Quidco

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine are the same - I raised a ticket with quidco a few days ago and am awaiting a reply.

So is 'topcashback' better than 'quidco'?? I recently joined quidco after reading about it on here and as yet haven't done enough to get a payout. But I just had a look at topcashback and that seems to be good too and no £5 fee. Or should I do both???
:SHOCK:

I have 3 QVC ones for September showing as 0.00 recieved. I've not sent anything back or had any easy pays. 2 of them are TSV's Gatineau and L'Occitane. There must be a problem if quite a few of us have the same thing.

I had payments from QVC last month and quidco have received anothe rpayment from them today. All seems to be tracking fine for me

I have several items ordered from QVC over the last few months which although I followed the Quidco procedure have never shown up on my Quidco account.
In the explanation of how the system works, Quidco say the tracking relies on cookies.

On the Quidco website there is an explanation of how the system works. In the section “Overview”, they say that the tracking is done by cookies.

Cookies are small files put into your browser (Internet Explorer etc) by a website you visit so that if you revisit a site it recognises you and knows your interests etc. These are often called tracking cookies. At any one time you could have 100 or so of these files on your computer, most of which are no longer relevant.

These files are usually the first things deleted if you use any clean up software and may also be deleted when your anti virus does a scan.

In my own case, cookies are automatically deleted almost as soon as they appear and I believe that is why my QVC purchases fail to track.

That may be the reason other people are having a problem.

I thought we had to delete all cookies (as per previous instructions on here) before going to the quidco site and then onto qvc etc. Is this not correct???

What about if you then delete the cookies after - does it loose the tracking then?

I am now very confused!!

:SHOCK:

Hi Shaduf, that's one of the reasons I keep Firefox for Quidco only. It's set to automatically delete cookies when closed down but presumably by then has kept the ones needed.

When I've tried to use IE, I've sometimes had a message saying that it's not tracking properly (even though I delete previous cookies manually) and don't seem to have had much success using that at home but oddly it works okay at work so must be configured differently.

Quidco does suggest you keep the browsers separate but I can't say I fully understand it. :31: I'm sure someone will come along with the technical answer.

However it works, it had been okay until September. I've noticed now that some of my enquiries have been "sent to merchant", so we'll see what turns up. :33: Fingers crossed but not overly hopeful.

I will try and explain about cookies and cashback, say you visit QVC via a pop up or advert on a site called "SHOP" , it will place a cookie on your pc saying that "SHOP" refered you to QVC so they get the comission if you buy anything, these cookies can last up to 30 days, thats why you need to clear you cookies before you go through a cashback site as it will use there cookie instead of the "SHOP" one because the "SHOP" one was there first they still get the comission

Once you have visited you can delete the cookie it dosent need to be kept on your PC anymore

I dont bother with Quidco anymore as a lot of sites have left there, i now use Cashback Kings or Top Cash Back

Thanks Deanos that makes more sense now. Sorry but I am not very technical - I thought cookies were something you eat!!!:lol:

I don't think the problem described here is to do with cookies. My purchases tracked OK, so the cookies obviously worked. It's just that now the value QVC are willing to pay has changed. But as so many of us have experienced the same problem, I'm assuming it's a glitch and am hoping it will be sorted out soon.

This was just posted on the Quidco site on my enquiries:

Hi, Thank you for your enquiry. We have been informed by the affiliate that this is a known issue and they will be manually rectifying this soon. You will notice a declined transaction in your earnings please note this only relates to this closed earnings enquiry and not the transaction itself We would like to apologise for any inconvenience that this matter may have caused. Kind regards Quidco Member Support

It looks like it is all okay!

Huge thanks to OP for posting and letting us know!

Hope this helps!

Same message for me too - it'll be interesting to see how long it takes to rectify as the ticket has now been classed as processed, and closed.

I wanted (needed!!) a necklace the other day so I put it through RPoints and that was fine, so hopefully it is just a glitch and will rectify itself.

Happy Shopping :59:

I've had the same message but I haven't reported all the affected purchases as it was taking a fair amount of form filling to query each of the 8. I think I did 3 or 4. (I have kept a note of which I've queried and which haven't).

Does anybody more familiar with the workings of Quidco know from the "known problem" response whether the others will be picked up automatically or whether I should go back and complete queries for them to play safe? If in doubt, I suppose it's the latter.

I've had the same message but I haven't reported all the affected purchases as it was taking a fair amount of form filling to query each of the 8. I think I did 3 or 4. (I have kept a note of which I've queried and which haven't).

Does anybody more familiar with the workings of Quidco know from the "known problem" response whether the others will be picked up automatically or whether I should go back and complete queries for them to play safe? If in doubt, I suppose it's the latter.

Hi Sarah!
Quidco are pretty good about resolving things...i would send them a quick message just to explain that you have a number of transactions with QVC that have tracked but then appeared as declined, consistent with the error reported. Hopefully, they'll say that you will not have to report any further issues. I do not want to mislead, as i have never had this issue before, and it is just my reading of the issue - I think QVC will rectify the problem from their end. So long as the transaction is dated, I get the impression all is fine. It will show as 0.00 until QVC do their bit from their end, but it should be okay...I think!

Please note, this is a different issue (I think, again!) to a transaction that has not been tracked at all...if it is not on your earnings list, then you must make an missing enquiry submission.

Latest posts

Back