Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry Hyacinth I have just noticed that you did in fact write another supportive message to Lola, explaining how you've been overcharged, sent wrong items, used items etc. She said that her husband is fed up with checking the bank account for overcharges - I bet that's not all he's fed up with lol!
He’s a saint putting up with that all the time😂

He’s a saint putting up with that all the time😂
My husband would do his fruit if I started wasting money like that! During my habit, I was fully aware that I was buying non essentials, and on occasion, absolute crap. I would hide stuff, tell him that things were a lot cheaper than they were, tell him I'd bought the stuff from a charity shops and bootsales. There's no way I'd let him look at my bank statements that were littered with QVC, Bid, Ideal World etc. My own money and all that, but I'd have been embarrassed more than anything else. I'd imagine if I'd have bought that candle, he would've laughed and told me not to put it on show when we had guests, and if I told him I'd paid over £60 for it, he'd have cried! He'd possibly gently suggest that I need to see a therapist!

£60 for that monstrosity and she wont even burn it. Words fail me. I’m so tempted to comment
I left a comment " please send the candle back. You could buy an amazing Dyptique candle and have enough left over to buy yourself a Christmas candle holder too" . It's the first time I have left a comment on this app.

I have to say that this video has probably been the most shocking of the lot, and the most telling! Firstly for the price someone's prepared to pay for such absolute tat. It looks like it's been made by a child in primary school fgs! How someone would be prepared to accept a faulty/potentially dangerous item, and how after numerous comments advising her that she's being a fool and to send it back, saying it'll do even though it isn't fit for purpose. That is brainwashing folks! Even if I was that brainwashed, I'd hope those comments would spur me into sending it back, or to at least tell them I was sending it back!
I'd love to see a spoof video made about this, preferably featuring a man in drag (bad drag of course)!

Did she just get a bad one or were they all like that on any Q presentations/reviews?
I don't know as it was a clearance item that's sold out. She had to post a link to a different product in order to be able to post her video. So a pretty pointless exercise if nobody could buy it even if they wanted to, let alone see a demonstration. I wonder what's going through some of heads - Not a lot I would think!

Low and behold all the funny stuff like the showing of jumpsuits with chest views all stop when I join. I’ve just loaded my first ever app and have taken a look at what is happening on this Qurio thing. Well I never would have thought it was that bad, do folk never clear up and look what’s visible around them when doing their videos. It’s like Rightmove house pictures with washing on radiators and beds not made! Not one video that I’ve seen would entice me to make one single purchase and I’ve not even bothered to read any of the comments.
So all in all I can’t really see any benefits this brings to QVC and why they are still regularly promoting it.

Lola tells Erika that the Lambertz Chocolate she purchased,were horrible and she threw hers in the bin,the rest of the Qurio overspending mob say they are wonderful.
I maybe wrong but that could be the first comment from Lola, disagreeing with the living dead.

Lola tells Erika that the Lambertz Chocolate she purchased,were horrible and she threw hers in the bin,the rest of the Qurio overspending mob say they are wonderful.
I maybe wrong but that could be the first comment from Lola, disagreeing with the living dead.
I'm sure they are, I love chocolate and marzipan - but not at that bleeping price! Who (apart from Erika) spends nearly £28 on a bag of sweets? Who reviews sweets anyway? Nobody of sound mind! Somebody has commented "What's the jacket you're wearing?" I don't get that either! She's reviewing a bag of sweets, yet someone has noticed a piece of really boring grey fabric - It's not normal! Can you imagine tuning into a youtube demo of someone showing you how to fix your computer, or giving a demo of something they've bought and seeing comments below asking "where did you get your jumper"?!
Lola, my lovely, you should've sent the remainder back, even if you had to pay a tenner to return them you'd have got a bit of money back!
Lola's obviously really fed up with Q and I hope she's seen the light, unfortunately I get the feeling that she'll back to full speed very soon!

Last edited:
The way some of these people spend money on QVC is eye watering. Erika’s Husband must have a very very well paid job and does she work? If she has the time with this never ending activity. Then there is the Mother in Law with her foot gadget costing over £300! Do they never stop and think, well obviously NOT. Even on Easy pays the amount each month must be huge and then the P&P costs.You would have thought QVC would have learnt not to engage with the general public, remember the phone ins? Now this, cringeworthy.

Latest posts

Back