Q sending out used items....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Millie's Mum

Registered Shopper
I am not happy with QVC at the mo. At the weekend I received a Kipling bag that had been used - I had paid full price for it £50 so was not amused. This has also happened on several other occasions. Each time I ring QVC and get this "faux shock" as if this never happens when we all know it does!!! I knew it was used as soon as I opened the bag as the label had been removed and was in the front pocket, there was no handle wrap, and all the zips were undone. Upon further investigation I found a snag on the shoulder strap, pen marks inside, dirty marks on the bottom and a folded up post it note in another pocket. Q asked me if I wanted a replacement (obviously only sending it once they had the used one back). They asked why I didn't want another so I said I didn't want to take the risk!! Q said "Oh we would make sure you got a brand new one", to which I reply "well why wasn't I sent a new one initially". QVC went no comment!! :mysmilie_10:

This is one of the major reasons I stopped buying from QVC, apart from them being the most expensive place to shop, out of the last five things I ordered, four were visibly returns, so I thought right, that's it. They did me a favour really because Kipling is the most expensive on QVC, they're going down hill fast in my opinion.

What a shame - QVC are trying to have their cake and eat it again!

No doubt Kipling had already picked up the tab for the return, so to sell an item which is clearly used and charge the full brand new price is really outrageous.

This happens a lot with QVC now. But then again shops do it as well, example M&S you take it home try on don't like take it back. They put it back on the shelves again. The trouble with QVC is the QC don't seem to be good at actually checking returns to see if they are fit to be resold. People find other people's stuff in bags, clothes smell of smoke. Beauty is one thing they should never send out again.

The difference with Marks, to b fair, you cannot wear/use the item and then decide whether or not to keep it. A bit like trying it on in store.

The difference with Marks, to b fair, you cannot wear/use the item and then decide whether or not to keep it. A bit like trying it on in store.

I suspect a lot of people do wear the items and return them. I know several people who have bought something for a special occasion ie a wedding worn the item then returned to the shop after airing for a few days.

The difference with La Q though is that whatever the reason for your return you do not need to argue the toss (for the most part) to get your money back.

I've quoted this before but a few years ago I bought some linen trousers from M&S. I didn't try them on as I had another pair in the same style, size etc. Got home and put them on and they had been split right down the backside seam. Clearly I hadn't done it but someone had. I had a bit of a fight to get my money back. I was made to feel like I had done it when I knew I hadn't. Other people looking and listening. It wasn't much fun. And like QVC they insisted that a faulty item like this would never just be put back on the shelf.

I don't, for one minute, think QVC should send out used items but things that have simply been tried on and returned is different. Every retailer does that.

The difference with La Q though is that whatever the reason for your return you do not need to argue the toss (for the most part) to get your money back.

I've quoted this before but a few years ago I bought some linen trousers from M&S. I didn't try them on as I had another pair in the same style, size etc. Got home and put them on and they had been split right down the backside seam. Clearly I hadn't done it but someone had. I had a bit of a fight to get my money back. I was made to feel like I had done it when I knew I hadn't. Other people looking and listening. It wasn't much fun. And like QVC they insisted that a faulty item like this would never just be put back on the shelf.

I don't, for one minute, think QVC should send out used items but things that have simply been tried on and returned is different. Every retailer does that.

Totally agree. I think if QVC's returns handling was more efficient there would be less of an issue. It takes them so long, and I doubt they pay any attention to the speed of a return in terms of how thoroughly they need to check an item for wear and tear. Basically, in my opinion, if someone has had something for 30 days it is more likely that it has been worn several times, possibly (hopefully) washed as well. That is definitely a used item then, which should never be sold as a new item.

Q are quick to tell people about the 30 day mbg so they must know many of their returns have been used not once but quite a few times. This should make Q have one of the most rigid checking systems there is when an items or items are returned.
When you return an item to a store its usually unworn or is faulty. Of course there are exceptions as people have said earlier but M and S or any other store don`t tell you buy, try, keep for 30 days and then return, QVC do so by the law of averages Q are going to have a very high percentage of well used items sent back to them and I don`t care what they say, quite a few of those items are then sent out again.

The 30-day MBG is all well and good but if it means that items are used then returned after a few days (as QVC encourage us to do) then they should under no circumstances be resold as new. Trades Description comes to mind. If they sent ALL their returned goods to the outlets, I'm sure we'd have more outlets round the country but we don't, which should raise questions about where those goods went - do all those where a customer changed his/her mind go back to the manufacturer or to charities?

The 30-day MBG is all well and good but if it means that items are used then returned after a few days (as QVC encourage us to do) then they should under no circumstances be resold as new. Trades Description comes to mind. If they sent ALL their returned goods to the outlets, I'm sure we'd have more outlets round the country but we don't, which should raise questions about where those goods went - do all those where a customer changed his/her mind go back to the manufacturer or to charities?

May go into staffshop. I used to work for a mail order company 20 years ago and you had 14 days to return. People used to send for loads of clothes go on holiday them and return them . Lots used to end up in the staff shop. I always wash everything once I know it is OK,cannot believe people buy stuff and wear without washing.

I never go on waitlist as these could be returns.I have just had a flurry of returning items but if I am not sure about whether to keep or not I don't remove the labels, just try on & then decide.To receive something which has obviously been used/ worn is totally unacceptable & if it did happen to me I would close my account.

Latest posts

Back