Princess Grace Collection

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Turandot

Registered Shopper
Am I the only one who thinks these famous people should be left to rest in peace.?

The sales guy is painting a fairy tail picture of Grace Kelly's life with her wonderful prince ,while flogging copies of her jewellery with lots of photos .

As far as I have read she had a pretty difficult and lonely life once she married her prince. She had to live full time in Monaco.She planned to return to acting but was not allowed to.

She often found the royal duties stifling.

How do people get permission to sell these items and make money out of them.

I agree, it's over priced costume jewellery based on a person who's sadly past away, I think to make money off the back of a dead person is pretty crass.

I can't figure out why people want to copy others style of jewellery anyway, actors/princess or someone who's famous for getting their knockers out (noooo not Chuntley or Claire Sutton) I mean Michelle Moan (yes I know it's Mone, but I find their spelling more fitting. :mysmilie_17:)

My early interest in the tales has turned to nausea by the end of the hour, the jewellery doesn't interest me.I used to wonder how Tova gets away with her pieces being reproduced in EEK.I can't imagine the original fine jewellers being too impressed.

Glass stones and base metal in a posh box. What is there to like ? Our local market has a stall which sells lots of this type of blingy stuff, much cheaper and she has some nice pieces but at costume jewellery prices. This Princess Grace stuff on Q is costume jewellery at top price !

Grace was painted as this saintly figure, the good Catholic girl made good. She had affairs with a number of Hollywood actors before marrying. Became a princess was unhappy and had a drink problem towards the end of her life. She is no difference from many ordinary women who married unhappily.

The old idea of the girl finding her prince and living happily ever after belongs in fairytales, or Disney cartoons... we all have a better idea how restrictive and unhappy many are when they marry into what is essentially a business where everyone's job is being royal and representing the country (whichever one it is) and never putting a foot wrong.

I'm sure there are good points, but there is a dark side too.

When I saw this, I did think that this was just another opportunity to cash in on a famous woman who live/died/lived and died tragically. If they can dig up enough Marilyn Monroe jewellery, they'd probably have a punt at that... same with Audrey Hepburn.

I agree, it's over priced costume jewellery based on a person who's sadly past away, I think to make money off the back of a dead person is pretty crass.

I can't figure out why people want to copy others style of jewellery anyway, actors/princess or someone who's famous for getting their knockers out (noooo not Chuntley or Claire Sutton) I mean Michelle Moan (yes I know it's Mone, but I find their spelling more fitting. :mysmilie_17:)

Whilst trying to respect all people I do it on the basis of them being equal to me.If they have particular talents or abilities I respect and admire those also. However,I never feel the need to emulate rich people by wearing cheap copies of their clothes/jewellery etc. as basically as human beings they are no better or worse than myself.I am sure many other people must share this view. I have a gold ring hand made for me by a jeweller. It has a 1/4 carat S2 clarity diamond solitaire in a band designed by my OH.I also buy/ make the jewellery which I like as I don't feel any pressure to spend money on named stuff.It is sad that companies cash in on cheapening the original items that were made for people such as Grace Kelly.The copies aren't even in silver or silver/ gold plate which would at least merit the hype and fancy boxes they are sold in.

Whilst trying to respect all people I do it on the basis of them being equal to me.If they have particular talents or abilities I respect and admire those also. However,I never feel the need to emulate rich people by wearing cheap copies of their clothes/jewellery etc. as basically as human beings they are no better or worse than myself.I am sure many other people must share this view. I have a gold ring hand made for me by a jeweller. It has a 1/4 carat S2 clarity diamond solitaire in a band designed by my OH.I also buy/ make the jewellery which I like as I don't feel any pressure to spend money on named stuff.It is sad that companies cash in on cheapening the original items that were made for people such as Grace Kelly.The copies aren't even in silver or silver/ gold plate which would at least merit the hype and fancy boxes they are sold in.

That is how I feel.The copies arent even good quality .This man is just someone making a quick buck at the expense of a dead persons name .

Grace Kelly's life was pretty tragic in the end and it doesn't feel good to watch this.

I also don't feel the need to copy what famous people wore ,I'm more individualistic than that .i don't envy their lifestyle one bit.

Using Princess Grace's name to sell tacky base metal jewellry is in poor taste, in my opinion...

Whatever next? Crappy glass necklaces and base metal tiaras to flog Princess Diana's 20th anniversary of her death, next year?

I would not put it past QVC to do that...:dull:

They used to sell a replica of Princess Diana engagement ring around the time of the most resent royal wedding and a whole line of eek to mark the 60th anniversary of the accession of Queen Elizabeth II.

Correct me if I'm wrong but are these not reproduced with the approval of the family in the same way as Jackie Kennedy?

If so I think that is where the true disgust should lie, the jeweller is doing a job the family should be the ones to treat her memory with respect.

However I agree with Donna - these people were not the saints they have been made out. This happens more with those famous people who die young. If we had another 30 years of their lifestyle we would see that they are anything but the perfect princesses they are portrayed as.

I enjoyed the guest when he did the Jackie K jewellery, but this is just a repeat performance, just a different name....

Correct me if I'm wrong but are these not reproduced with the approval of the family in the same way as Jackie Kennedy?

If so I think that is where the true disgust should lie, the jeweller is doing a job the family should be the ones to treat her memory with respect.

This range is officially approved and, as far as I understand are sold on behalf of the Princess Grace Foundation. It has been for sale for some while on a US shopping channel where the following is displayed on the website: "Manufactured by Clarion Pell, LLC, GraceKellyCollection.com. Use of name and likeness of Princess Grace of Monaco with permission of the Princess Grace Foundation USA, which supports emerging artists in theater, dance, and film. www.pgfusa.org. Under license from Kismet Kors LLC.".

The Princess Grace Foundation is a USA based non profit making ,tax exempt charity, and receives public funds.

They provide grants for up and coming artists in the theatre and dance field.According to their web site you have to be a USA resident to apply for a grant.

I watched about half an hour of the Q show and none of this was mentioned .Only Graces back story .As far as I remember she wasnt even known for her jewellery,unlike Elizabeth Taylor.

If part if the profits are going to fund American artists Q should make it clear.

I imagine the man selling this collection is in it for profit and has to give cut to the charity.It would be good to know.

Last edited:
The Princess Grace Foundation is a USA based non profit making ,tax exempt charity, and receives public funds.

They provide grants for up and coming artists in the theatre and dance field.According to their web site you have to be a USA resident to apply for a grant.

I watched about half an hour of the Q show and none of this was mentioned .Only Graces back story .As far as I remember she wasnt even known for her jewellery,unlike Elizabeth Taylor.

If part if the profits are going to fund American artists Q should make it clear.

I imagine the man selling this collection is in it for profit and has to give cut to the charity.It would be good to know.

Given that the title is as a result of her marrying into the Monégasque royal family (the Grimaldis) it seems a pity this foundation isn't open to both the country of her birth and the country she married into.

A lot of what Phil said was not correct particularly about their faithfulness during the marriage.

A lot of what Phil said was not correct particularly about their faithfulness during the marriage.

A lot of what he said was not particularly correct ,but they need the gloss to sell the jewellery.

I Always think of Grace as a bit of a tragic figure ,trapped in a so called fairy tale marriage by her religion and family as many were in those days.

Latest posts

Back