Product reviews.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

talisker25

Registered Shopper
This Is one big con by Q. They don't alway publish honest reviews and when an item that they sell and want to keep selling gets poor reviews they change the deal so they can start again. I noticed this today with the garden gnome compost. It used to have quite poor reviews, they have changed the deal and now it only has one review as opposed the the hundreds it had and, guess what, it's 5 stars. Thought we might not notice Q? Not a chance.

This Is one big con by Q. They don't alway publish honest reviews and when an item that they sell and want to keep selling gets poor reviews they change the deal so they can start again. I noticed this today with the garden gnome compost. It used to have quite poor reviews, they have changed the deal and now it only has one review as opposed the the hundreds it had and, guess what, it's 5 stars. Thought we might not notice Q? Not a chance.

I bought the LAB gadget which was a TSV recently. I wrote a review which definitely didn't go against the rules and got it rejected. Everything I said was true and fair, I said it took ages to go through the whole routine, making it too time consuming and the red light made my eyes hurt. Several other reviews said similar things to mine but it seems they were getting too many negative ones, so stopped accepting any which weren't absolutely positive.

No matter what they say there is no way of writing a review to keep within the supposed guidelines as they are a moving target.

I am convinced that they are put into virtual star bins and they then lucky dip, 90% from the highest and then a few from the lower ones to appear authentic. This is why we are perplexed as to why ours were rejected whilst others are accepted.

Independent, fair et etc my a**e.

I complained about a load of negative reviews being taken off the website when it was revamped. I received a reply stating that it was being investigated but, surprise, surprise, never heard anything else and the reviews were not reinstated.

I never bother to leave reviews for QVC anymore, why waste my time for something that might not get posted? Most of the reviews that do get approved are completely unhelpful anyway, it's either "wow I love this product it really suits me!" or "I really hate this product it doesn't suit me", without actually detailing why that is the case.

you cant beat amazon for reviews they are usually very honest and you can go back and comment later on if need be. best shopping experience imo

you cant beat amazon for reviews they are usually very honest and you can go back and comment later on if need be. best shopping experience imo

Some of the reviews are a master class in comedy. I recommend the veet for men hair removal - 992 reviews which are a catalogue of one-upmanship in "colourful" reviews. Very funny, but be aware that some anatomical rude words are used extensively. I dare say amongst the comedy reviews you will find some which allow you to make an informed decision about purchasing the product... if you can stop laughing long enough to find them.

I order a pair of Birkinstock from Amazon stated as in stock at time iof order. However the delivery date has been delayed FOUR times already. Granted they have emailed each time the delivery date comes around to ask if I want to cancel but it makes me wonder how they are having so much trouble with something supposedly in stock.

The price was very (too?) good and I won't be wearing them for a while yet but still a pain.

I couldn't agree more. Whether I am actually buying something from Amazon or not, I look for the product I'm interested in on the site and often find some really excellent reviews and helpful tips about the products, largely because, as you say, people go back weeks or months later and add comments after using for a time. I've also asked questions before buying and always had quick and helpful replies from other customers. That reminds me, I must add some reviews on Amazon myself to return the favour!

Some of the reviews are a master class in comedy. I recommend the veet for men hair removal - 992 reviews which are a catalogue of one-upmanship in "colourful" reviews. Very funny, but be aware that some anatomical rude words are used extensively. I dare say amongst the comedy reviews you will find some which allow you to make an informed decision about purchasing the product... if you can stop laughing long enough to find them.

THANK YOU for this! I've just spent the best 20 minutes reading men's hair removal cream reviews!

I have never left a review on the qvc site and don't actually know how to do so Can anyone advise how to thanks

I bought the LAB gadget which was a TSV recently. I wrote a review which definitely didn't go against the rules and got it rejected. Everything I said was true and fair, I said it took ages to go through the whole routine, making it too time consuming and the red light made my eyes hurt. Several other reviews said similar things to mine but it seems they were getting too many negative ones, so stopped accepting any which weren't absolutely positive.

What is a LAB gadget?

I wonder, where there are already reviews that reflect your own view of a product, as GG mentioned re the LAB gadget, that if one were to copy and paste the exact wording and submitted the review whether it'd be accepted? You'd have indisputable grounds to challenge them if it wasn't...unless copying is against the rules too. :mysmilie_10:

If they were decent and honest about their `review system` the stars would be displayed on screen ... but that`s never going to happen is it? Many of the styles that were being presented on the DG hours had poor reviews ... I`ve already said it was like an end of line sell out...makes you wonder if it`ll be stocked for very much longer.

I've had some of my reviews rejected even though most of them were positive. I've rung up and asked why they were rejected, they've told me, I've easily reworded the reviews to say what I want to say around their rules, and all of them have been posted. I've also complained about other people's reviews and all but one have been removed. Like everything else, whether something is posted can depend upon who is auditing your review and their interpretation of the rules. Sometimes they get it wrong and when someone else looks at it they put it right.

I wonder, where there are already reviews that reflect your own view of a product, as GG mentioned re the LAB gadget, that if one were to copy and paste the exact wording and submitted the review whether it'd be accepted? You'd have indisputable grounds to challenge them if it wasn't...unless copying is against the rules too. :mysmilie_10:

Copying is probably against the rules too. Still mystified as to why my LAB review was rejected, but not sufficiently bothered to ring and query it. I might jig it a bit and re-submit it and see what they think next time. I would have thought the comment about the red light hurting my eyes might have done it, but someone else had already said it hurt theirs and absolutely nothing else was in the least questionable.

Latest posts

Back