Q now selling White goods

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, they did try to sell me a warranty but I said no and they were ok with that. Any time you buy electricals they try to sell you warranties so AO are no different!

Yes I agree, but in some of the reviews I read people were annoyed that the call centre rang them on more than one occasion and tried the hard sell on the warranties.

I use my local independent retailer. I've only bought three things from them over the years but they have been brilliant. I can usually buy the item about £20 cheaper elsewhere but then I have to pay for delivery and for them to take away the old one. All of that was included in the £20 extra.

When my fridge freezer died recently they were the only company who could deliver quickly. The told me to leave everything in the freezer so it wouldn't spoil. When they arrived they took everything out of the freezer, swapped out the old, installed the new one and helped me put everything back into the new one. They arrived in the time slot they gave me. They were polite and friendly and very helpful. And I received a call the next day to make sure I was happy. Well worth £20 in my book.

Hi,

the British heart Foundation charity has started selling reconditioned white goods and electricals round here.
They have opened 2 shops not far from me recently.

They offer free local delivery.

Cheers,
karen

I use my local independent retailer. I've only bought three things from them over the years but they have been brilliant. I can usually buy the item about £20 cheaper elsewhere but then I have to pay for delivery and for them to take away the old one. All of that was included in the £20 extra.

When my fridge freezer died recently they were the only company who could deliver quickly. The told me to leave everything in the freezer so it wouldn't spoil. When they arrived they took everything out of the freezer, swapped out the old, installed the new one and helped me put everything back into the new one. They arrived in the time slot they gave me. They were polite and friendly and very helpful. And I received a call the next day to make sure I was happy. Well worth £20 in my book.

presumably they know what they're talking about Tinks but when we've bought a new freezer the instructions are that it has to be on for a number of hours before it's ok to transfer your frozen stuff over to it, surely you shouldn't put it into a not-yet-frozen environment..? Perhaps things are different now?

Sounds like a fair compromise when the alterative would be leaving them out at room temperature. I think the fast freeze button speeds things up. I'm all in favour supporting local businesses.

Jude xx

Hi,

the British heart Foundation charity has started selling reconditioned white goods and electricals round here.
They have opened 2 shops not far from me recently.

They offer free local delivery.

Cheers,
karen

That really is shocking that a charity offer free delivery yet QVC charge £50. Im also very much for supporting local businesses and you'll often find there as cheap if not cheaper that the bigger companies

presumably they know what they're talking about Tinks but when we've bought a new freezer the instructions are that it has to be on for a number of hours before it's ok to transfer your frozen stuff over to it, surely you shouldn't put it into a not-yet-frozen environment..? Perhaps things are different now?

I don't think it's ideal Carol but I had no choice other than to cook and eat it all :eek:)

Nothing defrosted and I must have eaten most of it by now.

I don't think it's ideal Carol but I had no choice other than to cook and eat it all :eek:)

Nothing defrosted and I must have eaten most of it by now.

And you're still here to tell the tale...! That's good Tinks anyway! We were told (Curry's) that had we asked for our old one to be removed they'd have let us make the change-over and then come back the following day - but I am going back a few years, which is why I thought things might be different now.

Just watched the demonstration of the washing machine, seems an awful lot of money for wot ur actually getting, and one of the major selling points was iif u have a power cut u have this yellow key thing so u can open the door of the machine so you dont have to leave the clothes in there, surely the machines gonna be full of water if ur unlucky enough to have a power cut while ur using the machine, its hardly likely just as the cycle ends the power goes off.

i buy aeg,bosch and siemans and i have never needed to pay well over a thousand pounds for any white goods. miele do not guarantee thier goods for 20 years and i think its missleading when they say that the products are built to last 20 years .

White goods I always get from JL or JL.com. They price match with the likes of the other retailers, plus you get their customer service.
My Mum just purchased a fridge/freezer from them. the Old one had to be completely cleared, so I lent her a freezer bag with blocks. They delivered, took out the old, plugged in the new. That did have to be left for a few hours to start chilling, then everything was transferred from the freezer bag , still frozen.
The gases inside the cooling equipment have to have time to settle.

Well Df said the white gds all sold out well just shows that some people have more money than sense

i'm in the market for a new fridge, been doing lots of research online and am torn between John Lewis or Appliances on line. Also need a new microwave and a new gas cooker, horrified at what it is all going to cost me, but imagine getting that little lot from Q, it would set me back the cost of a fridge in p and p alone!

Wherever possible I buy appliances from local retailers.

Occasionally it might be cheaper elsewhere by a few pounds, but they'll usually match the price. Local retailers are keen for your return custom, and in any case, the superb after sales service they give if there are any problems it worth a few extra pounds to me.

Wherever possible I buy appliances from local retailers.

Occasionally it might be cheaper elsewhere by a few pounds, but they'll usually match the price. Local retailers are keen for your return custom, and in any case, the superb after sales service they give if there are any problems it worth a few extra pounds to me.

Totally agree Frazz.

I recently replaced my 25 year old Miele washing machine with another from their mid price range and bought it from our local Euronics dealer. It's better than my old one, came with a 10 year warranty, delivered and fitted for free and the old one disposed of at no extra charge.

Last edited:
Yes I agree, but in some of the reviews I read people were annoyed that the call centre rang them on more than one occasion and tried the hard sell on the warranties.

I must have been lucky I purchased a washing machine from them 2 months ago and have never been hassled by them for anything

Latest posts

Back