Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hyacinth's latest is a Diamonique pendant - It's not the worst thing I've ever seen, far from it, but at the end of the day it's a piece of cheap toot. She got it reduced and ended up paying nearly £30 for it. She's clearly got plenty of money, and as much as I can't understand people getting themselves into debt for the sake of buying rubbish, I'm equally baffled as to how someone who can clearly afford to be a bit more discerning would wish to fill their home, and adorn themself with stuff like this!
Most people I'd say own a bit of junk jewellery, but they don't talk about it, let alone make videos about it.

Money doesn’t equal taste, in fact often the opposite just think Ms G Collins
I totally agree, but when it comes to Qurio, it's not just about the taste, it's about the amount of money spent on worthless trinkets. Ms Collins might spend an absolute fortune on her garish and vulgar designer clothing and accessories, but love it or hate it, it would have some kind of market value. Should see hit hard times, she could pay a few bills off from the sale of one of her handbags. Hyacinth would be hard pressed to pay the milkman if she was forced to sell the entirety of her purchases!
I think a lot of these lovely ladies, just need to buy something from Q and buy on impulse rather than actually giving much thought to what they really like and really want. See a reduction on something that's vaguely caught their eye and before you know it, it's in the basket. Is it actually their taste? I think if it was, then they'd not feel a constant need to parade their purchases on Qurio to get approval from others.

STOP PRESS! Lola has received a response from someone entitled "Qurio Community Host", who's given the usual "we're sorry to hear you're disappointed", adding "we can't resolve anything here, so here's the email address for customer care "- Wow that's useful!
I don't believe for one moment there's such a position, It's been made up on the spot. I'd imagine that somebody involved with the company has spotted it and has identified it as a possible problem for them, especially when a lot of the comments are advising her to take her custom elsewhere. They wouldn't want that now would they?

Lost patience with the Qurio shopaholics,you can lead a horse to water but definitely cannot get it to drink.
Past caring if they get into debt 💸 as obviously they will.
Hollydolly seems to be trying desperately hard to keep this app going,no doubt waiting for another appearance on the telly soon.

When is Erika going to take a holiday?She and the Mother in Law must have their own team at QVC Knowsley ,Hermes delivery person & someone at the bank to see to their payments.Must be a full time job for them getting & receiving the orders and broadcasting to the so called Qurio community with lots of love and encouragement for the ‘great posts’. You have to see to believe! Someone needs an urgent word?

Heard Debs Flints recommendation to watchers to head over to join the Qurio community.
Probably 'cause it seems to be dying on its feet at the moment. Erika seems to be holding it open at the moment reviewing literally everything that she or her MIL buys from Q. Now I'm quite happy to review things I've bought, but I don't review every single item. I certainly wouldn't bother reviewing a sachet of facepack , a bag of sweets, or clothing for that matter. I'd possibly want to warn people not to buy a garment if it was expensive and turned out to be badly made. I've bought myself a dress lets say, I've tried it on, I like how it looks, I'll keep it and I'll wear it, end of story. If I get a compliment, lovely, if I'm asked where I bought it, I'll tell them - totally no need to parade it in front of strangers online!

When do you tell the truth about a garment?
If asked before they have paid the money and they are in 2 minds I tell the truth.
If they haven’t paid but obviously love it I smile and say little unless it is really really bad
If the money is gone why spoil it so unless folks would laugh at them I keep it shut.

These people have about 4 separate goes at strutting their stuff per order
When ordering, should I ? Can’t wait etc
Once received - box opening
At least one go at comparison to other similar items, should I keep?
Final review once worn, used, ate.

Latest posts

Back