see how capping p and p would increase their sales. Advertise a special weekend offer of capped p and p, wheel out some of their most popular items, choose a good tsv and have their most tolerated presenters work the day. Then sit back and see what happens. I suspect sales would dramatically increase and then they`d know for sure that p and p charges are losing them money. Surely they can`t be so blind not to notice how many people complain about having to pay per item and how p and p makes a difference whether people will buy or not ? IMO they have nothing to lose and everything to gain and once and for all it might drive home that they need to move forward and do something about one of the customers biggest bugbears.

A great post Vienna, add to it... put CR into a background job and I would watch and possibly buy more.....

They will always bring things out on QVC US before thinking about it here.

Lots of complaints on QVC US community board about p&p etc. Nothing ever done, so I really doubt they will do it here. Thought QVC Italy does have capped p&P for multi items ordered, but they had that from the start.

All this newspaper coverage strikes that they are in trouble, losing sales, the amount of items on advanced order also tells this!! Oh and not forgetting presenters leaving.....or being made redudant whichever it is! QVC are clearly not doing well!

All this newspaper coverage strikes that they are in trouble, losing sales, the amount of items on advanced order also tells this!! Oh and not forgetting presenters leaving.....or being made redudant whichever it is! QVC are clearly not doing well!

Especially as I asked them about their previously planned HD channel and they now say they have no plans.

PJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

If they had any sense they`d test the water and see how capping p and p would increase their sales. Advertise a special weekend offer of capped p and p, wheel out some of their most popular items, choose a good tsv and have their most tolerated presenters work the day. Then sit back and see what happens. I suspect sales would dramatically increase and then they`d know for sure that p and p charges are losing them money. Surely they can`t be so blind not to notice how many people complain about having to pay per item and how p and p makes a difference whether people will buy or not ? IMO they have nothing to lose and everything to gain and once and for all it might drive home that they need to move forward and do something about one of the customers biggest bugbears.

On the very odd occasion they have a special/free P&P offer the stuff flies out the door (been sucked inmyself) so tbey should already have all the data they need to prove that this is a no brainer but still they ignore it.

Mind you once we got over the novelty we would then remember it is all crap anyway.

Like or not Birkies have some lovely funky patterns so why in God's name did they pick such a dull boring photo, It would be tbe last thing to tempt you even the steammop looked more interesting LOL

If QVC are in trouble(and I don't doubt it), theyn the others must be in a really bad way.

The thing that most love about QVC is the easy pay. That is all you see on the FB page people begging for codes or saying I would have bought if on easy pay. With pushing all the high end stuff it gives many the chance to feel special owning a Lulu G bag especially if on easy pay. They make me think of the old fashion catalogues, Freemans etc. People could buy high cost items but pay over so many weeks. The prices where always higher than if you went into a real store and bought, but that was because of the paying over so many weeks.

I bet any money the price of any items sold with free p&p on QVC are added already into the cost of the product. QVC will not be taking the hit. I actually think its the brands themselves who tell QVC if they are willing to let it go on easy pay. If given the choose QVC would have it a lot more.

Debbie Flint last night said 'I hear we are in the Daily Mail today i have not seen it, scan the article and tweet me it'. MMMM me thinks she had seen it and was plugging the add.
Also the diamond women Laurie was plugging advanced orders saying if you had to order a settee you would have to wait 6 weeks so advanced orders are the same and it is the savvy way of business these days mmmm sorry if i want to buy something i want it asap.

waiting for goods can be fustrating whn youve paid 6 pound plus for postage..i think any business would do them self a great favour to get items posted asap...its not the end of the world i know but to me whn i get a speedy dlivery i am always impressed and it entices me to use them again :mysmilie_499:

A lot of the proper gem jewellery is almost all 'advanced orders' now, a true indication that they can't afford to having items sit around on the store room shelves as lost money anymore.

A lot of the proper gem jewellery is almost all 'advanced orders' now, a true indication that they can't afford to having items sit around on the store room shelves as lost money anymore.

In the same theme as another post, referring to the non stop use of the term 'brand ambassador', another over used description regularly spouted, is the "It is on advanced orders, because it is being made especially for you......" A bespoke piece, then? Which would usually demand a premium? They must think our elevator doesn't go to the top floor. Obviously, they are trying to make you feel as if you are 'special', a member of a 'select few' to own the piece!!

It is also for insurance purposes too. Insurance companies charge jewellery shops or sellers for the quantity of precious metals and stones they have in the building. I went into a branch of Ernest Jones recently to look at a ring. The ring was too small so I asked them would they alter it. They said no because the ring was a new style on promotion and they would be keeping it for display/trying on, purposes only and would order it in the correct size for customers who wished to buy it. I had quite a chat with the sales girl and she told me that nowadays any jewellery store/seller is charged insurance on the quantity of gold, platinum, precious stones and silver within the building which has pushed insurance sky high. She said at one time they were quoted insurance up to a certain £ value for their complete stock but things had changed. Consequently many jewellery companies or larger well know jeweller shops were stocking only one of things and were ordering in as required.

Tried to post a comment but was not published, going to write to all the reporters who have published stories about QVC and point them to this section.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I doubt very much qvc are in trouble as say Woolworths were in trouble .... YET! They are probably in trouble like Marks and Spencer's were with St Michael. The market is changing, the economy and environment is tough, customers want to be treated as clients, get that extra special bit of service, feel valued. Whether that's free p & p as a reward for loyalty or a beauty day out, they want it. Other companies have upped their game and qvc need to as well. The presenter changes going on are just the start I'd imagine.

I'm sure there will be major changes. New people bought in at the top to overhaul what's becoming outdated and unpopular. My spend was probably £2,000 per annum some years back in the day, now it's probably £200 at the most. I'm not the only one, of that I'm sure.

In the same theme as another post, referring to the non stop use of the term 'brand ambassador', another over used description regularly spouted, is the "It is on advanced orders, because it is being made especially for you......" A bespoke piece, then? Which would usually demand a premium? They must think our elevator doesn't go to the top floor. Obviously, they are trying to make you feel as if you are 'special', a member of a 'select few' to own the piece!!

Another thing which annoys the hell out of me is "your blue/your red" NO it ****** isn't mine it is THE blue version.

Brand ambassador - yes very annoying phrase.

In a minute they'll be calling everything 'robust' or 'holistic' :down:

Latest posts

Back